Cartomizer and manual batteries query

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
I have read that dipping the end in boiling water for a few seconds will soften the glue enough that they can be removed without a lot of damage.

Also, some people use a syringe to refill them, and I have heard that the condom refill also works if done from the end that goes in your mouth. I think it's advised to let them sit a bit before use, to allow the juice to soak down into the filler and away from the opening.

Last edited:

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
I have read that dipping the end in boiling water for a few seconds will soften the glue enough that they can be removed without a lot of damage.

Also, some people use a syringe to refill them, and I have heard that the condom refill also works if done from the end that goes in your mouth. I think it's advised to let them sit a bit before use, to allow the juice to soak down into the filler and away from the opening.

Thanks
Kushka

ps - It's good to meet a male of my on species on these boards :wub:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I've used RN4081 cartomizers from wordup and they were not bad. They also have free shipping which is nice.

Cartomizers For All Batteries

I've also used these and thought they were Horrible. Over priced and a terrible taste after 2 refills.

SmokeStik Cartridges and Cartomizers

I've be wanting to try these...

CL9_501 Electronic Cigarette Cartomizers, Pack of 5.-.eCigarettes | Electronic Cigarette | Our American Made Smoke Juice for eCigarettes | e-Cigarettes E Cigarettes USA eCigarette: Cloud 9 Smoking eCigarettes:

But I'm holding off for quasimod to turn me onto to a link for an RN4081 Battery to 510 adapter so I can use my 510 cartos instead.

Manual RN4081 batteries are a little hard to find. You might e-Mail Jeffery at wordup and ask him if he can get some for you. He has carried them in the past but it looks like he is sold out.

DSE103 Manual And Auto Batteries

BTW - RN4081 = NJOY NPro = DSE103

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
I've used RN4081 cartomizers from wordup and they were not bad. They also have free shipping which is nice.

Cartomizers For All Batteries

I just ordered and received yesterday a pkg. of their empty cartomizers and a spare battery to use with my SE gold, decent prices & free shipping, like ye said, I'd do business with them again.!

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] Would like to find extended cartos, any ideas?

Nope, sorry, I use a different model entirely. I guess my interest here is academic. A lot of people automatically bash the super-mini, and I'm as guilty of that as anyone (NPro was my first ecig). A few months ago, I realized how unfair and wrong that was. It wasn't the right PV for ME, because I chain-smoked 3 packs of Kools every day, and I had no idea what I was doing. Of course, back then I blamed all my problems on the equipment. I never even considered that I might need to learn more about vaping techniques. Now I realize that rugged little work-horse of an atty can be a perfect match for the right kind of vaper. It's ridiculous to act like everyone needs a continuous 36 mg fog slamming into their lungs at 6 Volts, like I do.

I'm actually considering the idea of buying another NPro, just to play around with it, and to see just how much I can squeeze out of one. That way I won't just be talking out of my rear, next time the subject comes up.

Last edited:

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
azsmokefree.com has blank cartomizers for 5.50 for five of them, and I think they have the 510 to rn4081 adaptors as well for relatively cheap

Just a heads up...

The Blank RN4081 cartos look like they are the "soft shell" type. They have a foam cover over the carto that feels like a regular cigarette filter. Problem is that they only hold about 7 drops of juice.

You might contact them and ask how much juice they hold Before you buy them.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I got them in today, they aren't the soft shell ones, and these hold about 20 drops, like I was a little skeptical myself, for 5 cartos for 5$ so I was like screw it haha. But yeah they hit really well too

Thats good to know.

I bought a pack of these from www.lecig.com and when they arrived I freaked out. They worked fine but the tube was about an 1/8" in diameter. You could get about 10 good hits on them before they ran dry.

SMSC2.jpg

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
BTW - How much was shipping on them?[/QUOTE

I bought cartomizers from azsmokefree.com shipping was $4.95. They came in a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box with tracking. I got notification with tracking number 4 hours after ordering, and they were delivered 2 days later.

I ordered both blanks and pre-filled cartomizers. The pre-filled looked and tasted like the NJOY ones I had bought (a mediocre tobacco flavor)- except that the tops are not glued down like NJOYS are. I filled a couple the blank ones with a syringe and I filled them with 1.25ml. e-liquid, I might could have added more, but as I have automatic batteries, I was afraid of overfilling because I read that if e-liquid gets down the battery hole it will ruin them.

From my experience, I would not hesitate to recommend the vendor :thumb:

Last edited:

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
I asked Mike at azsmokefree about the cartos and he said the ones he has now are Kanger.
Also he DOES have the elusive 4081 manual battery as well as 510/4081 adapter and ....pay attention now people.....the KR8/901 battery to 4081 atty/carto adapter...this is a great combo with an XL KR8 battery!~ And....delrin drip tips...black AND white...for $2.50! I havnt' ordered from them yet because I am waiting for him to get his full line of cartos in...but I have emailed a couple times and he always answers me right away and tells me what I have wanted to know. Seems like a nice well rounded store with honest prices...heck...I just paid $20 for 3 plastic drip tips and $7 freakin dollars for shipping!?!!??? and you can bet when they get here it will be in a 1st class envelope that cost .85 cents to mail...I know..I'm a sucker...but they were pink. :)

dustypioneer

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
Southern California
If you have the Njoy carto's you can take a pair of pliers and grab the battery end while holding the plastic and give it a pull. I tried doing that and added some juice straight to the filler to one and it worked better than any other carto I've tried. However when I try to wash the liquid out of these cartos and refill them, they never seem to work correctly. But yea getting that cap off is impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread