Cant believe I have to pocket a spare battery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone.... I havethe full sized Provari V2 with an extension cap and use AW IMR 18650 2000 mah batteries (have 2)

I tend to vape most frequently using a 2.0 ohm coil in a protank at 3.9-4.2v depending on the juice and where the juice wants to be.

I typically start the day at 5am with a fully charged battery showing 4.1-4.2v. I have this abnormal paranoia that my battery will die before I get home at 4... Ive been very close a few times and dont want to be caught without any vaping for an hour!

I usually vape 3-4ml per day in the protank... and Im strongly considering taking a spare battery with me...just in case.

Is it OK to carry a battery in your pocket...not in a case...as long as nothing else is in your pocket? am I worrying for nothing?
any thoughts? I thought for sure that the 18650 would allow me to vape all day...but now Im not so sure.

what do you think?

Thanks
Geo

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
I have carried a battery in my pocket with keys, change, just about anything else with no issues

Just because it has been done, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

I would suggest the OP find something to put the battery in like a small pill case or mint box. Better safe than sorry.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Carrying a spare battery in you pants together with keys and coins is a short waiting to happen. I carry spare batteries in box like this:

2Pcs-TangsFire-18650-3200mAh-3-7V-Ni-MH-Rechareable-Battery-with-Battery-Box-Free-Shipping.jpg

Maka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
High on Vaping
I remember a post way back when I was pretty new about a girl who had a battery in her purse, and a silver chain connected to both + and - ends and melted. Luckily she found it before it went further than that.

Make sure that is the only thing in that particular pocket, or find a case. :)

I remember that too.
Always put a spare battery in a case as posted above.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Theoretically, if there is no metal in the pocket (keys, coins, nail clipper, etc.), you could keep a spare "bare" battery in it. But it's not a good practice to do day in and day out.

I normally use one of the battery boxes that many of the vendors sell, but one day I neglected to do this and put a bare battery into my pocket. Wouldn't you know I wasn't aware that there were a few loose coins in that pocket and they were enough to make an electrical connection. I felt warmth in my pocket and immediately removed the battery. It vented and popped its cap, ruining the battery. This was an AW 18350 button top IMR battery for my Mini Provari.

Talyon

Vape 4 Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
Toronto
Also there's always a chance that some moisture can occur in your pocket, at least in a case your somewhat protected if the unlikely should happen. Use a cell phone clip on to carry battery in case, this well free up your pocket.

Please don't put batteries in pockets without a case. The risk is yours alone.

Angi2299

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2012
W'ford, TX
I also use a case for batteries. even though the added bulk is not so comfortable sometimes.
I wish somebody would come out with a condom or form fitting tube for batteries.
If they exist, please post a link.

Look in the craft section of a Hobby Lobby or Michaels (where they keep the beading supplies). There are several sizes of tubes to store loose beads that may be the right size to slip in a battery. The ones I'm thinking of have a screw on lid and are plastic.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
Look in the craft section of a Hobby Lobby or Michaels (where they keep the beading supplies). There are several sizes of tubes to store loose beads that may be the right size to slip in a battery. The ones I'm thinking of have a screw on lid and are plastic.
Thanks, that's a good idea.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
RTD has a large selection of plastic cases for nearly every size of battery: Battery Cases

Thank you for pointing that out. I will most likely place an order now, since I want a few more batts too. Wish they had a better selection of drip tips. I try to get as much as I can from one source to save on shipping charges.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you for pointing that out. I will most likely place an order now, since I want a few more batts too. Wish they had a better selection of drip tips. I try to get as much as I can from one source to save on shipping charges.
Generally they have one of the best selections of batteries at very reasonable prices, generally in-stock, and very fast order/shipping turnaround. You can be assured of getting genuine brand name batteries if you are into that (as I am).

RTD used to also have a greater selection of different types of drip tips. In comparison with most other sites, they still do if you also consider their Cherry Vapes and Trippy Tips line.

What type of drip tips were you interested in? Metal, acrylic, pyrex, Tru-Stone, etc?

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Mostly acrylic. Glass is too expensive and I tend to drop and break them so I won't invest crazy amounts in a drip tip. Metal- can't stand when I accidentally scrape my teeth. :p Haven't tried tru-stone. Pretty much anything else I am open to. I need to up my selection of purple drip tips to go with my new purple baby. madvapes seems to have the best selection I have found, but I'm open to suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread