Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Great News!

It is with great pleasure that I am able to announce our “CASAA Concert” has grown EXPONENTIALLY this week. I just left a meeting with the Azalea Trail Run folks and City of Mobile. CASAA is merging our efforts with theirs to become Co-Sponsor and Organizer of The First Annual Azalea Trail Food and Music Festival to be held March 27th in Mobile, Alabama! Gumbo Cookoff and several bands are slated to perform at the all-day event including our own Bloody 98 and The Xcentrix.

Azalea Trail Run - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azalea_Trail_Run

I apologize to anyone who has already made plans for the 20th of March (our original date) but national exposure and 30,000 attendees propels CASAA into the limelight among our fellow sponsors; Winn-Dixie, Hampton Inn, Michelob and Kentwood Springs.

WebOperations.net will be completing a site for the festival next week and I will post the link as soon as it’s live. CBS Sunday Morning and most of the major networks will be covering the event. This is our chance to show harm reduction in a clean and non-confrontational light. I can’t stress how important it is that vapers from all over the country plan to attend to show your support for our cause.

For anyone who needs an excuse to make it a family mini-vacation

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
atfmf2.jpg

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
CASAA really stands out on the Promo... We gonna have an Gumbo Team?

"Are we gonna have a..."

Geeez.

No, you dih’ inh.

Whoa...now THAT hurts.

That really cuts me to the bone, mtndude. I was BORN in Baton Rouge, LA and lived most of my life on the Gulf Coast.

Can CASAA Make Gumbo?

Yes. CASAA will be represented WELL at the contest.

See? THIS is what happens when you don’t come to a Regional Team Captain’s meeting…

Last edited:

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Donley,

The concert web site should be populated in a few days, hopefully Rick from "The Rejects" (formally the Xcentrix) has contacted you about the PA system and sound equipment. There will be two more bands and the Gumbo Cook Off. The venue has been changed to Spanish Plaza in Mobile to coincide with the starting and finish line of the Azalea Trail Run and we're expecting between 5,000 - 7,000 attendees.

spanish_plaza_mobile.jpg

We have 500 T-Shirts (initial run) being made with the CASAA logo in the front pocket at the slogan "Think Outside the Pack" across the back (I'll post a photo and offer them for sale on www.casaa.org next week when we get them in. We also have a CASAA banner being made for our tent.

(Volunteers to man the CASAA booth?)

Last edited:

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
Doh...I was supposed to be in Lumberton from the 14th-21st...back when it was on the 20th I was gonna ditch my other thing early and come to this...I can't affort to just hang out in Mississippi for another week...
Bummer too because the group I belong to is gonna have a couple thousand people in lumberton for that week too...I was gonna work on converts..

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Oh gosh, so close to me !!!!!!!! I wanna go !!!!!!!!!!!

Awww - then COME ON!

Even territoo is coming in a week early to run some sort of top sekrit medical CASAA tests on my gumbo recipe. We need folks from AL, MS, LA, FL, GA and everywhere else to come and support this event!!!

To my knowledge, this is the largest open-air e-cigarette event ever held. Live music, gumbo, Q&A in the CASAA tent and e-cig vendors are encouraged to call 251.662.1481 about booth space. :cool:

mtndude

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Roan Mountain, TN
really wish I could make it, Webby... never been to beautiful Mobile, AL.

My wife loves to travel anywhere, but schedules aren't working out this time around.

I have to wonder though, will CASAA's gumbo team be at a disadvantage? I've heard one of the secret ingredients in a good gumbo is the occasional dash of cigarette ash from the chef. :)

I'm sure this will be big success!

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
I have to wonder though, will CASAA's gumbo team be at a disadvantage? I've heard one of the secret ingredients in a good gumbo is the occasional dash of cigarette ash from the chef. :)

ROFL!!! I can honestly say that this is ONE ingredient I don't use...

Any ideas on good hotels near the square during the event? I want to come:D Webby?
RIMP:evil:

The Hampton Inn Downtown is a couple of blocks from the event and is a sponsor of the Azalea Trail Run. I am meeting with them Monday to see what kind of great rates they can give us. They have already given us a few rooms, but the bands have been promised those. I'm sure we can get a sweetheart deal though.

Here is a map of the event, along with the starting and end points of the race -

mobileatfmf.jpg

Mrs Webby and I will be onsite in the "Rolling CASAA HQ" so look for us at the event!

webbymobile.jpg

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    really wish I could make it, Webby... never been to beautiful Mobile, AL.

My wife loves to travel anywhere, but schedules aren't working out this time around.

You just exposed my top sekrit research!. Is a dash of ejuice better for gumbo than a dash of ash?

Webby

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2009
    USA
    Visit the Official site for more details!!!

Azalea Trail Food and Music Festival

CASAA and ECF volunteers needed!!!! Call (251) 662-1467 or (251) 583-0368 if you plan to attend and can help with the event. This is your chance to do something to help show the general public that vaping is a lifestyle and not something to be feared or ignored.

• Concessions
    • Ticket Sales
    • CASAA T-Shirt and E-cig Information Booth
    • Band Setup/Breakdown
    • Gumbo Teams
    • Kids Inflatable Area Chaperones
    • Bring a picnic blanket and vape, vape vape!
    You all say you want to help? Now is the chance to do something! Thousands of impressionable voters will be on hand. Don't let the only time they hear about e-cigs to be on the news.

boochips

ECF Veteran
    Aug 6, 2009
    Marianna, Florida
    Visit the Official site for more details!!!

Azalea Trail Food and Music Festival

CASAA and ECF volunteers needed!!!! Call (251) 662-1467 or (251) 583-0368 if you plan to attend and can help with the event. This is your chance to do something to help show the general public that vaping is a lifestyle and not something to be feared or ignored.

• Concessions
    • Ticket Sales
    • CASAA T-Shirt and E-cig Information Booth
    • Band Setup/Breakdown
    • Gumbo Teams
    • Kids Inflatable Area Chaperones
    • Bring a picnic blanket and vape, vape vape!
    You all say you want to help? Now is the chance to do something! Thousands of impressionable voters will be on hand. Don't let the only time they hear about e-cigs to be on the news.

Hey Webby...RIMP and I have a room booked at the Hampton for that weekend. We want to volunteer to help if you need it...let us know...
    Thanks and see you there.:D

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread