Boge Leo Passthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

motomushu

Sep 30, 2010
Arkansas
Hi all! I've been vaping for about 3 months now, and I LOVE it. I started with a basic 510 kit, and I've tried attys with carts, cartomizers, mega cartomizers, and dripping with a drip tip. I even learned how to make my own juice (thanks Pegasus7!) and I now make juice that's so good I'm selling it to people.

On to my question - I just recently purchased a Boge Leo kit from MadVapes (which is an AWESOME site for kits/accessories). I need a few more days with it before I know whether or not I really like it, but so far so good. I'll post a full review in a few days. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Boge makes a passthrough version of the battery - it seems like it should already be a passthrough, because you charge it from the end opposite the atty, but I just plugged it in to charge and it is not giving me any vapor.

Also, I've read that they now offer protected batteries for the Leo. I'm not sure if that's really necessary, because the atty seems to be made in such a way that it would never leak, but I was just wondering.

Thanks all, and happy vaping!!

motomushu

Sep 30, 2010
Arkansas
Thanks for your quick reply, 4door1.8t! Nice to know someone gives a crap. Anyway, I went to awesomevapor.com, and saw their Boge Leo Battery, but it didn't specify that it would function as a passthrough. So, I sent them an email asking about this, and here's the response I got:

"Hello, We recently inquired from the manufacturer on this issue and we were told that it is not recommended to use as a passthru as it is not designed as such. We are sorry. Thank you! Sue"

So, I pose this question again, but more specific this time: Does anyone know of a supplier who sells a Boge Leo battery that will function as a passthrough?

Thanks!

motomushu

Sep 30, 2010
Arkansas
No apology necessary - I appreciate your response. JD1 - that would be a good idea, but the Leo is brand new and completely proprietary (unfortunately). Nothing is compatible with it, and I've looked but have not found any adapters. I really like it, and think it will catch on because it's an all-day machine and the atty is AWESOME, so maybe after some time manufacturers will make components that become interchangable with other "pen-style" mega PV's.

Thanks guys!

I know the recent kits are "protected" batteries and original kits were not, (bummer) I bought a Leo from awesome vapors simply because of the protected batteries, (thats right) for $49 I got 2 batteries and an AC adapter. I love mad vapes they have always been good to me but a deal is a deal

and no even tho they look as if they should work as a pass thru, mine doesn't

webbcm127

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2010
wenatchee WA
i won a leo early this week from vapor junction and am waiting on the confermation from dexter as to weather or not there PT ready(the one he gave to me) however the mad vaper (supplier) told me that he has a shipment coming in soon that has the PT bats so that would be a for sure thing his site it themadvaper[dot}com.
send him an email and he'll let ya know if hes got em in or not yet and all that good stuff

Mike A.

Jan 3, 2011
VA
Also, I've read that they now offer protected batteries for the Leo. I'm not sure if that's really necessary, because the atty seems to be made in such a way that it would never leak, but I was just wondering.

Note that protected batteries and sealed batteries are not the same. Protected batteries have a circuit in the battery to prevent (or at least minmize) the chance of some dangers associated with lithium ion batteries. Sealed batteries are where the battery compartment is sealed against intrusion of the liquid. All of the lithium ion batteries should be protected. I don't think that the early Leo batteries were sealed but the new are.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
I am watching these posts with earnest. I think the Leo is beautiful. I use an ego tank now, I have black as well as pink, but they still feel bulky and yes being a girl I like the pretty ones, but I'm also a very heavy vapor and want something that will take my abuse.

really? I'm pretty sure they are all passthru now. You can get them at vapelite.com or white stag vapor, among other places. There are good deals in the classies too. An acquaintance of mine had one on there this whole last week that didnt sell. I'll pm them if you're interested. ALso may want to check out the leo sub-forum: The Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread