Cartomizer Break-In Period?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
I got my second order from MV today and filled up a couple of my shiny new cartomizers to use with my LUX. To my surprise, they induced a bit of a nasty chemical taste. The same liquids don't have the chemical-y taste while dripping on an atty or using cartridges, it's just with the cartomizers. I've been hitting the same ones pretty hard all day hoping the chemical taste would dissipate but so far it hasn't. Is there some kind of break-in period for cartos where they kind of "adjust" after a couple of days?

Also, they're slightly harder to draw on compared to an atty and cart. Is that normal as well?

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
I'll say this, cartos don't taste quite like an atty, but I do find the 902 and the Sidesho to be the closest of any I've tried - and that includes the LUX XL, which is actually my main carto now regardless of that. I don't taste any more of a chemical taste with cartos than I do with an atty though, although with an atty, its fairly easy to blow out that primer before vaping. That being said, just like an atty, I find a carto tastes best on the second fill. I couldn't even count how many cartos I've gone through, but I've only ever had one that tasted weird and that was last week.

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
After using these two all day, the chemical taste is finally starting to dissipate from one of them but it's still lingering pretty bad with the other. When I refill tomorrow, I'll report back as to whether or not it's still there. I might also try boiling one or two of the new ones before bed and see if they taste right when I fill them tomorrow. Might be worth a shot.

As far as the chemical taste itself, it kind of reminds me of hairspray or perfume. If you've ever walked into the bathroom while your wife is getting ready and walked into a cloud of that with your mouth open, you know exactly what I'm talking about. lol

@Garnoch: I popped the carto caps off and threw them away as soon as I opened the package. I greatly prefer the flat tips from the cartridges over the round style, so I put those on there. It also helps since the regular-size cartos don't mesh well with the large cone on the LUX. I need a small cone. Or XL cartos. Or both.
*looks at wallet*
*looks at computer*
*looks at wallet*
*looks at computer*

uniqueusername

Verified Member
Nov 10, 2011
United States
After refilling this morning, the chemical taste is totally gone. Still kind of hard to draw on, but it doesn't really bother me now that I've gotten used to it.

I didn't get a chance to boil any. I'll boil two of the unused ones tonight and see if that changes anything when I fill them up tomorrow. It will be nice if I never have to deal with that taste again. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread