Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Say, I have used several different materials to change stuffing in my 510 cart. Polyfill, Fluval, and blue foam. The blue foam seems to go bad quick so I have been using the Fluval mostly. I guess my question is how long do you make the stuffing? I find if I bottom it out in the cart that I lose a lot of draw on the inhale. If I leave a bit of space between the stuffing and the floor of the cart that I get much better draw. Is this true with you? Thanks Ed

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Didn't know they could be refilled

When I got into vaping (back in the day LOL) the newest thing were these plastic cartridges that had poly fill in them. You filled it up and then it actually pushed into and against the coil in the atomizer. As you can imagine 99% of the time you just got a burned poly fill taste. I ended up with mine jerry rigged with a straw tube in the center covered by a blue piece of fish filter foam. Worked I guess. But i think thats where the initial search for a good filler started. LOL thank god for tanks and dripping attys.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Say, I have used several different materials to change stuffing in my 510 cart. Polyfill, Fluval, and blue foam. The blue foam seems to go bad quick so I have been using the Fluval mostly. I guess my question is how long do you make the stuffing? I find if I bottom it out in the cart that I lose a lot of draw on the inhale. If I leave a bit of space between the stuffing and the floor of the cart that I get much better draw. Is this true with you? Thanks Ed

Here's a very good old post on it ED-
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rt-filler-no-leaks-instructions-pictures.html

I have to agree with the others-cartomizers.

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    Here's a very good old post on it ED-
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...rt-filler-no-leaks-instructions-pictures.html

I have to agree with the others-cartomizers.

Hey thanks r77r7r. I just cut it up and stuffed it into a cart. So I'll toke on it a couple hours and see how it does. I actually do something similar. I take a blank and twist it in the center and then fold it in half end to end. Then I stuff it into the cart. The tail is not as pronounced as it is with this method. Might make a difference. My biggest problem with this Fluval-stuffed cart is I get only a couple good hits that are full of flavor. Then the flavor goes dead. I let it sit a few minutes and the flavor comes back for a couple more puffs. Obviously a wicking problem. I've been reading up on cartos. What can you tell me about your experience with cartos? How long do they last? Does it retain full flavor throughout? How many times can they be refilled before they deteriorate? Etc... I'm using an eGO with standard 650mah battery. Thanks for the help r77! Ed

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 22, 2012
    Central Illinois
    Right now I've been on a XL boge cartomizer in a 6ml tank for about 2 weeks and it's still going strong. Awesome full flavor nearly every hit. If it gets a bit dry just give it a few dry tokes to rev it back up and keep on vaping. Run through roughly 3mls of liquid a day like this. At times even chain vaping without a hitch. Honestly I would completely ditch the notion of refilling cartos and get ur self a tank or a vivi nova. Vivi novas are cheap, simple and function great. I'd bet you would be amazed how better your vaping experience would be.

njay23

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2012
    West Deptford, NJ
    Even though I see the chamber is open, I still find your avatar very unsettling.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

Bronze

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2012
    OK fellas, you made your point. Notice I changed my Avatar. And zoiDman...sorry I had to take you back to the olden days when you first started. That must really be rough on you. But we all have to start at some time don't we. Yes, even me. Sorry for the dumb question. May your day be as perfect as you are.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread