Best advice to newbies; read posts from DonDaBoomVape

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
There's soo much to learn about the world of e-cigs and vaping. Once you're lucky enough to stumble upon ECF, you feel over whelmed by the sheer volume of info about models, juices, methods, etc. I know; I was there 5-23-2010. :blush:

The most important thread I read was DonDaBoomVape's "everything you need to know" series. Actually I still refer to it.

After what seems like ions ago; financially and equipment wise I feel I'm almost content. The one piece of my arsenal (besides the variable voltage mod I must decide upon) I was lacking is now in place. It happened as a result of reading yet another thread by DonDaBoom. I just wasn't satisfied with any configuration of my 510s or 901s for those times when I want to enjoy mere rich, full bodied, smoothness.

I happened upon a thread where Don extolled the virtues of the 801 atty so I decided to order a couple of regular and one LR 801 attys along with a 801 to 510 adapter from Mad Vapes. Ah... full bodied smoothness AND no leaking all over the place like the 901! Thanks Don for yet another valuable tip!

I change my mind about what I posted on the ECF CMS thread. They should give you a huge raise! Minimum four times what they pay you now. If you save all the mu-la from such a huge percentage raise, you'd be able to buy A new atty in about a year. If there's a big sell...:toast:

skri11a

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Houston
I couldn't agree more about DonDaBoomVape. "The Wonderful World of Vaping" and "What's the best e-cig for a beginner" were the two... single most... erm... those were the most informative threads I've read. There's been countless other posts from many members that helped me but those two put so much in one place.

Thanks, DDBV and all the other members of ECF. 2 weeks of drastically reduced cigarette usage and 3 days of absolutely none.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
I couldn't agree more about DonDaBoomVape. "The Wonderful World of Vaping" and "What's the best e-cig for a beginner" were the two... single most... erm... those were the most informative threads I've read. There's been countless other posts from many members that helped me but those two put so much in one place.

Thanks, DDBV and all the other members of ECF. 2 weeks of drastically reduced cigarette usage and 3 days of absolutely none.

Congrats on the 3 days to the "best" of your life! Just don't become a juice junkie like I have. LOL

DonDaBoomVape

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
South Florida
www.VapingGuides.com
Thanks, folks! I am overwhelmed and touched. [Of course, there are those who will say that I am touched in the head.;)]

Other than singing songs, being verbose, and liking lots of pretty pictures, I think my main contribution is vividly remembering how overwhelmed I was at the start. Most of my posts are written for that "me" of a year ago.

It's neat to know that I was not the only one who would find such information helpful. I think the fact that I am not technically astute has been an asset. I've had to struggle to explain all the technical stuff to myself (with the invaluable helping hands of so many here). Mainly I just share those explanations (quoting the text, photos, and videos of ECF's gurus) in posts.

Don't worry too much about the swelled head. It was puntured recently and has resumed its normal (if that is the right word) shape.

Col. Gaunt

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Chicago, IL
Lets hear it for the Don!
cool%20guitar%20boy.gif
clapping.gif
guitar2.gif
claping%20hands.gif
claping%20hands2.gif

Tracey081

Jun 26, 2010
Virginia
ICAM. I feel very fortunate that I found THIS forum, and was fortunate to read those DonDaBoomVape posts, before I bought a thing!

I've screwed up mainly on juices (flavors, nic levels, etc), but I'm on Day 15 and never really had an "off-day" because I got some decent equipment and juices from the start. (And the questions I've had have been knocked out of the park by other posters here!)

Actually, I think I googled Smoke51 for reviews, and came upon the fourth or fifth page of that DonDaBoom beginner's post, which then led me to look for the other pages, which then led me to register here. There's SO MUCH info here, but I still refer to DaBoom's intros when I get information overload.

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I'm among the many who have been rescued by Don's informative posts. It's a crying shame that there are probably thousands of people out there who haven't found this place or don't have internet access in order to glean the knowledge that we have come to take for granted. A big thank you to Don for taking the time to write and share what he's learned.

Another thing I want to commend him for is his ability to write with CLARITY.

Thanks Don!:thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread