BP MODS Labs RTA By Sourcemore Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the BP mods Labs rta sent to me for this test by sourcemore. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Tank capacity 2.7ml
    • 2. Easy top fill system
    • 3. Diameter 22mm
    • 4. Easy to rebuild
    • 5. Checking the e-liquid inflow
    • 6. Typical Italian taste
    • 7. Able to take MTL vaping to a professional level
    • 8. Adopt plug-in link structure
    • 9. 4 different bells for flavor adjustment
    • 10. More airflow pins for your favorite draw

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Packaging:
    BP Mods uses the orange color for its cardboard packaging with a sleeve on the outside of the box. On the sleeve you can see; the name of the RTA, the words "LABS Above Any Idea", and an image of the Colosseum in the background. The back of the box reads; The writing LABS of which each letter represents the initials of the names of the 4 developers of this project, the packing list, the main features, company information and a drawing with the color indications of the tank inside. On the remaining sides of the box are; the Labs brand and logo, the scratch&check, and a "designed in Italy" writing with the Italian tricolor flag. When you remove the outer cover and open the box, you will find the RTA tank, the three aromatic bells, and the box of the numerous spare parts in an orderly and close-up view.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-3.jpg

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-4.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Packing List:
    • 1BP MODS Labs MTL RTA
    • 6 Airflow pins (0.8/1.0/1.1/1.2/1.5/0.8mmx2)
    • 4 Aromatic Bells
    • 2 spare screws (M2x3PH0 + 2 spare screws M2x3SL3)
    • 1 Tool for replacing aroma bells and for replacing airflow pins
    • 1 Coil BP MODS Single #1 (Ni70 26Ga, 0,7Ω)
    • 1 BP MODS Clapton Coil #1 (A1 30Ga*2+Ni80 40Ga, 0.85Ω)
    • 1 BP MODS Clapton Coil #2 (A1 28Ga*2+Ni80 40Ga, 0.55Ω)
    • 2 Orings VMQ 3 * 0.5mm (airflow pin)
    • 2 Orings VMQ 7 * 1mm (aromatic bell)
    • 2 Orings VMQ 9 * 1mm (drip tip)
    • 4 Orings VMQ 9.5 * 1mm (e-liquid control)
    • 2 Orings VMQ 10.5 * 1mm (top cap)
    • 2 Orings VMQ 20 * 1mm (bell/aroma tank)
    • 2 Orings VMQ 20.5 * 1mm (top cap)
    • 4 FMK green Orings 20 * 1,2mm (deck)

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-5.jpg

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-6.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Specifications:
    • Brand: BP MOD
    • Product Name: Labs RTA
    • Dimensions: 38.6×22mm (excluding drip tip and 510 threaded stud)
    • Tank capacity: 2.7ml
    • Filling: superior
    • Airflow pins: (0.8/1.0/1.1/1.2/1.5/0.8mmx2)
    • Supports MTL extractions
    • Available colors: PS, DLC

At the moment there seem to be two colors of choice; SS and DLC. In this case the DLC variant would be "Gunmetal".

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-7.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; First Impressions:
    This Tank has been described as "Soviet looking", I personally don't know what a "Soviet" looks like, but I find this cute and quite unusual. It immediately appears robust with its 60 grams of weight and is well finished. The raised position of the PCTG tank would suggest an RDTA vaporizer, but we will later explain the technical aspects that are related to this unusual form factor. The diameter of 22mm and the height of 51.7mm (Drip Tip Included) is not exactly a low height. These dimensions make me think of an ideal placement on small SBS Mods with a not too raised 510 thread. In the mod below the 510 thread plane is placed rather high, in my opinion the aesthetic result is still good but can be improved.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-8.jpg

In the previous paragraphs you could read the long description of the packing list and how this tank has an incredibly rich endowment of spare parts. The image below shows the completely disassembled tank immediately after washing. I must say that before washing the product did not have any strange smells or traces of machine tool oil, in fact it looked as if it was already washed and ready for use.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-9.jpg

I received the "Gunmetal" DLC version for this test. On the bottom you can see the number SN5976, the wording "Designed in Italy", the LABS mark, the BP Mods mark and the 510 thread with adjustable pin.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-10.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Refil:
    At the top we find a Drip Tip for MTL in plastic material which is equipped with two o'rings and is quite precise as a coupling with the top cap. The Top Cap bears the inscription "Omnibus Sol Lucet"; for filling it is necessary to get into the habit of unscrewing the cap clockwise. There are no filling holes or slots, so you can pour approximately 2.7ml of eliquid directly into the PCTG tank. By looking through the PCTG tank, you can check the e-liquid level. Unfortunately I must add that unscrewing the PCTG tank for washing was not a simple undertaking, it was tightened to death and I had to use latex gloves to separate it from the rest of the atomizer.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-11.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; E-liquid adjustment:
    In the BP MODS Labs RTA the liquid remains in an elevated and separate position with respect to the underlying coil. On the bottom of the PCTG tank there are two holes with integrated straws which have an internal diameter of 1.4mm each and which by means of the force of gravity make the eliquid fall down towards the cotton of the coil. Having the ability to adjust the flow of liquid in an RTA atomizer is really an option that I really like, because this allows you to set the vaporization by enriching or thinning it according to your needs, moreover this also allows you to completely stop the flow of e -liquid to the coil when not using the vaporizer. In this way the liquid separated from the coil remains fresh and less polluted. The e-liquid regulation system includes a removable chimney, at the top the chimney has an interlocking system and connection with the top cap, while at the bottom there is a butterfly valve to close or open the liquid passage holes . Rotating the top cap clockwise allows you to progressively or completely close the passage of liquid towards the coil but also to remove the top cap when you want to fill. Rotating the top cap counterclockwise allows you to partialize or fully open the flow of e-liquid towards the coil in an equally simple and comfortable way.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-12.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Aroma bells:
    The presence of 4 aromatic bells equipped with a different dome profile for each of them, should allow the user to be able to select their favorite vape option based on the type of liquid used, this is a really good idea to get a optimal setting. In the Kit we find a tool that allows us to replace the aromatic bell which is mounted inside the pressure tank. Each bell has two holes and the e-liquid transport straws must be inserted into these two holes present on all 4 aroma bells. So after extracting the deck you can replace the aromatic bell with another one, the bell will come out simply by inserting the tool from above and putting a little pressure on it.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-13.jpg

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-14.jpg

The table below should help you select the desired and most suitable bell based on the type of e-liquid you intend to vape.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-15.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Deck:
    The Deck in this BP MODS Labs RTA is pressure inserted and has two grooves which during assembly must be placed in correspondence with the special protrusions obtained on the body of the atomizer, in this way you can tighten or unscrew the Labs on the MOD without the bottom base rotates freely. So to separate the Deck from the vaporizer you need to pull and not unscrew. Unfortunately I have to report a problem once again, in fact this operation of separating the two parts was a real ordeal and I had to use latex gloves again to apply more traction energy. On the perimeter of the deck there are two large green o'rings for sealing that generate too much friction, I advise you to keep them lubricated if you don't want to go crazy every time you want to remove the deck.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-16.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Deck: External Airflows:
    The three slots have a size of 5x1mm each, the slots are of the fixed type and not adjustable. Evidently BP Mods felt that an adjustable AFC system was unnecessary for this atomizer.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-17.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Air pins:
    The presence of as many as 6 airflow pins (0.8/1.0/1.1/1.2/1.5/0.8mmx2) is perhaps the reason why the apply an external air flow regulation system. Judging by the small size of the holes of each airpin (from the smallest to the largest) they all seem specially made for MTL use. To remove or install a new airpin you can use the same tool you used for removing the aroma bells. The airpin replacement operation must be done after removing the coil or before installing the coil, unfortunately this is an operation that is a bit uncomfortable since there are technical solutions that allow you to replace the airpins without having to remove and rebuild a coil.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-18.jpg

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-19.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Build Deck:

After inserting your preferred airpin, you can start installing the coil on the deck. The slotted screws for tightening are large and comfortable, and the presence of double side plates makes it easy to insert and lock the wire. After inserting the right amount of cotton into the coil, you can adjust with the outer edge of the deck to cut the ends of the cotton to the right size. So after thinning out the cotton whiskers you can easily insert the ends into the wells. I deliberately kept the shoulders of the cotton high to bring them closer to the straws that carry the liquid towards them.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-20.jpg

► BP MODS Labs RTA; Vaping test:
    Many users of various social groups and vape forums have purchased and tried BP MODS Labs RTA, many have expressed themselves publicly, positively or negatively, about its potential in combination with tobacco e-liquids. You can therefore find numerous opinions and compare yourself with these people. Sorry to disappoint you but I will not be testing the BP MODS Labs RTA with tobacco liquids. By doing this, I hope to bring to the reader's attention a different point of view on this Tank... After the initial bewilderment for the incredible multitude of spare parts included in the package, I began to wonder what was the point of having inserted in the packing-list of a vaporization kit specifically designed to be used in restricted MTL (with low power) as many as 3 coils all largely sub-ohm!? This strange presence of sub-ohm coils intrigued me. I thought that this Tank could really be suitable for my vaping style and for my needs, which are very different needs than those of any purist of the suffocated MTL vape, who mainly uses tobacco e-liquids of various kinds by means of low power coils. My preferences derive from when I definitively stopped smoking, since that day I have never thought nostalgically about tobacco and cigarettes, it therefore came completely natural for me to make a complete change in my life by orienting myself towards completely different flavours, preferring to use with pleasure, and without any difficulty airy MTL vaporizers, but also systems for RDL and DL. So for this test I took the Crispy Puft diluted 10% in a 50/50 VG/PG base with 3mg/ml of boost and immediately started with the 0.55Ω Clapton Coil. I have inserted the "Dessert aromatic bell" and 1.5mm air pin. I sincerely believe that no one will ever be able to use the 0.55Ω Clapton Coil in this Tank with satisfaction, especially with tobacco e-liquids which notoriously need relatively low potencies to be enjoyed at their best! With my creamy e-liquid, not even I was able to appreciate this coil that really heats up the tank, making it soon become a small oven. The drip tip looks like a lit match between the lips and this after a few puffs! However the flavor at 24w was really good but I had to give up by lowering the wattage to 20w. Unfortunately, things haven't improved much; the heat remains quite annoying, also losing slightly in the quality of the flavor. Then I alternated the 2x0.8mm airpin and the other "Fruit & Dessert" bell with the remaining two coils. Personally I found the best balance with the 0.7Ω single wire coil, the hit is smooth and the heat is bearable even at 18/19W, my e-liquid has a good flavor and the aroma remains constant even after refilled the tank another 3/4 times. I constantly use the liquid-setting open at 100% because I like moist vapor, in this way I have also noticed that the flavor remains more concentrated and stable. I quickly got used to the lack of a Ring AFC because with this configuration I truly believe I have found my ideal solution without the need to intervene further on the setting. Returning to the pre-assembled coils that you will find in the box, I believe that less experienced users who use low wattage tobaccos will not be happy with these 3 options, completely wrong in my opinion. More experienced MTL users will instead be forced to roll a new coil with thinner wire. To conclude, I promise you that BP MODS Labs RTA will be the first of the vaporizers I will use when my desire for MTL awakens. For my type of use, BP MODS Labs RTA has fully satisfied me.

• If you want to buy BP MODS Labs RTA at the affordable price of $52.19, the @Sourcemore online shop provides you with the BMLR Code:

• Thanks for reading.

BP-MODS-Labs-RTA-21.jpg

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread