hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello everyone! I’m glad to be back with another review for Dovpo/BP Mods. This time I was sent a few different things but am going to start with the BP Mods TMD Dot Tank. This was sent to me by Dovpo in order to provide you with a fair and honest review. I personally have learned a lot lately about the difference between Dot and Boro tanks and what devices they fit in. I had only used Boro tanks in the past but had just recently bought the SXmini Vi mod that uses the Dot style tanks. They are smaller than the Boro type tanks so are not interchangeable. Luckily I had just gotten the new mod days before receiving this tank for review. The TMD Dot Tank is a pre-built coil tank and comes with two coils. In order to use it in the Vi mod you have to purchase a separate adapter which I just so happened to buy with the mod. The tank has a liquid capacity of 2.6ml and is made of PCTG. Besides the two included coils, it is also compatible with the PNP and GTX series coils from Voopoo and Vaporesso. I’m honestly a little surprised that they advertise this but am glad that they do. To me it shows that they believe in their products and aren’t afraid to let you know everything that they do about the tank.

XAVbjFV.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1* BP MODS TMD Dot Tank
    1* BP MODS TMD Pro Coil 1.05Ω
    1* BP MODS TMD Pro Coil 0.55Ω
    1* Accessories Pack
    2* User Manual

hKl5fkr.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Material: PCTG

Capacity: 5ml

Fit For: DotMod AIO

TMD Pre-build 0.55Ω (RDL)/1.05Ω (MTL) Coil

TMD Mesh 0.3Ω (DL)/0.8Ω (MTL) Coil

PnP VM/TM/TR/RBA

GTX below 0.6Ω Coil/RBA Coil

hikn6Wt.jpg

FEATURES:

1. Tightness somatosensory airflow, easy to adjust

2. Anti-condensate cotton piece, washable and reusable

3. Compatible with DotMod AIO and TMD Pro/Mesh Coil

4. Fit for PnP VM/TM/TR/RBA Coil and GTX below 0.6Ω Coil/RBA Coil

5. Supports RDL/MTL/DL vaping

pI5WT4V.jpg

ggDhcQg.jpg

NW6VRWO.jpg

0JLhPts.jpg

MJwGIW2.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Dot tank is nice. It’s the usual orange box with a black sleeve that slides over with the product name that BP Mods uses frequently. The back side of the sleeve has the package contents list, authenticity code, a sketch of the tank, and company information.

1671292011832.png

1671292029252.png

Once the sleeve and box top are removed then you are greeted by the Dot Tank sitting in a foam insert with the user manual and information card sitting on top. The tank is in a nice foam insert instead of a cheap plastic one like I see a lot of samples arrive in. To the side is an accessory box which contains a bag of spare seals for the tank only since the coils are also in foil packs in the foam insert below the tank.

1671292070919.png

I’m hoping to make this pretty short since this is a pre-built coil tank and there is no building involved. The face of the tank has the usual rubber plug that you lift for filling the tank. I like to put just a little liquid in the tank before inserting it into the device being used to make sure the coil is good and I have a good connection. The TMD Dot Tank name is printed on the bottom and you can see the long slotted airflow control ring. You want to make sure this is facing out when you insert the tank into the mod so you can adjust the airflow once the tank is installed.

1671292102862.png

To insert the coil, you simply pull off the bottom of the tank that has the airflow control attached. The coils are a push in style so once you make sure the coil is seated then replace the bottom of the tank and insert it into your Dot device. This tank does not fit in Boro style devices.

1671292143368.png

The coils included with the Dot tank are the TMD .55 ohm coil rated for 28-35 watts and the TMD 1.05 ohm coil rated for 10-13.5 watts. The choice of a 1.05 ohm coil seems odd but that’s what it is. In the third and fourth pictures below you can see the size of the openings on the top of the coils which directly affects how much airflow is available even when the airflow control ring is wide open. The smaller opening in the 1.05 ohm coil greatly reduces the airflow resulting in an MTL vape that can be about as tight as you want it.

1671292186868.png

1671292217027.png

1671292241970.png

1671292269173.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I am very glad to have had a chance to try the BP Mods TMD Dot Tank. I just recently got my first Dot style mod and was thinking about buying this tank anyway. Besides it being able to take the TMD coils, it also can use GTX and PNP coils which is a definitely plus for me since I have pretty good stockpiles of both of those types of coils. There are some restrictions on the coils that are compatible though. The Voopoo R/M coils and GTX coils above .6 ohm will not work. The reason the GTX coils won’t work is that the size of the end of the coils is smaller on the higher resistance coils.

Since the only device I had to test these in is the SX Mini Vi class mod then that is what I used. A word of warning to others. If you are using this tank in the Vi then you will have to buy the adapter separate to allow this mod to use the Dot style tanks since they are shorter than the stock tank that comes with the mod.

I first decided to try the .55 ohm coil in the tank. Just a reminder, always prime your coils before inserting them into the tank. I found this coil to provide very good flavor and vapor production while running wattage at 32 watts and the airflow was about ¾ open. I have no complaints on this coil.

Next I decided to test out the 1.05 ohm coil. To be honest, I was less than excited about testing this higher ohm coil that is limited to a maximum of 13.5 watts. It’s just not a range that I normally operate in. Just like with the .55 coil, I used my RY4 Cream recipe to try to get a feel for the flavor production. I made a stupid mistake and fired the coil without turning my wattage down from where I was running the .55 coil and instantly burned it. Luckily Dovpo was nice enough to send extra coils so I removed the tank, cleaned it, and inserted a new 1.05 ohm coil. I started out at 10 watts and quickly worked my way up to 11 and then to the maximum 13.5 watts. The flavor is decent and vapor production was greatly reduced. Even with the airflow wide open it’s just a slightly loose MTL. It’s not bad but just not a good fit for my vaping style.

I’d like to thank Dovpo and Dorothy for sending the BP Mods TMD Dot Tank for this review. I have enjoyed testing it. Thanks also to the readers for making this possible. Below is a link to the Dovpo site where you can find the BP Mods products as well as the Dovpo products.

TMD Pre-build Coil Dot Tank – DOVPO Official
    1671292303698.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Great review mate.
    It's a nice looking atty, I've read that two of the TMD coils are supposed to be ceramic, but I don't know which one.
    Thanks! I’m not sure. If you look at the picture of the 1.05 coil then it’s got a white ring blocking most of the airflow so couldn’t see the coil inside.

Reactions: Tor R

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Thanks! I’m not sure. If you look at the picture of the 1.05 coil then it’s got a white ring blocking most of the airflow so couldn’t see the coil inside.
    As far as I have read, the 1.05 should have ceramics, I thought there were two in the series that had ceramics but I am not sure.

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread