Block of Wood + Drill = Vape-Station (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcoolbp

ECF Veteran
vaping in NYC" data-source="post: 15784958" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
vaping in NYC said:
Nice!! I got a nice vape Station on Ebay for $6 . It had a nice Varnish and the little felt feet on the bottom. But nothing like Making ur own thing, and Customize it to ur Desires... will be looking into getting attachments for my Drill as my Collection grows...

I want to make a wooden Box with a vape Station on top!!

How much did everything run u if u dont mind me asking???

Probably about $40, but that's Including wood stain, drill bits, sand paper, brushes, and poly urethane. The wood and molding by themselves was maybe $5? Took maybe 45 min total not including drying time.

Also: satisfaction from DIY and having it be custom: priceless!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Those are great! I'd tried a couple of similar ones (mostly when I was all bent on using EVOD toppers and Spinners/VV3s) with a chunk of 4x4 and a 2x4. They were o.k., but now I have box mods and all kinds of 19mm-22mm tanks. I just finished my lame shelves to store all my DIY flavorings (they aren't pretty, but they're perfectly functional!) I think the tank stand is definitely next. Trying to decide if I want a slight recess, or if just 510-sized holes would be sufficient.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Exactly the same thing I did. It looks much nice than mine though. I found a piece of wood in the basement. Took a 3/4 drill to it and presto, something told hold my tanks. I did not sand/paint/stain it. It does its job though. Since it resides at the back of the fridge, I didn't care what it looks like. I can only reach it back there unless the wife or kiddos use a step ladder.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
For years I've been wanting to make a vape station...originally it was to be a samurai sword display for my Egos. I finally got around to buying a Dremel for other things and now want to make a stand for my tanks and juices, like the ones in this thread. Eventually...

I almost bought a dremel for my build, but couldn't justify the cost, so had a friend who said they had one to do it for me. You got the dremel, so about $5 at Wally World got me the stand and another $5 or so the container for holding the juice, but whatever you may find works. I added a $2 sheet of peel and stick "felt" to protect the mods and some old Styrofoam stuck under the mods to support them from sliding down in. Whole thing for less then $15.

I wanted something within reach to hold the tanks and let me know what juice was in each. The bottle behind each tank takes care of that.

Reactions: Belhade
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread