Batteries for Mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoMoreCope

Apr 17, 2014
United States
So, with ReosMods making their exit, I ordered a fresh Grand, and my first Mini.

In my haste, I didn't realize that 18490/18500 batteries aren't nearly as easy to acquire as their 18650 counterparts... or, at least, the sources aren't as mainstream.

Do the Mini users have any well trusted sources for these batteries? Preferably AW IMR? I've read a few things that point towards there being a lot of counterfeits, and I'm a little concerned with where I get them from.

Thanks!

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Aw is not making anymore batts since their factory was flooded years ago. No idea if they ever will come back as it seems like it's been 2 years now.

Hopefully someone has info on other batteries as I have a few minis now as well but lucky enough to have 3 aw 14500 that are like new still from years ago.

elencius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
North Carolina
Would any of these work in the Reo mini? I have a mini too so need to find batts too! 14500 Batteries [AA Lithium] - Battery Junction
I have used some of the efest 700 mah imrs shown and they have worked pretty well for me. Is battery junction a good company? Isn't it mooch that does all the testing and has a list of reliable vendors? I need to check it - I have need for some 14500s too!

Reactions: bnrkwest

elencius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
North Carolina
I have used some of the efest 700 mah imrs shown and they have worked pretty well for me. Is battery junction a good company? Isn't it mooch that does all the testing and has a list of reliable vendors? I need to check it - I have need for some 14500s too!
Additional on the efests: I just looked at the ones I have. They are marked V1 and V2; flat top and button top respectively. The ones listed at battery junction are flat top, but not labeled with V1. Everything else looks the same - my 14500s are pretty old too. I'm afraid I've just brought more questions than answers, but I wanted to give you this info.

Reactions: bnrkwest

elencius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
North Carolina
Yes it's a Lp mini 2.1, just found my invoice from way back when :)
I know Rob always advised using button tops, but I've used 18500 flat tops in my 2.1s and they work well.
@SteamStack - what would we do without you? And how did your daughter's homecoming thing go? Scare off any young men?

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Horselady154

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
United States
I see some EFEST IMR 14500 Li-Mn 700maH HIGH DRAIN Rechargeable Battery 3.7V -BUTTON TOP on ebay that look interesting.. no info on them other then hunting for reviews.
Never ever buy batteries off of Ebay. They are frequently re-wraps and aren't at all what they say they are and that can be dangerous.

Reactions: elencius

TheBikeGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2014
Dry Ridge, Kentucky, USA
So, with ReosMods making their exit, I ordered a fresh Grand, and my first Mini.

In my haste, I didn't realize that 18490/18500 batteries aren't nearly as easy to acquire as their 18650 counterparts... or, at least, the sources aren't as mainstream.

Do the Mini users have any well trusted sources for these batteries? Preferably AW IMR? I've read a few things that point towards there being a lot of counterfeits, and I'm a little concerned with where I get them from.

Thanks!
I made the same mistake. I bought one simply because I have the others. I had a Mini years ago, but I prefered the Grand. I also have a couple of 14500 Minis. The 14500s are still easy to get.

Reactions: elencius

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I know Rob always advised using button tops, but I've used 18500 flat tops in my 2.1s and they work well.
@SteamStack - what would we do without you? And how did your daughter's homecoming thing go? Scare off any young men?

Ok I guess.. but had to see 2 kids making out 10 feet from us at our post for like over an hour before we found some teacher to mention it to and he grabbed the kid and had a talk with him.. and that was over..

Was just disgusting how they didnt have a care in the world being out in the open at the back of the crowd where everyone could see them and going at it like that and force us to watch it! No one else was doing that crap.

Yeah I went and found her in the crowd and embarrassed her good with all her friends..haha.

Way too much going on that day.. had 61 or so people over just to meet at our house and take pictures out front and then goto a park close by for more photos.. then the dinner out with all of her friends. Then the Homecoming.. then an after party at a friends.. and then finally a sleep over at another friends house with a bunch of girls..

No thanks! Now dealing with her super tired out crabby but today.

elencius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
North Carolina
Ok I guess.. but had to see 2 kids making out 10 feet from us at our post for like over an hour before we found some teacher to mention it to and he grabbed the kid and had a talk with him.. and that was over..

Was just disgusting how they didnt have a care in the world being out in the open at the back of the crowd where everyone could see them and going at it like that and force us to watch it! No one else was doing that crap.

Yeah I went and found her in the crowd and embarrassed her good with all her friends..haha.

Way too much going on that day.. had 61 or so people over just to meet at our house and take pictures out front and then goto a park close by for more photos.. then the dinner out with all of her friends. Then the Homecoming.. then an after party at a friends.. and then finally a sleep over at another friends house with a bunch of girls..

No thanks! Now dealing with her super tired out crabby but today.
Just... Wow. I'd want to sleep for two days after the one you had Sounds like you kept everything in hand though - nice work there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread