Best MTL Atomizer in Flavor ?

Martique

Mar 24, 2024
Hey Guys !

I'm looking for a new Self Winding MTL Atomizer, i'm not so up to date on the market but since some Manufacters brought some new Atomizers out past two years i'd like to hear some opinions.

I had the Kayfun Prime back in the days and vaped it for some years until i sold it. Was actually overall pretty satisfied with it but the flavor was never the top of the top since my Aspire Nautilus GT already had a better Flavor with the 1.00 Ohm Mesh coils as my Kayfun Prime.

Right now i'm comparing these:

- SvoëMesto - Kayfun X
- Arcana Mods Arcana 22 RTA
- The vaping Gentlemen Club Millennium RTA
- Smokerstore Taifun GTR
- SQuape A[rise] RTA 22mm MTL

I watched some reviews already and i think all of them are good,
however if anyone has one of them, or even tested or know which one is better in flavor i would be interested to hear it.

Regards, Martin

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    It is difficult to answer with a good recommendation since we are different in how we like the flavors to pop.

In terms of AF, a lot has happened since Prime saw the light of day, it should also be said that SvoeMesto came up with a nozzle kit afterwards because MTL fans were not completely satisfied with Prime.

My favorites at the moment:
    Steampipes Cabeo MTL
    KHW Dvarw 16 RTA
    Flash-e-Vapor vs dual
    Atmizoo Tripod v2 RTA
    It should be said that the KHW Dvarw 16 RTA and Flash-e-Vapor vs dual are special attys, 16 and 17mm, so they are not what I would say are best suited as an all-rounder.

I have a new atty, Centenary Diplomat that I haven't built yet, I'm a bit slow these days

no|ah

Dec 11, 2023
    Connecticut, USA
    It should be said that the KHW Dvarw 16 RTA and Flash-e-Vapor vs dual are special attys, 16 and 17mm, so they are not what I would say are best suited as an all-rounder.

Not suited as all-rounders just because of the smaller capacity or do you feel like there are other downsides to them?

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    Not suited as all-rounders just because of the smaller capacity or do you feel like there are other downsides to them?
    They are both fantastic, both flavor and AFC, FeV vs dual is very high though.
    The only thing against them is finding mods that make them come into their own visually.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    SvoëMesto - Kayfun X

The Kayfun X has the same build deck as the Prime, KFL19 and KFL21. I have a couple Prime's and a couple KFL19's. Both deliver excellent flavor.

The key to getting great flavor with any Kayfun lies in getting the wicking "just so". It's been that way since SvoëMesto's first RTA.

SQuape A[rise] RTA 22mm MTL

You can't go wrong with a SQuape A[rise]. I have the 24mm. Super easy to build and wick. Awesome flavor.

Have you looked at the Dvarw MTL FL or CL??? I have a couple Dvarw MTL FL's. The flavor is excellent. Easy to build and wick.

I would also suggest looking at the Atmizoo Aer and Tripod RTA's. Both are easy to build and wick. Excellent flavor.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    The only thing against them is finding mods that make them come into their own visually.

The Gecko SbS, a collaboration between GD Mods and KHW Mods is a lovely match for either one. The initial release sold-out very quickly.

414859206_10211977382785242_3759628009516634187_n.jpg

356802951_9735902493117765_6813262033328212869_n.jpg

ETA: Not my photos. They're from the KHW product page.

Last edited:

Tor R

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com

Martique

Mar 24, 2024
    It is difficult to answer with a good recommendation since we are different in how we like the flavors to pop.

In terms of AF, a lot has happened since Prime saw the light of day, it should also be said that SvoeMesto came up with a nozzle kit afterwards because MTL fans were not completely satisfied with Prime.

My favorites at the moment:
    Steampipes Cabeo MTL
    KHW Dvarw 16 RTA
    Flash-e-Vapor vs dual
    Atmizoo Tripod v2 RTA

I have a new atty, Centenary Diplomat that I haven't built yet, I'm a bit slow these days
    In terms of taste, I am of course aware that this is also perceived subjectively.

I usually vape cakes and dessert liquids...

Dvarw ? never heard about it... will check it out.

Flash-E-Vapor Looks solid, but quite big compared to the others...

Will check the ones mentioned

Martique

Mar 24, 2024
    The Kayfun X has the same build deck as the Prime, KFL19 and KFL21. I have a couple Prime's and a couple KFL19's. Both deliver excellent flavor.

The key to getting great flavor with any Kayfun lies in getting the wicking "just so". It's been that way since SvoëMesto's first RTA.

You can't go wrong with a SQuape A[rise]. I have the 24mm. Super easy to build and wick. Awesome flavor.

Have you looked at the Dvarw MTL FL or CL??? I have a couple Dvarw MTL FL's. The flavor is excellent. Easy to build and wick.

I would also suggest looking at the Atmizoo Aer and Tripod RTA's. Both are easy to build and wick. Excellent flavor.
    I once had an SQuape E[motion] and I found the airflow or air circulation in the atomizer not quite optimal, which had an effect on the taste, and the airflow is also quite "loud". I then had the Kayfun 5 and it has always been and still is my favorite DL.

i used the Prime mostly for fruity flavors back in the days. Maybe this and my wick back then caused that "not optimal flavor"

meanwhile i only vape cake / dessert liquids so this could be different on the Kayfun X with the steepless airflow which is more optimized in general i guess...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    I once had an SQuape E[motion] and I found the airflow or air circulation in the atomizer not quite optimal, which had an effect on the taste, and the airflow is also quite "loud". I then had the Kayfun 5 and it has always been and still is my favorite DL.

i used the Prime mostly for fruity flavors back in the days. Maybe this and my wick back then caused that "not optimal flavor"

meanwhile i only vape cake / dessert liquids so this could be different on the Kayfun X with the steepless airflow which is more optimized in general i guess...

I mostly vape dessert/bakery juices with some fruits here and there (all DIY). For me, those are excellent in the RTA's I mentioned.

With all RTA's flavor is, as you previously noted, subjective.

You like, and know, what you have with the Kayfun 5. It's build deck is pretty much the same as a Prime, KFL19, KFL21 or an X (just more AF). For MTL you may really like the Kayfun X. It has excellent reviews.

Good luck with whatever RTA you choose.

Martique

Mar 24, 2024
    I mostly vape dessert/bakery juices with some fruits here and there (all DIY). For me, those are excellent in the RTA's I mentioned.

With all RTA's flavor is, as you previously noted, subjective.

You like, and know, what you have with the Kayfun 5. It's build deck is pretty much the same as a Prime, KFL19, KFL21 or an X (just more AF). For MTL you may really like the Kayfun X. It has excellent reviews.

Good luck with whatever RTA you choose.
    Thankyou, this helped !

Just bought the Kayfun X, will review it here as soon as tested it for a while :)

Users who are viewing this thread