Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone,

I have had my full size v2 provari with an extension cap for 18650s for a couple months already and I have loved every moment of it...Yesterday it scared me though...

Keep in mind that I carry my provari in my shirt pocket all the time and it has either an igo-l or a protank on it. yesterday it had an igo-l with a generic delrin drip tip on it.

we had just finished having some landscaping work done in the backyard...part of which was to extend our patio wit a fresh slab of concrete that is 4 ft wide and 60ft long. wanting to review the work the landscapers completed that day...which included a REPOUR of the slab, I grabbed my Provari and jumped over the new slab into the yard area to inspect the work.

After looking around and wanting to go out for dinner i had to jump the uncured concrete slab again to get back to the patio. (at 6'2" and 235# im not a little fellow). Anyhow, hunger had tajen over and I wasnt paying attention...I forgot to hold my Provari in my pocket as I hopped over the wet concrete. well, you guessed it..as I landed on the patiomy Provari was catapulted out of my pocket and launched itself onto the concrete patio...it landed HARD!

The drip tip snapped off of the Igo-L and shot another 10 ft or so when the Provari hit the pavement. My heart sank and I naturally assumed I had destroyed my still new and beloved Provari. NOT SO! :ohmy:

I picked it up.. removed the rest of the busted drip tip and replaced it with the only other drip tip I have and took a nice long vape. I think I enjoyed that vape more than any other! My Provari had survived its concrete collision...

Yes, I have other devices at my disposal. I think my sigelei 20 would've also survived, but I'm not so sure my wife's z-max mini would've.

I felt like the luckiest idiot in the world! Just wanted to share this story in case someone is wondering whether or not to buy one. the build quality and durability really is as good as everyone says.

Thanks ProVape for such a well made product.

Geo

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I made a protective rubber sleeve for my Provari from a motorcycle grip: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provari/326118-diy-inexpensive-rubber-provari-protective-grip.html

RubberSleeve-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread