Converting cartomizers into direct dripping atomizers - what else can I do with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smithy963

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
Birmingham, UK
So I saw a video on YouTube. I can't remember where now, but he was converting bottom coil cartomizers into direct dripping(DD) thingy-ma-bobs.

Thing is, I went through a few stages of vaping: Cartomizers -> Clearomizers -> tank + Atomizer -> (DD on the way).

So I have a bunch of stuff left over from each stage. I no longer use Cartomizers, put them in a box. I no longer use Clearomizers, gave them to my girlfriend.

Now my old cartomizers aren't bottom coil like the dude was converting in his vid but I want to make some use of them.

Can I convert them into DD carts as I'm excited to get my DD atomizer?
What else can I do with them?
I only have about 10 of those little boge things left but would be nice to do/try something with them.

Any ideas?

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
You know what, it does work even with the straight coiled ones.

I just stripped down one of my Cartos bosched in some vanilla and the vanilla flavour is coming through really nicely. no burnt flavour at all :D

I'll post back here if I have any more info to update with.

Cool. That's useful to know. I found that 2 drops is enough when I used a bottom coil - anymore than that flooded it. They make good testers.

Smithy963

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
Birmingham, UK
I tried it with vertical coil. It rips up the atomizer when you try to pull the fill out. The coil is intertwined with the fill, so it is nearly impossible not to wreck the atomizer when removing the filler.
You always just toss it. Or, not. I saved a bunch of things that I eventually threw out.

I know what you mean, maybe we had different brand or quality cartos. I've managed to squeeze out the filler and the atomizer is still in tact.

Smithy963

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2013
Birmingham, UK
Cool. That's useful to know. I found that 2 drops is enough when I used a bottom coil - anymore than that flooded it. They make good testers.

The taste is very similar to my Ego-C atomizer and tank, If I ruin this carto with a horrid flavour that sticks I won't be too fussed about it though. Specially since it's old unused kit, just giving it a go to see how enjoyable it is right now.

I don't know what 'drops' are technically, but I just give my 30ml bottle a squeeze and enough comes out not to flood, or burn :)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
1) Mini lamps. Use an old atty-connector set into the base and wire up the + and - to dc. Use the carto as the lamp post. Put a resistor and super-bright LEDs on top. Don't forget the lampshade.

2) Fun with fizzles. A humidifier. Use it to heat small drops of water at a time. Let the steam escape.

3) Emergency signal lights...similar to lamp above, but use RED LEDs and a long 12 v car power plug.

4) Replace all the Christmas Tree light receptacles on a string with atty connectors and use them to have a "vaping tree".

5) Glue a lot of them together (similar to Popsicle sticks) and build stuff

6) Put them in a drawer for "old vaping stuff" like everyone else. Or toss em.

(It's a joke ppl. Don't do this stuff unless you know electronics and do it safely).

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
The taste is very similar to my Ego-C atomizer and tank, If I ruin this carto with a horrid flavour that sticks I won't be too fussed about it though. Specially since it's old unused kit, just giving it a go to see how enjoyable it is right now.

I don't know what 'drops' are technically, but I just give my 30ml bottle a squeeze and enough comes out not to flood, or burn :)

:) Drops are variable.

Hangman0417

May 26, 2013
O'Fallon, MO, USA
1) Mini lamps. Use an old atty-connector set into the base and wire up the + and - to dc. Use the carto as the lamp post. Put a resistor and super-bright LEDs on top. Don't forget the lampshade.

2) Fun with fizzles. A humidifier. Use it to heat small drops of water at a time. Let the steam escape.

3) Emergency signal lights...similar to lamp above, but use RED LEDs and a long 12 v car power plug.

4) Replace all the Christmas Tree light receptacles on a string with atty connectors and use them to have a "vaping tree".

5) Glue a lot of them together (similar to Popsicle sticks) and build stuff

6) Put them in a drawer for "old vaping stuff" like everyone else. Or toss em.

(It's a joke ppl. Don't do this stuff unless you know electronics and do it safely).

Funny you said the LED thing...lol. I have a ton of VV flashlights (another dorky hobby of mine, custom lights), and have been messing with a way to use one of the CR2 battery tubes as a PV batt. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread