Oct 24, 2010
Earth
I think I saw them there last time I went
w6xxb

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I saw them yesterday at my local store... they're locked up with all the cartons and other tobacco products.

They have Blu kits, cart 5 pack, a single battery and cart pack (disposable?). They also carry a Nicotek brand that looks like a Blu knockoff.

Prices seem to be comparable to online pricing.

The Nicotek, if its the Metro model, is a 4081.
Basically the same as an nJoy Pro.
so its not compatable with the Blu.

TxParamedic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
The great State of Texas
I just came from HEB and your right it's the Metro. They have it and the BLU plus some chargers, exta batts, etc.

So? Good thing or bad thing? Gets vaping out to more people but exposes them to a overpriced product.....

I guess introducing vaping to the "mainstream" is a positive I just wish people had a higher quality lower priced introduction.

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Are the prices more expensive at the HEB store? The normal price for either of these models isn't really that out of line.
Granted, the Metro refils ARE overpriced at $10 for 3, but the $20 kit is actually a deal (Battery, USB charger, and 2 cartos).

A 510 kit regularly goes for about 35.00, then add to that the 25.00 to 30.00 for a PCC, tour getting close to the Blu starting price.
The Blu may be a little more, but atleast its not like the mall venders.

Alac

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I think the blu starter kit was 69$. I'll check the others next time I go.
That sounds about right.
I can respect if you think that is out of line. And yes, you can get a Riva starter kit for half that price.

But, in the analog look-a-likes niche, for 2 small batteries/5 cartos/PCC and chargers, it really is competatively priced.
Kits in this bracket with similar gear can cost from 54.95 to 74.95. I'm not even taking about the real rip-offs.

Now, in all honesty, a lower price for the Blu would make it more attractive, if for nothing else as a back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread