Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Good Lord people! Are you not seeing what is on the page in front of you??

"Before you ask why i cant buy this or that. I am in Baghdad/iraq. thats all the stuff thats available to us in a country where vaping is banned"

Maybe he doesn't have the resources in Baghdad as we do here in the good ole U.S. of A.

Y'all keep talking about flashlight batteries. Typical/standard flashlight batteries are what?? "AA", "AAA", "D"?? 10:1 those are probably readily available. Maybe 18650's aren't as easy to come by with a brand name on them?? And, no one on this entire forum has ever bought batteries from Amazon or eBay?? No one has ever used a rewrapped battery?? Have you ever heard of a battery company buying some other companies "seconds" or "thirds" and putting their wrap on them?? You could be using some of those batteries right now and not even know it!

He's doing the best he can with what he has available to him at the moment. Cut the guy some slack for crying out loud!

I believe those will be okay as long as you use the same batteries together as a set. The pink do look to be re-wrapped, and I am not liking the ripples in the sleeves over the wires. The Blue ones seem to have a better wrap. I would pick up a good charger with a meter so you can view what each battery is actually charging.
We've had soldiers in Baghdad have success getting AUTHENTIC SAFE batteries purchased and shipped to them.

IMO, this DANGEROUS, 3RD DEGREE BURN THREATENING route is not an option.

Here are some options...

18650 LG 18650HB2 1500mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

18650 Samsung INR18650-25R R5 2500mAh (GREEN) High Discharge FLAT Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

18650 LG 18650HB6 1500mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

18650 Samsung 3000mAh INR18650-30Q High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

18650 LG 18650HE4 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

18650 Sony US18650VTC4 2100mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

18650 LG 18650HE2 2500mAh High Discharge Flat Top - Batteries, Chargers, and PowerPax Carriers

Mooch's blog
Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Baditudes blog
(18) Baditude's Blogs | E-Cigarette Forum

Read through Baditudes blogs on batteries

Read through Mooch's blog completely

Pick one of the above batteries.

Check Mooch's stats on it.

Decide which one you want.

Purchase 6.

Done deal.

Tapatyped

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
We've had soldiers in Baghdad have success getting AUTHENTIC SAFE batteries purchased and shipped to them.

IMO, this DANGEROUS, 3RD DEGREE BURN THREATENING route is not an option.

soldiers get an APO address that follows them all over the world.
i am not a soldier.

just the other day i ordered TPA flavours ... the order was $60 dollars. then i had to ship it to a mail forwarding cmpany, www.myus.com and the only shipping thta can go to iraq is dhl/fedex. regular mail will get lost and/or never arrive. no working system in a corrupt country.
shipping cost me $57 dollars.

this is all for a bunch of flavour bottles 15mil each!

it'll be way too expensive.

my last option is to (A) put the rx200 in the drawer and go with what i have, the ipv3li -- since i have batts for it.
(B) mix batts (imrens and lgs). not a good idea.
(C) use these batts.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
soldiers get an APO address that follows them all over the world.
i am not a soldier.

just the other day i ordered TPA flavours ... the order was $60 dollars. then i had to ship it to a mail forwarding cmpany, www.myus.com and the only shipping thta can go to iraq is dhl/fedex. regular mail will get lost and/or never arrive. no working system in a corrupt country.
shipping cost me $57 dollars.

this is all for a bunch of flavour bottles 15mil each!

it'll be way too expensive.

my last option is to (A) put the rx200 in the drawer and go with what i have, the ipv3li -- since i have batts for it.
(C) use these batts.

How did you get the imren and LG batts?

At least they're known quantities with known chemistry and safety.

Can you get more of them?

Since illumn ships to Iraq, I'm sure they'll have Fedex and/or dhl.

It would at least be worth it to put six of any of those batts in a cart and check the shipping cost, no?

Tapatyped

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
I wrote how i got the lgs and imrens in the last past of page 3.

the four batteries that are original that I DO have, (2LG HG2, and the 2imrens) were brought to me when my brother visited from the US on his last trip.

And no i am not considering shopping the Batts it'll be way too expensive. It's either A, B or C

(A) put the rx200 in the drawer and go with what i have, the ipv3li -- since i have batts for it.
(C) use these batts.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Are you sure regular shipping is no good? It seems strange to me that residents can't receive regular mail. I just tried checking out at illumn.com with an Iraq address and shipping 6 batteries to Iraq is only $20 with USPS First class.

APFX6Dm.png

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
Are you sure regular shipping is no good? It seems strange to me that residents can't receive regular mail. I just tried checking out at illumn.com with an Iraq address and shipping 6 batteries to Iraq is only $20 with USPS First class.

no. regular mail is not an option. this is why companies like myus.com and other mail forwarding are in business for countries such as iraq, afghanistan and others. cause we dont have a reliable system.

as you can see from that checkout form fedex pricing for shipping. its crazy.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I wrote how i got the lgs and imrens in the last past of page 3.

the four batteries that are original that I DO have, (2LG HG2, and the 2imrens) were brought to me when my brother visited from the US on his last trip.

And no i am not considering shopping the Batts it'll be way too expensive. It's either A, B or C

(A) put the rx200 in the drawer and go with what i have, the ipv3li -- since i have batts for it.
(C) use these batts.
For the record, there's a pretty good chance option B is better than option C.

Tapatyped

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
update:
i managed to get 3 batteries from the shop that sold me the unit. he says he doesnt bring in brand names cause they hardly sell so he brings these in ... they are UNLABELED but he's told they are 2500mah batteries.
they all are the same color. no writing on the batteries at all. just pink in color (wrap)

i plopped into the rx200 and the work ok.

If he can get LG's, shouldn't he be able to special order you some, maybe 4 and it be way cheaper than you ordering from the states ?

Reactions: beckdg

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Shipping a package from the US to Iraq with a value of around $45 will cost about $100+ to ship. People who've grown up in the US just don't realize that a lot of crap can't be shipped outside the US, or if you can it's with a ridiculous shipping cost. Having grown in Puerto Rico, not the same, but there were many simple items that I wanted to buy online, but they could not be shipped to Puerto Rico. You were stuck buying the item locally for 2 to 3 times as much. And with countries like Iraq, some packages are just not guaranteed to get to you.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
Shipping a package from the US to Iraq with a value of around $45 will cost about $100+ to ship. People who've grown up in the US just don't realize that a lot of crap can't be shipped outside the US, or if you can it's with a ridiculous shipping cost. Having grown in Puerto Rico, not the same, but there were many simple items that I wanted to buy online, but they could not be shipped to Puerto Rico. You were stuck buying the item locally for 2 to 3 times as much. And with countries like Iraq, some packages are just not guaranteed to get to you.
well said.
howerver, now we are able to get them but at a hefty cost. mail forwarding companies like myus.com and others are in business profiting big bucks from said countries. also, dhl, fedex and tnt (another shipping carrier) profit massively.
most US born people live in a cocoon and arent aware of the world around them. its a f'ed up world we live in...

on another note. i am able to order from fasttech which is great but again -- $100 dhl shipping. totally not worth the hassle.

Reactions: Simply Red

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
I don't have any 3 battery mods so I wouldn't be able to tell you. Glad you're getting a good vape from your IPV3li. Do you know any other vapers in your area? Maybe you could ask them if they know of a way to get things shipped in with a better shipping cost. Have you asked your brother if maybe he can look around and find a way to ship things from the US to you at a more affordable price? Could be worth a shot if he's willing to do you a favor and look around a bit for some info.

You said that you only know of Fedex and DHL being able to deliver to you? If Fasttech still delivers to Iraq, I believe they have DHL. Not sure if you know about them, they're based in China and you can get authentic batteries from them from what I've read here. I haven't looked to see what they would charge but might be worth a look if you haven't.

Good luck finding new batteries, hope you can pull your RX200 out of the drawer soon and give it a try.

Reactions: gofishtx

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
in the meantime i am cracking on with my ipv3li. although I HATE the menu system .. i can never remember how to raise the watts LOL!
it seems to be ok.
and i am only vaping at 30Watts.

r u guys sure i cant put 2 lgs and 1 imren in the rx200? :)

You could run the 2 lg's and 1 imren if you treat all 3 as having a 17a CDR, one does have a different mAh so running till shutoff voltage 2.5 would not be advised AND externally charge
Battery drain

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Well, at least this...
finger-pointing-down-animation-gif.gif

...was better than this
bs.gif

Imren?
40A?

:facepalm:

Hope everything works out for ya.

I, personally don't have the patience for this thread.

Most of the good questions and information seems ignored.

Hopefully some patient saint will come along and not be ignored.

I'll call 2 for you.

@Baditude
@Mooch

HELP!

Tapatyped

you posted yesterday. Glad to see you found your patience and sainthood to actually give some productive advice.

5ajbeWB.gif

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Well, at least this...

...was better than this
bs.gif

you posted yesterday. Glad to see you found your patience and sainthood to actually give some productive advice.

5ajbeWB.gif

Sometimes...

You have to make a statement to be heard.

Sorry.

But it worked.

And the OP looks to have made the safer choice because of it.

I'd much rather make friends than enemies... but much rather see people vaping safe regardless.
well said.
howerver, now we are able to get them but at a hefty cost. mail forwarding companies like myus.com and others are in business profiting big bucks from said countries. also, dhl, fedex and tnt (another shipping carrier) profit massively.
most US born people live in a cocoon and arent aware of the world around them. its a f'ed up world we live in...

on another note. i am able to order from fasttech which is great but again -- $100 dhl shipping. totally not worth the hassle.
Is there a chance you know other people that might want to pool their money together to get something of quality?

Either by shipping it in to you or by way of convincing your local shop to get x-amount of say Samsung 25R's or something?

That way you can share the overhead and get a better price.

Tapatyped

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
I don't have any 3 battery mods so I wouldn't be able to tell you. Glad you're getting a good vape from your IPV3li. Do you know any other vapers in your area? Maybe you could ask them if they know of a way to get things shipped in with a better shipping cost. Have you asked your brother if maybe he can look around and find a way to ship things from the US to you at a more affordable price? Could be worth a shot if he's willing to do you a favor and look around a bit for some info.

no i dont know any vapers in my area. you guys have to understand when i say i am in a country where this stuff is not liked because the merchants that bring the ecigs in bring in the old style with the most horrible Chinese eliquid available in batches to make money. the best ones i saw at the moment are the subox minis. and even those are clones.
when JoeA tries this old-style ecig he immediately throws it cause its just nasty. cause the eliquid is overcharged and is (1) high in nicotine (2) chinese -- no flavour (3) high in pg.

i am one of the few maybe 100 in the whole country who actually seek out and know this stuff.

now, back to the battery issue.
today i went back to the shop that sold me the samsung batteries here in baghdad hoping maybe i can find another brand of battery. i talked to the guy i bought the samsungs from who apparently is an educated electrician ... he was laughing/angry at me saying a battery 18650 canT do 20A. he says thats impossible.
to be honest, i believe him. ... i am not sure how the marketing behind the 20A and 40A goes but its definitely misleading in the sense that you can generate 20Amps for the rx200 at any given second. even pulsing ... now. unless you can chain them. even then you cant get 20amps.
he kept talking about the "mush" in the battery and how its only able to generate so much power and never reach a max of 3-5amps.

Now. I saw at the shop where i bought the rx200 the guy tried those unlabeled 18650s in the rx200 they worked fine. he got no heat from the battery and there was no visible sign at all of any distress on the batt.
and according to the guy they are OK. so i am not taking a risk but thats what i saw/witnessed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread