Cartomizer Help - Best 2nd PV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Hey. After reading enthusiastic posts about cartomizers I decided to give one a try. I have a 4072 pen style PV and posters said the 801 cartos work with that, so I ordered 5 801 cartos from MadVapes. I get a stronger taste of the flavor, but little vapor and throat hit. I don't think it's the juice as I get a good "hit" with the regular atty and carts.
One thing I noticed is all the videos etc show cartos with a white plug at the top that you have to remove to fill. Mine have nothing. Just a flimsy mouthpiece that falls off all the time, then the filller with the little tube of cardboard in the middle. I am definately adding enough juice (burned the first one - won't ever do that again!) get a mouthful of it sometimes.:confused:
Anybody got any tips?
Anyway, loving vaping and considering upgrading to a better PV. Keep seeing raves about the EGO. Would that be a good second PV? What is the best kit and who's got the best prices?
Appreciate any advice. I love ECF! :laugh:

ChipHead

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Florida
An EGO or Riva 510 with a large battery and some BOGE LR cartos or dual coil carts would be a good choice. A lot of folks recommend Liberty Flights but I have had multiple problems with their EGO/RIVA batteries so I would stay away from them. Puresmoker.com has some 1000 mah batteries that I've had very good luck with. Buy a couple of those and a charger and your choice of cartos and enjoy.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Hey. After reading enthusiastic posts about cartomizers I decided to give one a try. I have a 4072 pen style PV and posters said the 801 cartos work with that, so I ordered 5 801 cartos from MadVapes. I get a stronger taste of the flavor, but little vapor and throat hit. I don't think it's the juice as I get a good "hit" with the regular atty and carts.
One thing I noticed is all the videos etc show cartos with a white plug at the top that you have to remove to fill. Mine have nothing. Just a flimsy mouthpiece that falls off all the time, then the filller with the little tube of cardboard in the middle. I am definately adding enough juice (burned the first one - won't ever do that again!) get a mouthful of it sometimes.:confused:
Anybody got any tips?
Anyway, loving vaping and considering upgrading to a better PV. Keep seeing raves about the EGO. Would that be a good second PV? What is the best kit and who's got the best prices?
Appreciate any advice. I love ECF! :laugh:

I use MadVapes 801 cartos about 80% of the time. From my experience, no 801 carto or atomizer does well on small battery devices such as the little 180 mAh battery that comes on a standard penstyle PV (personal vaporizer). To get the better flavor and warmth out of these cartos, it really requires a good variable volt or 5 volt PV. It's like "night and day" difference.

Both NHaler • Smoking Alternatives and Customer Login have different 801 cartos that you might want to try. If you stick with your current set-up you really might want a low resistence atomizer or carto if they make them in 801 size.

I would suggest looking at either Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - Great Lakes Vapor for the 5 volt GLV2 (request 801 connection) or Box Mods for one of Ken's 5 volt box mods for $37 and use a $4 adapter for using 801's. You would be surprised at the difference in vaping quality.

On keeping the rubber mouth piece in place on MadVapes 801 cartos if they are too loose, get a needle or pin, heat it at the stove burner and then put a few more "grooves" in the mouth piece in a couple of places where it fits into the carto and it will stay on quite well.

Note: if you really want one of the best PV's on the market, then look at the variable volt Darwin. 21+ hours on a charge for a heavy vaper, provides the ultimate in consistency and flexibility as well as doubles as a pass through. They are sold by nhaler.com.

Go Mountaineers!!

Last edited:

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
I have the ego and ego-T and it is a great device. I have had it now for about four months now. I have several pv's. I am always seeing what is out there and am always trying something new. In my opinion the ego is the best pv i have besides my mods. As faras vendors go I would check Cignot which is a great company. Vicki stands behind everything she sells and if you ever have a problem or issue she will fix it immediately. Another would be Liberty Flights I haven't had much dealings with them and only placed my first order with them last week I do know they have a twenty percent off discount Cignot don't but anything over fifty nine dollars ships free

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
Re your cartos - what PG/VG juice are you using? I find only thin juices flow well on cartos and give continued good performance and hits.. Thicker juices (30% VG or more) seem to make the carto stuffing more sluggish to air flow or a short time period so less vapor and weaker hits.

I am using all PG right now, although I want to try a mix soon.
Learned something this afternoon! If I adjust how tightly I screw the battery onto the carto it really makes a difference on the resistance for some reason. ie. hard to draw, loosen battery a little. too easy a draw tighten a little. If I get it just right, MUCH improved vape!
Anybody else got little hints like this? :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread