Blu Cig Review and Comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRS1988

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2009
www.heathersheavenlyvapes.com
Okay, so i got my Blu yesterday. My initial reaction to it: whoa!

the pack for it is pretty sweet, i also like the USB charger for it. its all very compact and the packing is very trendy and cool looking. but the big thing is how this little devil performs.

major taste! the menthol flavor taste SO friggin much like a camel crush (my old brand) the ease of draw is amazing. i know people are complaining about how sensitive it is (its very sensitive) but it makes the draw super awesome, you barely inhale and it hits you.

the throat hit is very nice, better than my pilot when it was new (ive had it since march and its working, just not very well, time for new hardware) but to really let it HIT you gotta take a somewhat longer drag, no biggie.

vapor production is awesome. its the same amount of vapor that an analog would produce in smoke.

The atomizer is huge, lol. very pointy, cos it breaks thru the seal in the carts. the band between the battery and the atomizer has four holes, looks like the pilot in that sense, but it also has 2 holes on the atomizer where it screws into the batt. i dont know if thats making the difference or what, but i noticed it.

Its pretty small, the smallest ive tried. its smaller than the mini fogger or the pilot with the short battery.

The pack is genius! I have a tendency of misplacing my e cig (never for very long ;)) and now its just like keeping up with a pack of ciggys. alot easier. everything fits perfectly and you can still store a fully charged battery in the charging slot, just dont screw it in (the case still closes)

Now, comparing it to the m401/402, the 901, and the janty mini fogger... i like the blu better. As far as throat hit, ease of draw, and taste. especially taste. It definitely feels the most like an analog. the pilot laks in the flavor department, and the 901 lacks in the throat hit, the mini fogger is some where in between. but the Blu, in my humble opinion, blows them outta the water.

The battery life is pretty average (1-2 hours heavy vaping), the cart life is pretty good too, i was vaping away last night and its still the same cart this morning and going strong. im kinda antsy to try the other flavor carts i got. i got the java jolt and the vivid vanilla along with the magnificent menthol (its pretty damn magnificent)

My only real complaint is that its sound/wind sensitive. i was hoping it wouldn't be. my pilot is, and i cant go to concerts with it. i was hoping to go out to loud places with this thing, but i dont think thats gonna be any different.

All in all i would def. recommend this to anyone. a newbie or a seasoned vaper.

Its got a year warranty, 30 day money back, and its only 59 bucks. if your thinking about the blu, go ahead and go for it, theyre probably still backed up so youll be in for a wait at the moment... but its worth it.

Later days,

Ro

eagleeyes

Jun 15, 2009
Okay, so i got my Blu yesterday. My initial reaction to it: whoa!

the pack for it is pretty sweet, i also like the USB charger for it. its all very compact and the packing is very trendy and cool looking. but the big thing is how this little devil performs.

major taste! the menthol flavor taste SO friggin much like a camel crush (my old brand) the ease of draw is amazing. i know people are complaining about how sensitive it is (its very sensitive) but it makes the draw super awesome, you barely inhale and it hits you.

the throat hit is very nice, better than my pilot when it was new (ive had it since march and its working, just not very well, time for new hardware) but to really let it HIT you gotta take a somewhat longer drag, no biggie.

vapor production is awesome. its the same amount of vapor that an analog would produce in smoke.

The atomizer is huge, lol. very pointy, cos it breaks thru the seal in the carts. the band between the battery and the atomizer has four holes, looks like the pilot in that sense, but it also has 2 holes on the atomizer where it screws into the batt. i dont know if thats making the difference or what, but i noticed it.

Its pretty small, the smallest ive tried. its smaller than the mini fogger or the pilot with the short battery.

The pack is genius! I have a tendency of misplacing my e cig (never for very long ;)) and now its just like keeping up with a pack of ciggys. alot easier. everything fits perfectly and you can still store a fully charged battery in the charging slot, just dont screw it in (the case still closes)

Now, comparing it to the m401/402, the 901, and the janty mini fogger... i like the blu better. As far as throat hit, ease of draw, and taste. especially taste. It definitely feels the most like an analog. the pilot laks in the flavor department, and the 901 lacks in the throat hit, the mini fogger is some where in between. but the Blu, in my humble opinion, blows them outta the water.

The battery life is pretty average (1-2 hours heavy vaping), the cart life is pretty good too, i was vaping away last night and its still the same cart this morning and going strong. im kinda antsy to try the other flavor carts i got. i got the java jolt and the vivid vanilla along with the magnificent menthol (its pretty damn magnificent)

My only real complaint is that its sound/wind sensitive. i was hoping it wouldn't be. my pilot is, and i cant go to concerts with it. i was hoping to go out to loud places with this thing, but i dont think thats gonna be any different.

All in all i would def. recommend this to anyone. a newbie or a seasoned vaper.

Its got a year warranty, 30 day money back, and its only 59 bucks. if your thinking about the blu, go ahead and go for it, theyre probably still backed up so youll be in for a wait at the moment... but its worth it.

Later days,

Ro

Thanks for the review, got me excited for mine to come next week... as long as it does come next week, my 10th day will be on tuesday and they stated when i talked to customer service yesterday that I should receive it next week.

I gotta say I'm really glad to read this positive review. I've not yet ordered a Blu, but so far it seems like the ideal e-cig for me as far as form factor goes. I like black (or white) color and blue LED and the charging pack is ingenious--I'm just surprised that no other company has followed in this path.

I was first introduced to e-cigs with Smoking Everywhere's RN4081 and I love the concept and they have great marketing and its fun that it looks like an analog, but now that I can't find it, I have batteries and cartridges but no vaporizer. I really believe that e-smoking is the future and I'm interested in being a part of the growth of the next big thing...but in many ways its "not ready for prime time"...so I hope that either Blu will get their act together or maybe somebody else will get the right mix of good business model and quality product.

accord96

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
That is good to hear you had a good experience.

I cannot say the same thing. And for those who are still hoping on the 10 day deliver please remember that it is their estimate. I waited for over 3 weeks to get mine. The shipping info never updated and was always told that it is somewhere in the mailing system... but no one could track it?

I ordered a 401 from a Chinese site, which will remain unnamed so that people don't think I am a promoter of them for any reason at all.

The 401 came with all the parts working and vapor production and throat hit were awesome. Battery lasts about 5 hours with heavy use and charges pretty quickly. I got extra batteries so I would always have 1 or 2 fully charged for when I am away from my house.

Ordering from China got me prices very similar to BLU, but without the charging pack; which is awesome for carrying the parts and always having charged batteries.

After 2 weeks of using the 401 and giving up on BLU for any type of info it finally came.

To say the least I was disappointed with the product. It seemed like garbage, and I know it is re branded so in theory should be the same as the other numeric unbranded ones, which I have never used or seen, but it just wasn't what I was expecting. The vapor was half of the 401, the carts with their stupid tinfoil would run out of liquid on the top of the cart but left lots unused. My co worker actually bought it from me before I could send it back and he enjoyed it, until I let him try mine out... I guess ignorance is bliss.

So it could be great for the beginners, but once something else is tried it loses the perceived value.

And on top of this their customer service was the worst ever.

I bought the starter kit... Still waiting for it. Bought it without doing any research just saw it online thought it was cool and got it.

So far this is one of the only positive review I've seen and from all the negative ones I'm expecting the thing to explode on contact. lol.

I am going to try it out and see how it does. This will be my first E-Cig... if it ever gets here.

After the blu finally fails however long that takes I'm goin for the Janty Stick. Looks pretty durable, and reviews are outstanding from what i've seen but enough of that it will be a long time before I can afford one and there will most likely be something better at that point.

ALL E-CIGS SHOULD BE MANUAL!

chance

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
I placed my order with blu on 6-6 and finally cancelled on 6-26 as the rep told me it could be another week or longer. I ended up ordering a 510 and it should arrive today or tomorrow. A buddy of mine placed an order with Blu as well on 6-9 and he talked to their rep last night to find out about his order and they are still saying another week or so. The rep told him that people placing orders to day are looking at 3 weeks to a month wait. This is my first ecig as well and I'm anxious to check it out and hopefully get off analogs.

dntbuyblu

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
oregon
blu cigs are the worst, shipping problems, battery life is very short and it take over 3 weeks to get a carton of refills and using liquid juice in them makes the atomiser burn out really quick and they wont replace the atomizer if they find out you tried to refill them with your own juice and there customer service sucks hardcore i seem to get the same jerk off every time i call he seems to like putting me on hold multiple times and a simple question take about 30 min to get a responce im sticking with my cheapo super cigarette that i bought for 29 bucks and just use liquid if anybody wants to buy my blu cig starter kit let me know ill trade you for a different e cig if you want

dntbuyblu

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
oregon
oh yeah and vapor production is a joke its in no way the same as an analog its very weak the guy that started this thread sounds like he works for blu cig i have a test for you or anybody that has a blu cig put a fully charged one in your pocket with the filter on and walk around for an hour or two i bet you will get burned and all your cartridge will be gone

winged avenger

Moved On
Jul 7, 2009
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: spammer

chance

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
I did the same thing as fearsintophobias. I think I waited about 17 days before I finally cancelled my order with blucig. I placed my order with smokey treats and had my 510 with in 3 business days. I have also ordered some filled cartridges and empty cartridges, very fast shipping on everything, would recomend them without any hesitation.

On a side note, a friend ordered his blu starter kit on 6-9 and JUST got it over the weekend. I was about ready to cancel his order but it showed up so hopefully he likes it. It's gonna suck to order supplies for it if blu doesn't get on the ball.

AmplexorJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Alabama, USA
Everything negative ive read about Blu is Tru. (dntbuyblu-haven't tried the leakin in your pocket thing though)

Seriously I ordered on early June didn't receive till Late July (understandable due to the unexpected demand)

However Ive been using the Blu For 6 days now and man this thing sux.

So Far Blu has equaled = Short Battery Life 1 -2 hours using moderately to heavy,
Low Vapor Production even on full cart and batt, short cart life cause it does not wick well at all and the foil/plastic cart cap gets in the way periodically, OH and Charger Pack does awful at giving your batt a truly full charge, but whatever, decent throat hit on full batt and cart though but only for like 15 mins or 10 puffs, then it bombs to random hits and misses.

.....but im gonna try with some e liquid refillage tomorrow and see how it does.

This is my first ecig and apparently not my last. i do not work for any company and could care less who you buy from.

PS where can I find an unbiased review of the Blu that isnt done by an "Affiliate".

warsphinx
- ur right cuz they charged my bank late june and said shipped, even gave me a USPS tracking number, then 3 days later put my order as "delayed pending inventory" for a month refunded my money and re did everything late july.

AmplexorJ

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Alabama, USA
Oh and the Entire "Review" by TRS1988 "the oh so cool emo guy i just really wanna be" made me sick !!! How blatantly Biased was THAT? God they didnt even try for a subtle marketing approach!

Hey guys I dont work for Blu or nothin but whoa broster shizzle this Blu Cig is so AWESOME it could potentially END CHILD HUNGER !!! I mean not only does it produce Vapor bigger to a Billy .... Thornton and out performs every single other e cig related product on the planet and other planets but DUDE it gets you HOT MICRO BIKINI GIRLS WITH TRILLIONS OF THAT CHEDDA. Buy NOW for only 59 bucks Peace, RO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread