Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleTa2

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone...

I really enjoy Baja Blast Mountain Dew soda (available from Taco Bell here)

befor I sit down to down 88oz of this nectar trying to figure out what flavors are in it, I thought I would ask all of you if you have a recipe for it.
It would obviously be comprised of mainly Mountain Dew flavor...but what else to add to it to give it the Baja Blast flavor?

any ideas?

thanks
Geo

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Hmm just some thinking out loud here. I've never heard of this drink, as I haven't drank soda in a long while, but I hear theres a DIY version of this drink as blue powerarde + regular mountain dew + ice. Therefore a recipe might look something like

Mountain Dew
Blueberry Candy
Champagne
Menthol
Koolada
A lot of sweetener

You could even get creative and throw in smaller percentages of pineapple or blackberry or something like that. Good luck in your quest kind sir.

CheekyChica

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Las Vegas Nevada
www.youtube.com
I've never tried Mt. Dew Baja Blast, but looking at a site talking about produce in the Baja area it does have a list of popular fruits that come from that area.

"Citrus fruits, particularly limes, grapefruit and several kinds of oranges are delicious and sweet. Dates, Coconuts, Bananas, Plantains, Mangos, Papaya, and Melons are readily available at small and large vegetable markets. These are only some of the fruits and vegetables travelers may find in many of the restaurants and groceries in Baja California Sur."

That may narrow down the flavors a bit for ya.

http://http://www.bajaatlas.com/mexican-cuisine-baja-style/

Actually, that sounds awesome! I may have to try bananna, coconut, lemon/lime, mango and melon combo! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread