Am I the Only One? (rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2010
Hudson Valley, NY
Sorry to disagree, but I smoked 1-2 packs/day for 32 yrs and inhaled plenty. Everyone seems to slam everybody else for their preference on what they use or their opinion. I have a 510, Blu, 401, 901 and 808. Each has its own unique quirk that separates them from the other. Each person has their own opinion, which is great, and we all should take them under advisement. However, I also feel bashing should be left out. Its like a Ford vs Chevy thing....never ends and nobody wins.

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
I bought a blu because it was the first one I tried, so I had a prior experience (and a good one at that) with it. Had I tried a 510 first, I probably would have bought one of those. That's not to say I'll never buy one, but I wanted to make sure that my first step into vaping was a sure one.

I just got my blu two days ago, actually and I'm loving it. I'm not too crazy about the flavors, (menthol is disgusting) but I knew that there was a whole community of people devoted to DIYing, refilling, modding, etc. So I knew that I wouldn't be stuck with "stock" flavors.

soarer425

Verified Member
Mar 11, 2010
Bothell, WA
I have a Blu also, and a 510. I really enjoy my Blu and their flavors, and they work great, and I have been refilling them with ejuice I have been trying (still looking for the perfect juice though). One thing I wanted to mention though, one day I stuck my Blu atty on my 510 bat. WOW best performance I have seen! Definitely blew my 510 attys out of the water in terms of performance. The Blu is great for the car, and the recharging pack is fantastic for long days out. I just find the 510 bat dies way too fast and when I use up the 2 I have the Blu is always there =P

somEDude

Mar 21, 2010
Ohio
Blu with stock filler is garbage. But with a half PTB rolled folded and frayed it works great. I love my 510 on the 5 volt passthrough but the blu/ volcano and the pack is convenient for going out. Usually have two attys with carts and two other filled carts ready to go when I leave for work in the morning and most days by the time I get home I still have the two filled carts untouched. I drive alot for work and pretty much chain vape too. I do like volcano parts and service a little better and for those with a 510 those Magma attys are awesome and cheap.

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
Finally, a non-bashing thread for blu!

I like my blu and am please to see some others like them too. I am realtively new here and after reading through a lot of the information on this forum, have been almost ashamed to admit that I like it.:oops:

Everyone has different needs and wants... When I started looking at e-cigs I was looking for something to replace the analog. I found the blu, as many newbies have, through searching the internet. It served the purpose I was looking for.

I have since purchased many other models and some are good, and some are bad, but I still end up going back to the blu (and Volcano) primarily for it's simplicity.

Just wanted to post and say "Glad there are others like me". ;)

Thanks

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi all...I am pretty new to e-cigs, started with the Blu and have been happy except for having to buy the carts. Can i use the liquid to refill ny Blu? Do i use the tea bag idea?
Thanks!

Yep :) Just pop the carts apart with a paperclip and rinse them out (or not if you are using the same flavor juice. You can rinse the filler in there real well, or replace it with Fluval. I can get about eight drops of juice into a cart. I'd go broke if I had to keep buying carts from them. You can get caps that fit perfectly from Modern Vapor so they won't leak.

Also, I think I have discovered the secret recipe for making a juice that tastes just like Classic Tobacco carts :D

~A

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I was a bit apprehensive when I watched/read all the negative reviews of Blu. 8-o

However, I got a Blu as a gift in a bunch of stuff from ECF classifieds only a week ago and I have been "on it" every since. :D

It is an awesome little PV. The PCC is super. Refilling is easy although it came with a bunch of Blu pre-filled carts.
Replacement attys are (2) for $9.95. It can be used with my 510 stuff and vice versa.

It is so small and convenient and a joy to use. :cool:

I understand that hardware some times is not the same for everyone AND I really love this little PV.

Thanks for starting this thread so the success stories of vaping with Blu can be shared.

Maybe this is the Scion of PV's.

Vape On!!!!

I love my BLU. Blu was the first e-cig I ever heard of and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Then I did some research and ended up here on ECF. After reading all of the bad reviews here, I didn't order one.

Angelique,

I have had my Blu kit for just over a month now and I am quite happy with it! Now having said that I will also give the following info.

Shipping times. (I am 1 day actual shipping time from Blu Cig)
1st order 2/28/10 recv 3/5/10 - 2nd order 3/6/10 recv 3/10/10 - 3rd order 4/6/10 have not received yet.

Customer Support: 1st time. Was given incorrect answer about usb charger. - 2nd time. Was given correct answer about usb charger. - 3rd time. Was answered promptly via email. - 4th time. If this person worked for me, I would have FIRED him on the spot. He was an a**. :mad:

Quality of kit: This one is tricky. I have the ability to buy the bad units off the shelf, always have. So far, one of my batteries has died (sent back, pending replacement) and now I think my PCC is not working properly.

Vapor. I can not compare this to other systems as this is the first system I have tried. I have noticed variation in the factory filled carts, including few that produced little to no vapor. I have refilled a few carts as well and had good vapor production from them. The vapor production has gotten better than it was when I first received the system. I do not know if this is just atty break in or me learning to use the e-cigs, or both.

Blu Cig does need to work on their customer support. They also need to fix the order tracking and RMA download links on their website.

I don't understand why some people get bent out of shape over what brand of e-cigs other people use though. There are 100's of brands of analog cigarettes out there and people smoke the brand they like..... shouldn't e-cig brands get the same respect? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

pdssoft

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Michigan, USA
I don't understand why some people get bent out of shape over what brand of e-cigs other people use though. There are 100's of brands of analog cigarettes out there and people smoke the brand they like..... shouldn't e-cig brands get the same respect? :)

I couldn't agree with you more... I was under the impression that this forum was created to unite e-cig users to support vaping and the move from analogs. However, it appears the forum is split into several different communities, many that don't like the mini-e-cigs.

So many times I see a newbie start a thread and ask for assistance on a blu, and the very next poster starts ranting how they should immediately return it before it's too late.

(Back on topic)

I have placed several orders with blu since November 2009 and have had no problems whatsoever. I am also probably one of the few that has read their shipping statement which (in a round-about way) states that it could take up to 2 weeks to get your order.

On the other hand, if you want faster shipping try Volcano. Their Volcano model is compatible with the blu so all parts are interchangeable. They offer coupon codes and fast shipping... also orders over $100 have 2-3 day shipping free.

I have just recently discovered Revolvercigs and I think I will give them a try on my next venture...

Last edited:
On the other hand, if you want faster shipping try Volcano. Their Volcano model is compatible with the blu so all parts are interchangeable. They offer coupon codes and fast shipping... also orders over $100 have 2-3 day shipping free.

I thought it looked the same, glad to know that it is. What about 3Dom? It looks like the same system as Volcano and Blu as well.

So far I am not unhappy with Blu's shipping times, however it could be faster. A few of the vendors for my business are in the same city as Blu, my orders from them are normally delivered the next day.... 2nd day on rare occasions. It is nice to know that I have other options as well, I have never liked being stuck with one supplier.

topaz_stone71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Central Ohio
I've only had mine for a few days but I really like the Blu. I almost canceled my order too. The cartridge flavors are really good (loving the Java). The battery life is adequate- when I take it to work, a single battery will last me through the shift (I still go outside because I don't want to push it). My son has been begging me for the Blu in trade for the 510 he originally decided he wanted. Shipping was less than a week. I'm sure that one of these days, I will want a Chuck but for now, I'm happy. It is pretty close to the feeling of smoking an analog.

me_again

May 4, 2010
N'awlins
Thanks for starting this post, I think we needed it. I'm very happy with my Blu (a few mods of course). I get the feeling that with anything (fairly) new, everyone wants to be the guy/gal in the room (or forum) who seems to know the most about it. Everyone wants to be the "expert". The best way to look like an expert is to say "No! You're doing it all wrong!" I just want a dose of nicotine so that I don't bite someones head off, a smoking experience that's pretty close to the real thing, and a decent flavor. I get more than enough vapor and throat hit from my Blu and I'm not trying to impress anyone by creating giant clouds that float around my head anyway. We could use a bigger cartridge though.......

cak10

Apr 19, 2010
Tulsa OK
the blu is the only one i've owned....can't afford to keep trying knew items. It has done well for me but I did get a PT from volcano, since blu doesn' sell them. Well the stupid thing quit working, now I need to order another one. Great for at the computer and hooked up to the adapter I can just sit there and watch TV. I would like to find a better way for the juice delivery. The atty is great for dripping but can be inconvenient if your trying to do something else.

Ourei

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
Hawaii! Yay haha
I love the form and function of the Blu. It was my first e-cig, and during the first week, I found this forum, learned about other e-cigs and bought a 510.

I learned how to mod my 510 carts with blue foam and highping's mod to really fill the cart, and I like how the 510 tastes, but...

I picked up my Blu, cleaned out the used carts, and filled them with some tobacco-flavored juice, using some blue foam and highping's mod. I'm able to get about 12 drops in each little cup, and I cover them with those little silicone caps from the 510 carts. I use my Blu strictly for the tobacco flavor, and I find my Blu tends to have an overpowering throat hit - perfect for my marlboro fix! While the batteries die fast, the charging pack is convenient enough. The fact that it'll hold a lot of stuff (unlike the lousy PCC pack for the 510 which only holds ONE battery, what the hey) makes carrying the Blu pack amazingly convenient!

I use my 510 at home mostly, where I enjoy all kinds of flavors. When I'm out and about, I grab my Blu pack.

I have to say, the folks who designed Blu have their act together. With the pre-packed carts, decent pricing on all the parts, it's probably the most accessible e-cig that I would recommend to a new user - provided they learn how to fill their own carts so they can overcome the weak-tasting prefilled carts.

The only thing I'd like them to improve on would be... nothing! I'm happy with the Blu :D

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The wife and I started with the Blu, Well the wife still uses hers a lot. I needed a bigger unit so went with Modern Vapors Sideshow and 902 but still have my Blu around, it’s nice to drop in the pocket and go to town or whatever. We use our Blu kits to introduce friends that are not Ecig users. Good place to start price is good product dose what it is was intended to do. I have nothing to say bad about Blu and thank them for providing a good product that work.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
The wife and I started with the Blu, Well the wife still uses hers a lot. I needed a bigger unit so went with Modern Vapors Sideshow and 902 but still have my Blu around, it’s nice to drop in the pocket and go to town or whatever. We use our Blu kits to introduce friends that are not Ecig users. Good place to start price is good product dose what it is was intended to do. I have nothing to say bad about Blu and thank them for providing a good product that work.
Didn't she have any problems switching from normal cigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread