Not open for further replies.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
Smokeless image has the best 808 batteries, they're the same as the halo g6, but much cheaper. As far as cartomizer, again, the volt ones are the best because of the bottom horizontal coil. The design that they have makes them better IMHO. They don't burn as easy and last longer. I have tried others, including the ones from v4l, but nothing seems to compare. The v4l ones burned very easily.

What nice about SI is if you already have 808 stuff, you can purchase the x2 and clearomizers and they are all interchangeable.

I am currently trying the fluxomizers from gotvapes. So far I like them, but I only received the, today. I will say they are kinda cheaply made, especially when you consider they were $9 for 5. I wish I would have bought then Xl ones though. I figured the 1ml ones were the same length as the 1ml cartomizers,but they are shorter. But that doesn't count then drip tip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
.... I am currently trying the fluxomizers from gotvapes. So far I like them, but I only received the, today. I will say they are kinda cheaply made, especially when you consider they were $9 for 5. I wish I would have bought then Xl ones though. I figured the 1ml ones were the same length as the 1ml cartomizers,but they are shorter. But that doesn't count then drip tip

You should've gotten the XLs. They hold about 1.3-1.5ml. They may look cheap, but they won't crack on you, they never leak and you can take them apart and re-assemble them for cleaning. $9/5 isn't so much considering they outlive a regular cartomizer by 3 or 4 to 1. And, you don't have to use them with one flavor at time.

Here's a tip. Never take that silicone plug out until you've removed the tube from the assembly. Replace the plug before you slide the tube back on. The tube is hard to remove and properly replace with the tube in place. Fill it by jamming a needle between one of the flats of the plug and the wall of the tube.

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
You should've gotten the XLs. They hold about 1.3-1.5ml. They may look cheap, but they won't crack on you, they never leak and you can take them apart and re-assemble them for cleaning. $9/5 isn't so much considering they outlive a regular cartomizer by 3 or 4 to 1. And, you don't have to use them with one flavor at time.

Here's a tip. Never take that silicone plug out until you've removed the tube from the assembly. Replace the plug before you slide the tube back on. The tube is hard to remove and properly replace with the tube in place. Fill it by jamming a needle between one of the flats of the plug and the wall of the tube.

I know, I am really disappointed that I purchased the regular ones. So far I like it, except my cone got stuck over it and it came apart. I was able to put it back together and it seems to work.

I was thinking of ordering some xl from "my vapor store" or "Carolinavapes". Do you have any experience with them? I had an awful experience with gotvapes, but its not there fault. My package took 8 days because of the ny postal system. Now that they are moving, I'll try again, but orders will not be filled until next Thursday, so i figured I'd try someone else. My vapor store has two different ones. One is the ce2 plus and the other is the ultimate ce2. Do you know the difference. Or somewhere else to try?

Fezzed

Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Seattle wa
I've had my volt for two weeks. It's been great! Got some of their prefilled cartos and two packs of blank cartos. Then I ordered the sampler from Halo e-juice. So far the SI cartos have been preforming great. I've refilled one in particule at least seven times and it is still going strong. I've heard that boge cartos are also good so I plan to try those out.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I know, I am really disappointed that I purchased the regular ones. So far I like it, except my cone got stuck over it and it came apart. I was able to put it back together and it seems to work.

I was thinking of ordering some xl from "my vapor store" or "Carolinavapes". Do you have any experience with them? I had an awful experience with gotvapes, but its not there fault. My package took 8 days because of the ny postal system. Now that they are moving, I'll try again, but orders will not be filled until next Thursday, so i figured I'd try someone else. My vapor store has two different ones. One is the ce2 plus and the other is the ultimate ce2. Do you know the difference. Or somewhere else to try?

I dont have any experience with "my vapor store" or "carolinavapes". I do know that not ever CE2 or CE2+ is the same as a Fluxomizer. I've seen some where the tube is a different material. You have to look them over good. Especially make sure they're Vision and not another manufacturer. CE2 is a generic term for a top coil clearo and everyone uses it. The other thing is that the Fluxos were updated with some improvements very recently, hence the new name "Supreme". The CE2+ might be like the old Fluxos and the CE2 Ultimate might be the Fluxo Supremes. No telling in this business. Even if they were the same product at one time, they may not be the same product now, depending on the inventory turnover of the site in question. One thing about Gotvapes is that they work very closely with Vision and, sometimes, they have a product tweaked to their specification. For example, they'll be getting the new Vivi Novas in with long wicks. So, sometimes there are some things they have that aren't available elsewhere. I'm not sure if that's the case with the Fluxomizers, but it does happen.

Adam the Aussie

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2011
Australia
The Echo is the best 808 I've come across. Comes in 650mah & 1300mah, is an auto, comes with really good 3ml single coil cartos (you can get dual coil but the single coil is better) and your SI cartos will work with it. It is unregulated, comes off the charger at 4.2 volts. You can get CE4's (stardusts) for them if you prefer.

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
OK, an update. I love these fluxomizers on my Volt 78mm battery. These are awesome. They work great with the auto 78mm batteries. No leaks, I have turned it upside down and everything. These are going to be perfect for work. I just wish I bought the XL ones.

Sailorman, thanks for the recomendation. I do think I will just wait for Gotvapes to settle in in Texas. Hopefully, the shipping will be better now. I have one question though, What is the difference between the fluxomizer and the phoenix. I saw those and am wondering if they are better. Also, what is better, the top coil, or bottom coil?

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Honestly, I haven't used the Phoenix. There is some discussion about the relative merits of each of them on the Gotvapes forum if you want to wade through 90% chatter. I'll save you some time and just say that they both have their proponents. There didn't seem to be any consensus. My impression was that the people who preferred the Phoenix were having complaints about dry hits on the Fluxos. The Fluxo fans had no such problems. Unless you're a "vertical vaper" or use really thick juice, I don't see how they'd be much better. But again, I haven't tried them. I'm happy enough with the Fluxos.

In general, bottom coils are cooler, because the vapor has further to travel, and they usually wick thick juice better because they have gravity on their side. I use 70%VG and find the Fluxomizers do a good enough job with it. I had been using CE3 bottom coils and they were my favorite until I found Fluxos. My only complaint about the CE3s were juice being sucked up into the air tube, but since I switched, my CE3s just sit.

The other thing about bottom coils is they have more of a propensity to leaking at the bottom where the tube is. I think it has something to do with the heat there. The Phoenix comes in a top coil now. It didn't used to. So that may be a non-issue with them. I know I've never had leak one with the Fluxos. In fact, with certain drip tips that have a more narrow hole, I can remove the top plug entirely, hold it upside down, and it won't leak.

Last edited:

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread