• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Brick and Mortar stores near Ft Lauderdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yelsew Skraps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2012
Texas Panhandle
I did a search, well several searches, using several different methods and tools and can not narrow down if there are any brick and mortar vaping stores near Ft Lauderdale. Can any of you local guys tell me if you know of any? I have visited shops in MN, and CO and will be in Ft Lauderdale next month and want to hit any that may be in the general vicinity, even Miami would be ok too. So if you have any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

Warningsigns

May 2, 2012
Florida
Vaporshark has several stores in the Miami area. I have not been to any, but there is one on Bird Road - SW 40th Street half a block east of 67 th Avenue.

Thanks for the heads up on this! I'm always in that area so I'm going to stop by next time I'm down there. I will post my thoughts on this thread after.

zachofalltrades

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2012
South Florida
New to this, but I caught a thread in another section and got some information. Most of the listings in the area are for seedy-seeming multi-website corporate offices, but there's hope! The Vapin' Place is open on SR 84 between Pine Island and University (next to some hair salon/school/something, I believe). Their website is 'Coming Soon', but they do have a facebook with a small amount of all positive feedback. I am getting my first equipment in the mail, I hope tomorrow. Once I get settled in with it and/or if I need some assistance, I plan on stopping by to check them out. I'll let people know what I find afterwards.

Also, I was thinking of asking Diefleu on here...who appears to be the owner/operator of DarthVapers.com.....if he does any local business, since his website indicates an address in Coral Springs. Info on his website or here on his Supplier ECF forum mentioned that his internet business sprung from face-to-face dealings, but I don't know if he actually has a retail space or even sales offline anymore.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good to know, thanks for the info:)

New to this, but I caught a thread in another section and got some information. Most of the listings in the area are for seedy-seeming multi-website corporate offices, but there's hope! The Vapin' Place is open on SR 84 between Pine Island and University (next to some hair salon/school/something, I believe). Their website is 'Coming Soon', but they do have a facebook with a small amount of all positive feedback. I am getting my first equipment in the mail, I hope tomorrow. Once I get settled in with it and/or if I need some assistance, I plan on stopping by to check them out. I'll let people know what I find afterwards.

Also, I was thinking of asking Diefleu on here...who appears to be the owner/operator of DarthVapers.com.....if he does any local business, since his website indicates an address in Coral Springs. Info on his website or here on his Supplier ECF forum mentioned that his internet business sprung from face-to-face dealings, but I don't know if he actually has a retail space or even sales offline anymore.

zachofalltrades

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2012
South Florida
Went to The Vapin' Place today and was helped out by Paul. I was looking for a drip tip for my 1.7 306 atty, but ended up getting an LR 510 atty that I already have drip tips for, as the store is largely 510/eGo-centric. Paul wasn't able to tell me the specific resistance of the atty (and I'm too new to have a feel for it), but he was very nice and informative concerning a lot of the other equipment available. They have, as mentioned, a range of 510s and eGo setups, as well as attys/cartos/clearos/eGo-t tanks. I know I saw Boges in 2.0 and 3.0, and I think they had CE2s, CE3s, and CE4s.

They have a pretty decent assortment of e-juice also, of course. Their list includes 59 flavors in the categories Tobacco (15, menthol included), Fruit (12), Dessert/Candy (12), Beverage (8), Liquer (7), Mint (5). They have most available in 0, 6, 12, 18, and 24 mg strengths. I'm assuming that the missing ones I noticed are just momentarily out of stock, but I may be wrong. I picked up some Butterscotch, Pina Colada, and Pineapple Coconut Rum. Nothing against the other two, but the Pina Colada is amazing!

I'm new to vaping today, so I was a little overwhelmed seeing everything in person, and I definitely may have missed quite a few things. I haven't mentioned any pricing because this is the only B&M I've been able to visit and I know online prices are an unfair comparison. Obviously, things cost a bit more than online, but I found many items, particularly the e-juice when purchasing 3 or more, to be priced very reasonably compared to what I've found online. If you're close at all, I'd recommend stopping by to check them out.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's good to know that, if I am ever in a pinch, I can take a drive and replenish. Although, it is still a little far away from West Palm / Royal Palm.

Went to The Vapin' Place today and was helped out by Paul. I was looking for a drip tip for my 1.7 306 atty, but ended up getting an LR 510 atty that I already have drip tips for, as the store is largely 510/eGo-centric. Paul wasn't able to tell me the specific resistance of the atty (and I'm too new to have a feel for it), but he was very nice and informative concerning a lot of the other equipment available. They have, as mentioned, a range of 510s and eGo setups, as well as attys/cartos/clearos/eGo-t tanks. I know I saw Boges in 2.0 and 3.0, and I think they had CE2s, CE3s, and CE4s.

They have a pretty decent assortment of e-juice also, of course. Their list includes 59 flavors in the categories Tobacco (15, menthol included), Fruit (12), Dessert/Candy (12), Beverage (8), Liquer (7), Mint (5). They have most available in 0, 6, 12, 18, and 24 mg strengths. I'm assuming that the missing ones I noticed are just momentarily out of stock, but I may be wrong. I picked up some Butterscotch, Pina Colada, and Pineapple Coconut Rum. Nothing against the other two, but the Pina Colada is amazing!

I'm new to vaping today, so I was a little overwhelmed seeing everything in person, and I definitely may have missed quite a few things. I haven't mentioned any pricing because this is the only B&M I've been able to visit and I know online prices are an unfair comparison. Obviously, things cost a bit more than online, but I found many items, particularly the e-juice when purchasing 3 or more, to be priced very reasonably compared to what I've found online. If you're close at all, I'd recommend stopping by to check them out.

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Yes, I concur on Vaporshark in Miami. I bought my first starter kit there this past Saturday and another carto on Tuesday. Great people there. The guy working both times I went in was Oscar. Really nice guy and very helpful and knowledgeable.

I think the best part is you can sample their juice. That is a plus for me being very new to all of this.

-Jason

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL

Yes, I concur on Vaporshark in Miami. I bought my first starter kit there this past Saturday and another carto on Tuesday. Great people there. The guy working both times I went in was Oscar. Really nice guy and very helpful and knowledgeable.

I think the best part is you can sample their juice. That is a plus for me being very new to all of this.

-Jason

I consider the smaller price increase buying at B&M to be a convenience tax :) I don't have to wait and stalk the mailman as much if I can just drive over to my store and get what I need. Also was handy when my battery flaked out on me. Was able to go in person and walked right out the door with a new one.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Definitely jealous that you guys have a great vendor near you. I don't have anything close by to me in Palm Beach County. The closest to an e-cig I found was in a headshop and they were way over priced and knew nothing about their product. Plus, they only had prefilled cartos that I would never buy. I will check out Vaporshark next time I am down in the Miami/Dade area.

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Definitely jealous that you guys have a great vendor near you. I don't have anything close by to me in Palm Beach County. The closest to an e-cig I found was in a headshop and they were way over priced and knew nothing about their product. Plus, they only had prefilled cartos that I would never buy. I will check out Vaporshark next time I am down in the Miami/Dade area.

Near is relative. esmokeronline's store is in Orlando proper. I live in 4 Corners. Takes me about 40m to get there if I-4 is being cooperative. Still close enough for my needs.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.

I've been to the vapin place. The wife is much more knowledgable but both are very nice. Their juice is a little high compared to Internet, but not bad considering b&m. The price of clearomizers and cartomizers seems very high and not worth it unless you are in a pinch. The ego vision was $16 for 1 and I only pay $5 online. I guess if you need one right away, at least it's there. Personally, I am well stocked up, but I may go there from time to time for something like a drip atty.

I would like a lounge type place where we could go, sit, relax and vape and buy stuff. Just like a smoke shop or baseball card store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread