Can a cartomizer be rebuilt/rewick/recoil like the clearomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnln

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
SCal
Sorry for the silly question but I only have experience with clearomizer and genesis. I can recoil/rewick the clearomizer now, but can't get the genesis works, so what other choice can I have to get more vape? Searching the site a lot, I see the next thing I want to look into is the carto tank. If I am correct, the carto tank is simply a tank surround the cartomizer. My question is if the cartomizer can be recoil/rewick like the clearomizer? Is the coil inside the tube? What other part is in there? Spongy, cotton? Thanks.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Below is a cutaway diagram of a punched cartomizer, showing the various parts. The arrows show airflow (blue) and juice flow (red).

Cartos can not be rebuilt as currently designed. The heating coil is located within a sock-like bag, which is within a dense poly filler. To take it apart to rebuild the carto would be extremely difficult considering everything is within the metal casing.

I've written a blog for beginner vapors with the first topic being the more common juice delivery devices, including detailed descriptions on the cartomizer and cartotank. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3230-1-proper-terminology-carto-tank-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

The other articles, including one on cartotank setup and another with a large list of pre-punched cartomizer vendors, are here: E-Cigarette Forum - Baditude - Blogs

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
The Diver from Atmistique is as close as one can get to a rebuildable cartomizer. It is liken to a standard 35mm cartomizer in circumference and length.

It is used in the exact same fashion as a traditional cartomizer. However, the atty is rebuildable. The atty, which is wire wrapped silica assembly, sits in a ceramic cup at the base of unit. It has one hole for juice feed.

I use standard drip tips with this delivery system and an OCD SS 22mm tank from IBTanked. The only tell tale sign is the word Diver etched vertically on to the tube.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread