Buy from your local shop or go online???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started changing from smoking cigs to vaping about 3-3.5 months ago. I started with a ego starter kit from my local shop and have been using them for all of my vaping needs, exclusively. But I noticed that I could get the same products for much less online. My dilemma is that I still want to support my local shop but, I can not bring myself to outrageously over pay for the same exact product.

Not sure if anyone else has run into this situation and if so, how'd you handle it?

I understand that brick and mortar retail stores need to mark up prices but, I also want to save money. How much of a mark up is fair? 20%? 50%? Even 100%?!?!?

I pretty much buy all my juice online. I watch for sales at the B&M for most of my hardware. They help me a lot (showed me how to build a coil etc). I want them to stay in business, so that's why I buy some things from them

tobacco free since 8/03/2013

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I support my local B&M. I haven't bought on line for several months. Sure, it is cheaper to go online and order liquid after you taste it at the B&M. But when was the last time you could sample liquid while shopping online? When were you able to ask questions about flavor profiles that suited you and try them right then? When was the last time you asked your online retailer for help building a coil or why your ProTank wasn't working right?

I am willing to pay more for my supplies for the in person service and experience I get from my B&M. Also, the money spent there stays in my community. Also, being a frequent shopper has earned me a 10% discount on all liquids and the ability to special order items that others have to hope they can find. Try getting that from an online retailer. :D

ouzel

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2014
Texas
i'm really new to this so don't have much experience but i'll just add my little bit anyway.
i think i'll buy hardware online because it's much less expensive than at the local stores and there's a lot more variety - but the juices, i think i'll buy locally. because i can sample them before i buy. i thought i'd love blueberry, turns out i like blueberry slushies, not vape. plus the saleswoman at the shop i visited was very attentive, eager to answer any questions, and was very enthusiastic about vaping.
and they give out free beer and/or wine. :)
too bad i had to get back to work or i might have had a beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread