batteries for the rx200

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
Ok so i have a new shiny rx200 and i am limited in my choice of batteries.
because i had bought my batteries for my original ipv3Li i bought two pairs (2 imren 3000mah, and 2 LG-HG2 3000maH).
Now. both these types of batteries are 3.7volts.

since i have four batteries, two of each kind, can i put 3 in the rx200? two lgs + 1imren or 2imren + 1LG?

and is this is a series mod or parallel?

i am not able to order these batteries as i am travelling. in worst case scenario what would happen if the recommendation is not to mix and i still do it?

update:
i managed to get 3 batteries from the shop that sold me the unit. he says he doesnt bring in brand names cause they hardly sell so he brings these in ... they are UNLABELED but he's told they are 2500mah batteries.
they all are the same color. no writing on the batteries at all. just pink in color (wrap)

i plopped into the rx200 and the work ok.

Last edited:

dionysuskiss

Cloud Dancer
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2014
Dallas,Texas
DO NOT DO THIS. I am assuming that because you bought these batteries for a different mod, they have already been used. So straight away, they are uneven. But more importantly, these two batteries have different amp ratings (imren 40A, LG 20A) . It would be very dangerous to mix the 2 . Worst case scenario? Venting , exploding, etc. Wait until you can get a married 3some, and keep your face and hands.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
because i had bought my batteries for my original ipv3Li i bought two pairs (2 imren 3000mah, and 2 LG-HG2 3000maH).

since i have four batteries, two of each kind, can i put 3 in the rx200? two lgs + 1imren or 2imren + 1LG?

i am not able to order these batteries as i am travelling. in worst case scenario what would happen if the recommendation is not to mix and i still do it?

What is the maximum wattage you'll be using with the RX200?

Reactions: beckdg

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands

The RX200 is a 3x 18650 series mod, (far and above, the best of its type). Yes, of course, you can mix your batts. Whether or not it's advisable to do that is another story. Eff an Imren. :)

Buy a 3rd LG HG2, (or 3 Samsung 30Q's), and marry them to the RX200. Ideally; you'd have 6+ LG HG2's or 6+ Samsung 30Q's assigned to this duty, for the very best performance. ;)

Last edited:

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
What is the maximum wattage you'll be using with the RX200?
i'll never even reach 65 or 70.

cant it work with only 2?

so once again you guys have managed to confuse my little brain.

dionysuskiss says i shouldnt and thus i was freaked out an accident may happen.
then, 7sixtwo says it is "do-able" but not advisable.

and no as i said i am not in a place where i can get original batteries like i have the imren or LGs. most batteries here ARE 18650 but unlabeled and scary. they're just either pink or blue or whatever. no name on them. (this is the local market)

by the way, the batteries i have now, the four (2imren and 2lgs) have really never been used. i never got to play with the ipv3li. maybe just to power it up using the lgs and thats it. like not even an hours time. so they are new.

Last edited:

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City

Do not mix batteries, discharge any batteries you are not using to 3.62 and let them sit there until you will use it again, for the rx200 it is recommended you get brand new batteries that will be used together, mixing is not recommended

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville

Your problem is still the same as with the ipv3, UN balanced charging port, not any one cell is getting an equal charge, so one battery may be @ 4.2v while the other two are 3.9v, not a pretty scenario when those 3.9's get down to 2.8v, I think the worst part of all is you not understanding how max CDR to amp limit to volts from watts applied works, not to mention one cell not being equal ( brand wise / CDR ) to the other.
Battery drain
Imren 40A 3000mAh 18650 Bench Retest Results...only a 17A battery, damaged at 30A

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg

Simply Red

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
I'm here, when I'm here
Here's another thing. Yes. It is a series mod but, it's a regulated series mod meaning, it won't let you "over do" the batteries with whatever build you put on it. It just won't fire if you build too low. Still, better to get 3 "like" batteries and not mix different amperage batteries.

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
you would think that the chip would be able to control the voltage input/current and thus protect the user. its a regulated mod afterall. is this functionality not implemented?

and when was the last time we heard of a mod blowing up or causing injury just because we mixed batteries?

i honestly -- using my little tiny brain -- can conclude that will all the research i did upon posting this thread and the replies from you guys that the worst thing that can happen is if i one battery is too low it'll affect the rest.

and to put my mind at ease i think i'll just throw this mod in the drawer and use the ipv3li until i can scoop 3 batts same everything.

Last edited:

aalmosawi

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2016
Baghdad
update:
i managed to get 3 batteries from the shop that sold me the unit. he says he doesnt bring in brand names cause they hardly sell so he brings these in ... they are UNLABELED but he's told they are 2500mah batteries.
they all are the same color. no writing on the batteries at all. just pink in color (wrap)

i plopped into the rx200 and the work ok.

Reactions: Simply Red

Captain Pegleg

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2015
Arkansas
i'll never even reach 65 or 70.

cant it work with only 2?

so once again you guys have managed to confuse my little brain.

dionysuskiss says i shouldnt and thus i was freaked out an accident may happen.
then, 7sixtwo says it is "do-able" but not advisable.

and no as i said i am not in a place where i can get original batteries like i have the imren or LGs. most batteries here ARE 18650 but unlabeled and scary. they're just either pink or blue or whatever. no name on them. (this is the local market)

by the way, the batteries i have now, the four (2imren and 2lgs) have really never been used. i never got to play with the ipv3li. maybe just to power it up using the lgs and thats it. like not even an hours time. so they are new.

I've had the RX200 for 4 months or so. I like the idea of just buying three new, same-make batteries.

Then I consider that batteries are cheaper bought in twos of fours. Then I consider that the RX200, in my experience, can take unevenly-charged batteries and return them to similar charges, as well as the fact it charges to no more than 4.1 volts (again, this is speaking only for my unit.) marrying batteries is a good safety guideline but I trust this mod will warn me when one or more batteries is too low.

I hate to go against generally accepted good advice, which is, buy three new brand-new identical batteries.

But I also feel like brand-new batteries with different claimed specs, as long as the real specs are above what is required for your atomizers, is fine.

So sue me.

Reactions: 7sixtwo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread