Bad Taste and Smell from the Genesis Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cckk

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Poland
articus,

Thanks for that recommendation but I saw a few reviews by PBusardo including that particular one when I did my research. The reviews made by him and the other guys convinced me to buy Smoktech Natural with RSST Atomizer.

As for the method of making coils and wicks I prefer so called “petar k method”. It’s clean, simple, reliable, and repeatable – I modified it a bit to my needs. Because I use that method I don’t oxidize the wick. Of course I align the air hole with the wick. I ground the Mod’s case elements a bit (about 0.25 mm) and now the switch is on the opposite side to the air hole so I can grab the Mod the right way without looking where’s the air hole.

As for VG juices they aren’t for me because of the medical reasons. I reported that in the post #16 in “Tobacco, glycerol, 24 mg; provog” section.

Last edited:

cckk

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Poland
One week after I quit smoking the cigarettes completely I decided to try Dekang liquids – which I blamed above – once again. I tried Desert liquid which I considered earlier the worst together with DK-TAB one. Revisiting Desert liquid was for me the great surprise. For a few first minutes I felt very weak oily taste which disappeared then below the distinct aroma. Now that subtle oily scent is barely palpable in the background from time to time.

I wondered what caused that change. I see two reasons: 1) my taste changed and I’m accustomed now to that oily note; 2) I mastered making the wicks so they work now as they should. I think that the reason of described above unpleasant sensations were poorly made wicks. As I reported I use “petar k method” so I don’t oxidize the wicks.

After a few days of trials I mastered preparing the wicks. Now I wash the mesh with warm water, dry it with a tissue, warm it lightly from both sides with a gas lighter, roll it to make a wick, moisture the wick with a liquid and torch it with the gas lighter, and finally warm it a bit with the gas lighter once again. After inserting the wick into the coil and the wick hole I cut the excessive wick which towers over the center bolt and I glow the coil a few times to test it so – as a result – I oxidize a bit the top of the wick.

So sorry Dekang for blaming you. Dekang liquids are much better than it seemed to me at the beginning.

cckk

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2013
Poland
I worked hard testing the liquids made by two manufacturers which I mentioned above. After I found the right method of making the coils and the wicks I was able to test and compare these liquids. Here are the results:

Dekang:
– LM Nous – dry, tobacco.
– Pal-mal – sweet.
– Desert – very sweet.
– DK-TAB – very sweet.
– Lucky color – a bit oily at the beginning; then a bit sweet.
– Doff – oily most of the time.

Trendy:
– Tobacco – well... tobacco.
– Standard M. – aromatic, tobacco.
– L-M – neutral, almost tasteless.
– Virginia – aromatic, greasy.
– Camel – burnt taste, nauseous, unacceptable.

I tried to put the better liquids above the worse ones. So you can try first two liquids made by any producer but I recommend to avoid the last two ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread