Blu Premium 100. Is it really the best mini? Blu Premium 100. The king of minis?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneBlack

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
USA
The blu original starter kit sucks in my opinion, neither me nor my wife liked it and we took it back and got a refund. I switched to 510 stuff and never looked back. I like the 510 setup and its good when your out in public, I have a PCC for the batts and I'll be getting a couple spares in case its a long day out and the PCC does not charge the batt fast enough, but I don't think it will be an issue. At home I have a 510 USB passthrough so I dont have to worry about batteries and I can save them. The blu carts I got from walgreens were stale and probably dried up because they didn't even last a day. However I did save them, clean them out and put my own liquid in them, well they worked way better on my 510 then those punny batteries from the starter kit. blu original kit fail. blu 100 kit I have not tried because I did not want to give them another chance after the huge disappointment.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
The Blu Original kit does totally suck.
It's hard to believe that they're still selling it.
Since the Premium batteries are the same size.
You would think they would dump the originals on Groupon?

The Premium 100 is basically a 510.
Similar to the Volcano Magma.
The larger battery and cartridges are a huge improvement.
The PCC works great for about 8 cycles.

I use the Johnson Creek Vea at home.
It's light years ahead of any mini.
I vape the Blu at work and in social situations.
Plan on buying an E Hookah next!

sugismimi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
SOUTH CAROLINA
while on my lunch break run to the store for coffee, I noticed Blu had a new display set up on the counter rite up front.
I asked the hubz, wonder how people could quit analogs using just those. Then I remembered it took us 5 days to completely quit analogs, using a small battery just like those.

Now after those few days of replacing carts, charging the battery 2-3 times a day, I got annoyed and decided to stop buying the prefilled carts, and just see what happens if I drip a little on the heating element. Lo and behold, I found direct dripping!!!
after lots of web browsing and ECF, I found sooo many products and equipment that has kept me vaping happily

Ok of topic but, my point,

Those little batteries are just a stepping stone for a healthier lifestyle. hopefully people will educate themsleves, and learn about the products available.

the reason Im even commenting on this whole sugject is the fact that the display also had a very informative leaflet, explaining THR, and the benfits of E-Cigs and the studies done on vaping.

I was impressed with this and commented about it. very responsible for Blu to supply this info.

wonder if they have public stock available......

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I was impressed with this and commented about it. very responsible for Blu to supply this info.

wonder if they have public stock available......
Lorillard bought Blu several months ago, so yes, you can buy stock in the company. If BT knows anything, it is to address regulations, provide a first class marketing campaign, and improve products through its massive research capabilities. Expect Blu to continuously get better.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Your replacement battery should work fine.
What happened to you seems pretty rare.
I also have a larger PV: (Johnson Creek Vea ).
But using a cigalike when out makes more sense.

You can order a backup mini kit from Jet for $15.
Two bats, a USB & 2 cartridges.
Same 510 threading. Just a bit thinner. They're black with a white light. Believe they're 180 mah. It's great for stealth vaping!

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
Hey, ilovehugehits or whomever, I just got the Blu Premium 100 kit and I am not having any issues to date. I find it more than adequate when I am not at home. I will also be getting the Vea kit for home use when it is in stock again.

What are you currently using for blank cartomizers for the Blu Premium 100. I have searched through this site and it is getting confusing when people don't clarify between the Standard, Premium, and Premium 100 set ups. I think that I should be getting a Boge 510 with a 3.0 ohm, but I am not positive. Additionally, I know that the Premium 100 holds more juice than the other styles, but is that because it's the 510 or what?

Any Premium 100 users that can help here would be greatly appreciated.

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
The consensus appears that they are, but I am getting conflicting info on the ohms. I have heard 1.8-2.0, 2.4-2.6, and 3.0. Every thread says something different. Maybe I can check the resistance on one of my used cartomizers. I am not sure if I'll get an accurate reading off a used one though.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Standard resistance should work just fine.
Blu batteries aren't sealed. If you get juice in them they will fry.
If you want to refill. I would wait & buy the Vea.
With Blu I strictly used prefilleds. I buy my refills from Jet now.
They're cheaper & faster. Their flavors are better. High nic is 22mg.

Premium 100 bats are 220 mah. Cartridges hold 1.4 ml of juice.
Basically a standard 510 on steroids.
Same width just shorter & reverse polarity.
It's a Volcano Magma that doesn't suck.

aussiedog61

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Southern California
Volcano Magma is great, agreed

I think you misread what he wrote.

ilovehugehits - So far I am loving the Blu Premium 100. It does everything I need while away from home, effortlessly. I have been refilling the cartomizers with no problems with Johnson Creek's juices. You have to be careful, but it's easy peasy. I have been using the Johnson Creek Vea for home use, and it rocks. I got plenty of cartomizers each filled with something different depending on my mood. Domestic, Tennessee Cured, and Tundra for my analog fix, and Solstice, Vanda, and Swiss Dark for desserts and mixing with the others. I still don't get why Johnson Creek isn't getting more recognition on this forum. Their juices are top notch, super friendly customer service, there aren't any credit card issues, and the shipping is insanely fast (even with free USPS). No, I don't have anything to do with them, but I hate to see a company that truly goes the extra mile not get any kudos. Yeah, they may cost a little more than the others, but to me the peace of mind, quality of the product, and order processing/shipping speed is money well spent and totally worth it.

Last edited:

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I think Johnson Creek doesn't get much love.
Mostly because of their relationship with Blu.
They also don't have sales or discount codes very often.
The Vea is a natural progression for a Blu user.
JC makes it simple to learn how to refill.
Their juice is made in Wisconsin.
Customer service and shipping are great.

People seem to like to support the smaller juice vendors.
But I've read some horror stories on here.
I would rather pay a little bit more for the best.
Learned my lesson from a vendor, that always has stuff on sale.
It rhymes with Zolcano...

manonthemoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
NY
I think Johnson Creek doesn't get much love.
Learned my lesson from a vendor, that always has stuff on sale.
It rhymes with Zolcano...

I agree. I am trying to see if there is any significant difference between blu and volcano batts since I already have a Volcano Magma and like it. I love the volcano eliquids especially red hot lava & methol burst. I am looking into making my own eLiquid and I can only hope I can make some that is almost as good as their stuff. Any good recipes links?

Zealous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2012
Texas
yes it's true the blu's batteries aren't sealed. However if you're careful & don't over fill you can refill carts & not fry your batteries. I used blank carts & my own juice the whole time I used the blu & it was the PCC that busted on me. Never had a problem with either battery (after the original shipment; the 1st batteries I got had 1 bad battery & 1 good so 1 was replaced).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread