Bench Test Results: Sinowatt 35HP - 10A 3350mAh 18650

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    These tests below only note my personal opinion for the ESTIMATED ratings for the batteries I tested at the time I tested them. Any battery that is not a genuine Samsung, Sony, Murata, LG, Panasonic, Molicel, or Sanyo can change at any time! This can be one of the hazards of using “rewrapped” or batteries from other manufacturers so carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of property damage, personal injury, or even death. Never use them outside of a fully protected battery pack and you use them at your own risk. Never exceed the battery’s true continuous discharge rating (CDR), never let it get colder than 0°C or hotter than 60°C, and keep the plastic wrap and top insulating ring in perfect condition. Never use a battery that is physically damaged in any way.

Testing batteries at their limits is dangerous and should never be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved, understands the risks, has the proper equipment, and takes all appropriate safety precautions.

If the battery has only one current rating number, or if it only says "max", then I have to assume the battery is rated at that current level for any type of discharge, including continuous.

IMG_3759.jpeg IMG_3760.jpeg IMG_3762.jpeg IMG_3761.jpeg

Test Results
    Important note…in spite of the “35” in the model number this is a 3350mAh (typical) rated cell.

I’m always interested in finding good performing ultra-high capacity cells but unfortunately this isn’t one of them. While this cell could be a decent choice for very cost-sensitive applications it can’t compete with the other great performing (longer running) cells that are available. Even the 2600mAh Molicel P26A runs for longer at 5A and 10A due to the P26A’s lower internal resistance.

There was a LOT of voltage sag at this cell’s 10A rating so I recommend staying down near 5A or lower.

The two cells I tested delivered 3378mAh and 3412mAh. This isn’t very good consistency but it does meet the cell’s minimum/typical spec of 3250mAh/3350mAh.

Continuous Current Discharge Graphs
    Sinowatt 35HP 18650 CC Tests - July 2023.jpeg

Ratings and Performance Specs Graphic
    IMG_6282.jpeg

18650 Ratings and E-Scores Table:

20700/21700 Ratings and E-Scores Table:

I want to work for the community full time! If you feel what I do is worth a couple dollars a month and you would like early access to battery availability, battery testing and news, and a say in what I test, then please consider becoming a patron and supporting my testing efforts: Battery Mooch | Patreon.

To see how other cells have tested check out this link: Links To All 21700, 26650, 18350, 18500 Battery Tests

Users who are viewing this thread