Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Things I notice about the big block 454. Flavor excellent, vapor production ok-good (?!) and its a screaming pita to wire and wick. If this thing was even 24mm instead of 22mm it could really have something.

so I drilled through rather than out the center post with a #69 bit all the way through, and used the center post positive leg holes as squonk holes. It works, mostly. It does squonk. The problem is the holes are so high it will leak right through the air holes of over squonked, which is easy to do. Better solution may be to drill only a little way up and make new squonk holes. I tried it but my bit wasn’t made to cut what is apparently the hardened steel of the central shaft so I abandoned it and just went all the way up the center.

I coiled it with 4x3.5mm 11 wrap of .3 square SS. Came out to ~.3ohm. It wants more than 40w though so I’m charging my lone Singleton HG2 to put in the therion (it’s 22mm after all). If it hits 55w and still wants more I’m gonna have to get a 30amp battery for it. The thing is UBER thirsty, which is no surprise given it’s flavor and cloud levels.

This one matches if not surpasses supersubohm exotic coils though. I’d have to do another test to make sure. I’m working off memory atm.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread