Burnt Taste with Vision Ego Clearomizer LR (stardust)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chevelle66

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento
I am experiencing the same problem. Picked on of these up from a diff. vendor, was great at first, then came the burnt taste. Kept the wick wet, but it just didnt keep up with my vaping, which to me I wouldnt think was very much. I am hoping that if I try the new ones with 4 long wicks that it will work better. I also got a mega dual coil, and the flavor seems muted and way off. Guess i am stuck with my sr boges dor my ego til I find something with as good of flavor.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
OK, I found a way to get mine to almost keep up on my riva. There is a little metal nipple right on top. Remove the silicone cap and take that nipple out. Pitch the metal and notch the silicone about 1mm where the wicks go. Fluff the ends of the wicks. Reassemble gently. If when you put the silicone cap o you see the wick move at all you've gone too far. This will cause it to flood occasionally but at least it'll keep up to 7.5watts. I wish I hadn't bought so many of these things

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
I personally hate them for exactly the same reason. I'll stick with my mini-sub with a LR Boge. After all if its not broke why mess with it, right?

I wish I had never loaded that dcc up with such a soft wintergreen flavor. I used to love them but ever since I got that filler taste I haven't been able to vape any filler carto

Jin_888

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2012
london
I had this problem too so I looked up the instructions again and it says just fill it up,so thats what I did center hole and all.Guess what it worked.Now when it gets low I turn it upside down for a minute and it works fine..It doesn't say not to fill the center hole.Just saying

You fill the hole in the top spike?

I guess that's like dripping on the atomiser but...but... don't you get liquid in your mouth when you take a draw? Have you tried loosening or taking off the mouth piece and then screwing it back on? There might be an air vacuum issue with the one you've got...

I once received an SR Stardust that was giving burnt hits and just sent it back for replacement. I reckon there's always some that are defective in any batch.

I'm currently using a LR Stardust and it's working okay but I can't really tell the difference between it and the SR version. They're both the same to me on an Ego battery...

cubfanthad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2010
Rock Island IL
I got 4 of these, bought 2 then 2 more a couple of weeks later so they are different batches... Only 1 works, does not have a burnt plastic taste. ALL of them have the stiffest draw I have ever encountered. The one that works still works. The others just taste toxic. I love the whole set up but the draw and the burnt taste will keep me from getting more. I hope they fix them.

fiftydollarburrito

Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Baltimore, MD
After a few weeks with these things I have discovered the following:

- The first one I tried seems to only have a burnt taste now. It is dead to me.
- The other three that I have tried (between my wife and I) seem to be working just fine and still are.
- They seem to work best when constantly tilted slightly up. It doesn't take much
- They take about 1 fill or so before the flavor really starts to come out. After that they are pretty good.
- So far, they are the easiest things to fill and use. Pretty brainless. Just remember to tilt them up.

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
Hello all,

I have read thru numerous threads on the Visions / Stardusts and its interesting to see and hear the various results. Im pretty new to vaping, 3 months. I started on 510's and attys but needed something I could fill and be done with it for the day as I drive alot. Dripping wasnt an option. So I got a Riva 1100 mah kit from Nhaler with a pack of the Vision Clearomizers 2.4 - 2.6 Ohms. After having tried several other cartos and a 3.5 ml DCC tank that refused to wick juice I was pumped when i filled the Vision and had my first REAL vape experience. Im guessing there is something better out there perhaps. I havent tried other style of carts such as the resurrectors. So I can only compare these Visions to a few diff things.

I love these damn things ! I have been thru 10 of them and not once did I get a lousy dry hit. Well, until I slapped one on my new Lavatube that i got yesterday and cranked it up too high... but hey, to be expected. I grabbed a VV ego too and these visions hit very nice on the 4.2v setting. However they are too " airy" on the lavatube. It sits perfectly on a Riva batt which makes the draw perfect in my book.

I rewicked two of these one night using wick and coil material from a 510 DCC 1.5 clearo that I had laying around. I decided to sacrifice the 510 CE2 to bring the visions back to life after vaping them nonstop for over a week. On one I snipped the wicks to match the original design, On the other I let them hang down into the tank it worked pretty well to keep the wick wet at the coil. I still found myself tiltiing . More of habit by that time. But it did work.

I havent tried the LR version of these yet but just ordered some hoping its even better. Are the 4 long wick versions of these available yet ??? I saw a chinese link for them but havenet seen them for sale anywhere yet.

Anyone seen them ??

wbenjamin2000

Jun 9, 2011
Des Moines
Here is alink to the latest version of these that I know of. If anyone knows more Im all ears !!!

Vision Ego clearomizers V3, China Vision Ego clearomizers V3 Manufacturers, Vision Newest Suppliers - Vision High Technology

I've been doing a lot of research the last few days on the clearomizers. I've been using DCC's, but I go through an insane amount of them. After one day of use, the filler loses it's ability to absorb liquid and they turn a dark brown color that I hate. (And this is only at 3.7 volts on a KGO).

Discount Vaper claims to have the newest version available:

Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition

Also, Smoktek may be a good site for these. Here are some clearomizers that piqued my interest, because they are very low resistance. Although it says they are v2 version, these appear to have 4 wicks:

Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 1.8-2.0 ohm

MDO1265

ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2012
NJ
I've been doing a lot of research the last few days on the clearomizers. I've been using DCC's, but I go through an insane amount of them. After one day of use, the filler loses it's ability to absorb liquid and they turn a dark brown color that I hate. (And this is only at 3.7 volts on a KGO).

Discount Vaper claims to have the newest version available:

Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition

Also, Smoktek may be a good site for these. Here are some clearomizers that piqued my interest, because they are very low resistance. Although it says they are v2 version, these appear to have 4 wicks:

Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 1.8-2.0 ohm

Nice work Benjamin ! That would be them ! Gonna have to try a few of these in both resistences.

Thanks !

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Just a side note here, FWIW:

I've been using Visions since they first came out exclusively. IMHO, there is nothing better out there, if you are not into high power vaping.

They are a tad quirky. They don't like voltage much higher than a standard eGo will deliver. You have to play with the tilt as you go - increase it steadily as the tank empties, and the last quarter tank or so I vape horizontally, like a cigarette. If the wicks are not touching the liquid, you have to dip them once in a while. There is no need to turn it upside down - just dip the wicks. You don't want to tip at all though if you fill it to the top - it will most likely flood and you'll have to blow it out.

Given the above, I've been using 100% VG, including Boba's, with no dry hits, and vaping it down pretty much, if not to the bottom, then close to it. And I chain vape to boot. Fast.

If the taste if low, or bad, check the resistance. I buy SR (LR or HR are a waste of money for me).

Arthure

Verified Member
Mar 29, 2012
Surprise, AZ
I am three for three working great and they last and last. Had a burnt taste one one after many tanks of Smooth 8. Tok it apart cleaned and dry burned it works like a champ. Wick is white again with full coil burn.

One started with a really bad chemical taste that faded after a tank.
The second one was ok on Smooth 8 and the third was sweet from the get go. Even gave the first one to my sister who is still vaping it now.
Arthur

Nadine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2012
The burnt taste is most likely coming from the silicon cap beneath (and making contact with) the coil assembly.

Vape On!

Hi Startle,
Can you explain in greater detail please? Where is the silicon cap?

I just got my first vision ego clearomizer (yellow) 2.1-2.4ohm from madvapes.com. I filled it with their spearmint flavor juice. I'm getting tons of vapor but it tastes awful. Like burned plastic. I'm vaping with an egoT battery. 3.7v

I've read through several different threads and don't know how to salvage this one. Some say it gets better after the first tank full. I'm ready to pour this out and start over! I'm still new to all this so easily confused...

Thanks for any advice you may have.
Anyone else find an easy solution?
TIA!
-update:
I poured the juice out of one clearomizer into another. Topped it off and tasted the new one. No good. Tasted burnt as well. Then I rinsed the first one out and did a dry burn. Filled it with Pink Spot honey cured tobacco ejuice and it now tastes much better! Not sure if the spearmint I originally tried needed to sit a while before vaping. I hear some flavors are best if left to cure a few days. In any case, I think I can manage for now. Trial and error!

Good night my new friends!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread