Boge cartos vs. Smoktech cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
Hi, all. I have always used Boge cartos. In the beginning, I used the lr's. Now I vape on a VV pv, and I use the sr's. Lately, I have noticed some inconsistencies with them. Many others have remarked about the same thing. I use them in cartotanks. Sometimes they're perfect, sometimes they just won't wick, and occasionally, they will overwick. There seems to be a problem with Boge QC. I never had a problem with any of them until a couple of months ago.

I am about to purchase some new cartos, and I'm really thinking of trying something different. How are the Smoktech sr cartos compared to Boge. I am interested in the plain old standard resistance cartos, not dual coil cartos.

Your opinions are appreciated.

Godzilla

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Northern California
www.foxyboxmods.com
Personally, I stopped using boges for the same reason, although my experience was a burnt taste after only 1 day. I used them in a tank, and also just the standard method, being careful to keep it wet, and still I was getting a burnt taste. I am getting 4 days of good performance out of the smoktechs, in both LR and standard resistances.

I mostly use the single coils, but I also like dual coils matched to the right voltage. (2 ohm dual at or 3 ohm single coil at 5v)
1.6 dual coil or 1.7 single coil at 3.7v

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is a very interesting thread for me. I've noticed the same performance issues with Boge cartos recently; however, the rebranded Boge cartos (vendor rebranding) have performed just as well as always for me. I use eGo-T batts and have some eGo-T clones that are VV. I use cartos (LR, SR, DC, eGo mega), ego tanks/attys, and select what I'm using depending on the juice and voltage that juice tastes best to me, so I notice performance differences rather quickly. I was just complaining to my hubby that the last 2 boge cartos I filled burnt out with wet filler!

Sorry to ramble on like that, but I'm relieved that someone else has noticed this, also! I may try some smoktechs to see if they've improved. :(

I have only seen the smoktechs come with the black sticker. They are stainless, with a sticker. I just peel the sticker off and use clorox wipes to break down the glue and remove with a dish towel. takes about a minute per carto.

My last order I purchased 100 for 1.55 each over a month ago. Not a bad price. I still have 96 left unused :(

dual coil cartomizer

Those are dual coil, if you want single coil they go for 7.25 for a 5 pack.

http://www.hoosierecigsupply.com/5-pack-of-17ohm-single-coil-XL-cartomizer-by-Smok-Tech-HEC036.htm

I remove the sticker for tank use and leave the sticker for regular use.

2 with sticker removed and 2 with sticker intact
photobucket-2539-1320780543843.jpg

sticker removed in tank.
photobucket-4055-1320532562073.jpg

Last edited:

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
Where do you buy your boges ? Everytime i hear people having a problem with them its from libertyflights for some reason . Out of the 50 boges iv been through i havent had one with any problems . Imo they have the best qc out of any ecig product . Also how are you refilling them and is the wicking problem on first fill or refill . I use all vg based juices and no wicking or saturating problems .

Also i wouldnt bother with the black ones if using in a tank . Getting that sticky adhesive off the black ones is a mission .

Last edited:

zomgname

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
AR
This is an enlightening thread for me, lol. I tried Boges first over a year ago when messing around with my moms PV. They worked great. I just got back into vaping and ordered a pack of 5 boges with my Riva. It seems like everyone was still raving on the Boges just as much as before so I expected them to preform great. From the first one I opened to the last, they ALL burn my throat, whereas the exact same juice is fine dripping or in a cart. They also all seemed to have a backtaste, not burnt, it's more like... this juice I tried a long time ago from Litecig called Cream. I didn't like it too much, and it's the exact taste I got in every one of the boge's. Note that I havent touched that juice in a year! They also seemed to get dry REALLY quick and I have to top them off so much it's like I should just drip instead, or else the burning sensation is much worse!

@Str8v8ping... I did get mine from Liberty Flights. All their other equipment has been flawless for me. :( I wonder?

I have a pack of 15 resurrectors on the way as well. They just went out for shipping. Heres hoping!

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I have purchased my Boge sr cartos from CrystalClearVaping, GoodProphets, and VaporAlley.
Where do you buy your boges ? Everytime i hear people having a problem with them its from libertyflights for some reason . Out of the 50 boges iv been through i havent had one with any problems . Imo they have the best qc out of any ecig product . Also how are you refilling them and is the wicking problem on first fill or refill . I use all vg based juices and no wicking or saturating problems .

Also i wouldnt bother with the black ones if using in a tank . Getting that sticky adhesive off the black ones is a mission .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread