BWB RY4 and Hazelnut Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
BWB's legendary RY4 has been reviewed a'plenty on ECF. When I saw a post that some would be made available over the weekend, I set my alarm, went to the site, and got my order in. :)

I'm not the world's biggest RY4 lover. To this palate, it often tastes like cotton-candy flavored tobacco. However, the reviews for BWB's rendition all indicate that it is less sweet than is typical, and I've been eager to give it a try.

I ordered it in 24mg, and although most recommend steeping BWB juices, was too compelled to not load up a carto straight from the mailbox. :) So, just keep that in mind.

You know that sensation that hits you when you walk into a small tobacconist? The air so is heavy with the perfume of tobacco and cedar that you can actually taste it. I don't mean "perfume" in a bad way, as is often the case in juice reviews, but it is still the most appropriate word for describing it.

When I inhaled the RY4, my eyes actually opened wide, and I think the word "wow" came out of my mouth. That "walking into the tobacconist" sensation is *exactly* what this juice tastes like right now. It was a nice pleasant surprise....an absolutely authentic type of flavor.

That said, it's only good in small doses for me right now, as is. Quite extraordinary, but a bit much for someone like me who likes things a tad more subdued. Into the steeping closet it goes, albeit a little begrudgingly.

The Hazelnut Tobacco gave the same underlying impression, but in a more understated way, with a whisper of hazelnut smoothing things out a bit. Off the bat, I prefer this flavor, yet again I lean toward appreciating things a little more on the understated side.

As my carto was vaping down, I began loading some Malty on top of the Hazelnut Tobacco. Wow! This is *right* in the zone for me. Delicious, and the hazelnut comes out a bit more. It will require some restraint to put this juice into the steeping closet, and not vape the bottle dry doing a 50/50 Mallty mix, but I am going to try. :)

BWB is a fantastic juice artisan with a unique flavor profile. I completely understand the hype and fan-club-following. Very well done on these two! (like *I* have to tell anyone! ha ha ha)

samwest

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2011
Gainesville Texas
I got mine Wednesday after trying for months. I knew it would be less than stellar until it could steep for awhile. Got some malty too but the flavor hasn't developed yet with that either. Of course I've been vaping it in small doses, but once Don's stuff gets a little maturity on it look out! I'm a little different than you Zotzer, I like strong flavors. My favorite all around vape is BWB 555 I love that stuff. Good luck!

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
Wow....I am really in love with this Hazelnut Tobacco! Nice warm vapor, lovely balance of the hazelnut and tobacco. Very clean flavor, good throat hit, but smoooooth. The cedar note that was really strong at first has really mellowed after only two days....still there but smoothed over and better integrated. It's quite wonderful!!

zotzer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
Virginia
I am going to add another comment here about BWB juices in general. They perform REALLY well in my Bloog Cartos. It seems like a carto lasts twice as long when it has a BWB liquid loaded into it. This even holds true for the ultra thick Malty. It was a challenge figuring out how to get it in there, but once I did....look out.

BWB vapes steady, clean, and long. When flavor finally starts dropping off and I take the end cap off, it looks like a fresh clean never-used carto....no residue. The more I vape it, the more of a fan-girl I become.

AVE liquids perform similarly, but I prefer the flavor profiles of the BWB.

I must admit, though, that my morning-coffee-vape this week has been a mix of 2/3 AVE Irish Cream + 1/3 Malty (+ a few drops 24mg unflavored pure PG). This combination alongside a steaming hot fresh cup of coffee is *perfection*. :)

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
I ordered some of the RY4 and Hazelnut recently as well. I am in love with the RY4, tastes like vaping cedar essence to me (I assure you, this is a very good thing). This one is good fresh. I've got a bottle from the last round (about a month back) and this one, they both taste about the same to me at this point.

The Hazelnut Tobacco, I can see the potential here, but this one needs to steep. A nice hazelnut undertone but things just haven't clicked on this one for me yet. I think this one will be phenomenal with two months of steep time on it.

ahardrain

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2010
NY
I am a RY4 lover for sure. I have been trying to get some from Don for over 6 months. I even got the last email it was back in stock and one minuter later it was not available again. I am not sure if I will ever get a chance to try some. Does anyone know why he is always out of it? I assume it is because one of the components for the mixture is hard to get?

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
lol hard to get components? its clever marketing.....big hoopla all over the boards when he has a small batch of ry4 available. would it be difficult to meet market demand after all this time? no...probably not. its his nich and it works well. so many people talk about the ry4 they "will have to get" once its for sale and that makes the rest of us to think its a "must have".....and while we are waiting for that very juice to appear, we buy other stuff from him because that has to be almost as good...right?

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
Pretty funny you think it's some sort of marketing scheme... you must not know Don or the BWB crew very well. He wants nothing more than for every one of his customers to have as much of their favorite juice as they wish... but thats just not the case for whatever reason.

I don't see how limiting his RY4 would make him more money... in fact, the opposite is true... if he had 20 gallons vs. 1,000 gallons available, he would sell it all regardless...

Do you think the guys at ReosMods or Ikenvape are limiting their "available supply" as well? Or do they just make really high quality stuff that people want... and, as a result, sell out quickly?

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
you have to admit it would be clever marketing. by the way, i got a nice little pm from Dkrom68 (supplier). ill go on the record to apologize. sorry i hurt your feelings.

You didn't hurt anyones feelings. What you did was take advantage of the fact that the internet gives everyone a voice. And sometimes the same venue which affords you said luxury needs to remind you that you are being a total bottle of Massengil.

The fact is, the ease of speaking your mind without repercussion takes precedence over the fact that what you say has impact. And the immediacy of said postings can often be done without thinking things through beforehand.

My feelings weren't hurt or anyone else for that matter. We just mock what needs to be mocked.

benztech83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
SC
I don't see how limiting his RY4 would make him more money... in fact, the opposite is true... if he had 20 gallons vs. 1,000 gallons available, he would sell it all regardless...

Actually I would argue to the contrary based on my personal experience. When I first went to BWBs website it was with the intention of ordering RY4 and nothing else. It was out of stock and I wanted some juice so I ordered Casablanca and Malty. It did not care of either although I found something interesting about the Malty. When RY4 came available I ordered some it and some Malty Toffee.

I ended up not liking the RY4 at all but really liking Malty Toffee. By not having it in stock Don sold 3 more bottles of juice to me... one I really really like so it worked out great. If RY4 had been in stock when I looked the first time I would of only ordered it, got it, not liked it, possibly not ordered again.

I would also say mn-puffer made his statements very accusingly but when you step back and look at what he wrote it would make sense if a savvy business person did that. Having a sought after item like that truly does create a buzz and gets people on the site looking and once they are on the site they are potential customers. This is obviously not Dons intention at all but you cant say the idea does not make any sense. It actually makes a lot of sense .

I personally feel that his juice (even though I dont care for most of it) stands up on its own with out any kind of marketing "tactics". If his juice fits your flavor profile you will love it because its quality stuff at a good price and the customer service is top notch.

Just my 2 cents.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
I personally feel that his juice (even though I dont care for most of it) stands up on its own with out any kind of marketing "tactics".

'Nuff said.

In your case, the RY4 buzz drove you to the site... and you bought some other flavors. To me, that's just a coincidence.

In my case, BWB was recommended to me by a fellow ECFer. I didnt even know about the RY4, didn't even consider it in my first few orders. I fell in love with BWB long before I tried the RY4... RY4 isn't even my favorite, although it is up there in the rankings.

Also, RY4 sells out quickly, but it isn't an unobtainable juice... I've been able to get 2 bottles in the last 2 months with very basic computer knowledge... : P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread