dripping and re filling the Boge LEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedSeve

Nov 22, 2010
Des Moines, Wa
just got my leo, and I love it so far, kinda noticed a get a dry vapor every now and then, not sure if it's the primer or I'm using it to much but anyway.

I found a website that sells a blue foam fill to replace the standard polyfill, and I'm wondering about how I refill these cartridges as I'm used to a micro.

do I need to take the fill out and then drip into the base of the cartridge? or do I just drip straight into the filler and then how do I know when it's full?

also I thought I wouldnt need to do this with the leo but I'm still dripping straight into the atomizers every once and a while, like 2-4 drips, not sure if this is too much or not even enough, I've heard the leos leak easily but the battery seems to have a rubber ring around it to protec it and I haven;t seen any juice in the base of the atomizer either. so is it as safe to drip with my leo as my micro? and how much would you recommend?

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
Much information is available here:
The Leo
You wont be able to post there until you get 5 posts in here and then wait an hour, but you can read all you want.

To sum up the info there: You can replace the polyfill with blue foam, you can try the BFD mod, you can try the Highping Cart Mod (get rid of half the poly and make a plug with the rest), or you can adjust your juice to the properties of the cartridge (get thinner juice).

Dripping works for some people on the Leo (I'm not very good at it).

I'd recommend getting some of the new Leo Cartomizers available from most places Leos are sold (white stag vaper, elite vaporworks, etc). ALL cartridge systems are a bit of a pain if you don't have the perfect juice viscosity.

Congrats on getting a Leo! I think it has the best flavor for a standard voltage battery, and a low failure rate for the parts.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
oh -- there's no need to take the filler out to refill, but if you want to change flavors then I'd take it out. Run it under some hot water, squeeze dry in a paper towel, and feed back into the cartridge. It will work as good as new. A little plastic plug comes off with the poly when you take it out. You can either put it back in or remove it... doesn't matter.
If you are just refilling with the same flavor: hold the cartridge at an angle and drip into it until it's full, dab the end with a paper towel, and reinsert.

Hope this helps.

RedSeve

Nov 22, 2010
Des Moines, Wa
I'm super happy so far as well, but I'm only at 2 days, planning on getting an extra atty soon, as I;ve heard the atomizers burn out quickly.

thanks for the advice, I'm new to the forums and have hard a hard time finding the forums specifically devoted to individual e cigs, except just by google searching boge leo and running into a random thread. so thanks for the link

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
the "blue foam" wicks better than the standard filler (almost all users of blue foam says that) and even if you leave the filler flush with the cat,it will get pushed back a little bit once it hits the atty. the blue foam needs to hit the aty to be able to create the flow of the juice to the atty and that way atomize the liquid. i am not a dripper so i dont know how many drips are too much, others will chime in on that im sure :) good luck!

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
also how much is good for dripping? I usually do 2-4 like I said and notice the flavor is great after the next 3 hits then it goes away slightly, should I drip more?

There's a lot a variance in dripping, but many people get 5 or 6 drops at a time in the Leo's large atty. As far as the blue foam: When I tried it (I found it flavored the vapor too much -- others detect no flavor) I would make a plug somewhat bigger then the opening of the cart and squeeze it in. Many people cut it into a T shape with the top of the T at the end of the cart that hits the atty. This allows for more juice under the top of the T. The top should be bigger then the opening so you squeeze it in.

The amount of filler will always vary with the viscosity of the juice. You will have to patiently use trial and error with you favorite juices. Too little filler and it will leak, too much and it will hit dry.

I used the HighPing cart mod:http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cartridge-mods/79418-highping-cart-mod-simple-gets.html with some success. It would work for a full day before I had to redo it.

Re atomizer burnout: This does happen sometimes. Check with your vendor about warranties as boge has a three month warranty on attys and batteries that most, but not all, vendors will honor (it depends on their relationship with their supplier). It is good to have a spare atty and a spare battery to avoid problems. I ordered an entire second kit a couple weeks after the first to get spares of each, and a couple more the next month since the basic kit only comes with one. I would buy the Royal kit today if I was starting again. None of them have died (though one atty tastes weird sometimes) in three months.

Now that you have five posts you will be able to ask questions in the Leo sub-forum if you have difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread