Status
Not open for further replies.

PosingOwl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2012
Clovis, NM
Hey everyone,

I tried a Blu e cig a few months ago and I would like to start gaping. I have been doing research.the past couple of weeks and my wife is going crazy about it. We both are smokers and we smoke about a pack a day. I was looking at the Volcano Inferno and I really liked the reviews and style of it. Until I found out that they do not ship international. I live in Bavaria, Germany and the rules for e cigs are not that clear.

I have been looking around and I found one called the Phantom HD by epuffer and I was wondering if anyone had tried it. I am looking for a good throat hit and to try different flavors as well. But Bavarian customs told.me that e liquid is considered as a medical liquid or something like that even tough I read that not all of Germany is like that. Maybe someone will be kind and clear this up for me. Any questions just ask and I will answer.

Thanks, PosingOwl

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
Hi PosingOwl, Welcome to ECF :)

I am not able to answer your questions but we have a forum here where there are other German member that would be more able to help you. You need to have 5 posts made before you can post in that section which is here.

Europe Forum

So if you would like to chat here I am happy to talk until you have your necessary 5 posts ;)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi and welcome to ECF. The laws presently concerning the Ecig in Germany are:
It is currently legal to buy and use electronic cigarettes in Germany, although they have been classed as a medical device in some states. Some Customs Officers are stopping these products.
Here's a German Ecig Forum:
Elektronisches Rauchen Forum
Good Luck.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
Oh that is a lot of money for cigarettes there. I am sure when you can talk to the other members in the forum that they will give you a lot of advice, to get what you need in Germany :) you need 2 more reply then the forum may take a little time before you can post in there. I smoked for 43 years and stopped with e cigs :)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
The Volcano Inferno is basically a rebranded eGo-T. Here's a reputable ECF listed vendor located in China that ships to Germany:
Shipping & Returns : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
and here's their ECF thread:
HealthCabin
5% discount Code: ECF

Also I would suggest you avoid the atomizer/ cartridge "tank system" as they are prone to leaks and the atomizers get clogged and need regular cleaning. I would suggest cartomizers but Boge and Smok Tech are presently having QC issues- horrible taste or burning out in 1-2 days. Maybe best to purchase a Vivi Nova tank system.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thanks it a real bummer to try to vape within this country. I would order it and send it to my mothers address, but anytime she ships me something it always stopped by customs. Have you heard of the brand I am referring to?

I really can't help you with answers, but I can help you get your post count up :p

My stepmom is originally from Germany and we are thinking about going there in May to visit her family. Will I have a problem getting my stuff through customs?!?!?

Welcome to ECF!!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Kind of. The voltage of the device is important but more important is the ohms of the delivery system you use with your PV. Realize the eGo, Volcano Inferno, Kgo/ Riva and the Phantom HD are all in the same class size wise but there are notable differences in performance.

Kgo Pic

http://i.imgur.com/indCC.jpg

Kgo Review

Different delivery systems:
atomizer/ atty- an element on to which 3-4 drops of juice is dripped- generally used for testing new juice because if the juice is foul tasting very easy to clean out

cartridge/ cart- a container with sponge (filled with juice) that is used with the atty- juice drips on to atty from cart and is vaporized- the original but outdated "tank system- prone to leaks and atomizer must be cleaned regularly.

cartomizer/ carto- metal tube with stuffing and element- Quality Control issues right now so I'd stay away from them.

carto+tank- a carto with a hole punched in it. Carto is than placed in a glass, metal or plastic tank which is filled with juice- juice saturates carto by way of hole in carto.

Clearomizer- a plastic or metal tank with a wick and element. Contains NO stuffing. The rebuildbales come with heads (coil+ wick) that can be cheaply and easily replaced. When the head burns out simply unscrew the old head out and screw in new head- takes 10 secs. My heads are lasting about 4 weeks BUT I wash the heads every few days. I've found the Vivi Nova to give the best draw- On some PVs the Stardusts have a tight draw.

Here's an Ohms to Voltage Chart:

GFxNF.jpg

Throat Hit/ TH is also dependent on the juice you buy and the nicotine strength- most new vapers begin at 18 or 24 mg nicotine
Juice Components
Flavoring usually about 15%
PG enhances flavor, TH and lung hit- water like
VG= vapor and can mute flavor- thick
Nicotine- TH, lung hit and our need for nicotine. The MOST important ingredient in regards to TH and lung hit.
Standards in the industry are 80/ 20 or 70/ 30 PG/ VG. I vape 70/ 30 PG/ VG.

I really do not know.what you mean there. I saw a video about an e cig with different volts, does that mean the higher the colts the more throat hit you will get?

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Here's the Vivi Nova 2.0 ml. They have a 3.5 but it's too large for the eGo class PVs and looks funny.
ElectronicStix.Com : ViVi Nova V2.5 2.0ML Twist on Replacable Coil TANK - ViViNova2ML comes with 3 heads BUT the 2.8 is generally too high of ohms to be used with the eGo Class. 1.8 ohms is best.
Here are replacement heads:
ElectronicStix.Com : VISION ViVi NOVA Twist-On Replaceable Coil Head 1.8ohm - vivi1.8head
Important that you get a non knockoff Viv Nova with LONG WICKS.
As for cartomizers the best ones are 2.0 Boge or 1.7 Smok Tech. For eGo Class always buy single coil cartomizers. As I mentioned though QC issues with them and it's hit and miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread