Backwoods Brew Applewood (amazing!) & 555 (worst juice ever) reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoo

Nov 18, 2010
Maryland
This is my second review, both arrived this afternoon- so this is a pre-steeping review.

--

Applewood 24nic

Flavor: Believe the hype- Applewood is quite possibly one of the most amazing and mellow liquids I've ever tried. This is without a doubt going to be my everyday vape. Even 30 minutes after I took delivery the flavor and quality of the juice is incomparable- it's simply on another level. On inhale you get a granny smith apple taste with a VERY slight hint of cedar. The inhale is unbelievably crisp and mildly sweet- this is definitely not a candy juice! On exhale the tobacco flavor mixes in with with the apple to create a very unique experience. It's not overpowering but it's not so mellow to the point that you can hardly taste it. It is... a unique experience and definitely a product I will buy many times over! I can't wait to see how steeping will effect the flavor- I'm definitely excited.

Throat hit: As I've said in other posts- I'm big on the throat hit! Well, if you're like me... worry not. Applewood delivers. It's not your typical strong throat hit where it's harsh, strong and lingers for 5 seconds. It is... more of an immediate WHAM and then it quickly disappears so you can enjoy the flavor of the juice. Easily one of the best TH experiences I've had lately.

--

555 24nic

NOTE: Keep in mind that this second part of the review is a personal opinion and is not meant to damage the reputation of BB. Their shipping was TOP NOTCH, I respect the owner and like I said above: I LOVED one of their products. I just happen to really dislike their 555.

Flavor: Um, where to begin. Before I begin with my flavor review I have to admit... I'm glad I bought the smallest bottle available because this is without a doubt the worst juice I've ever vaped. Actually, correction! This is the worst flavor I've ever tasted in my entire life. Backwoods Brew depicts 555 as, "Our 555 is a complex blend of authentic home brewed tobacco flavors with a nutty undertone that you will appreciate." I couldn't disagree more with their description. On inhale I tasted an awkward combination of a super glue (or what I'd imagine it to taste like), tobacco and an indistinguishable flavor I could only compare to moldy food. The exhale was unfortunately the same experience. Backwoods Brew 555 is easily the worst juice I've ever tried. Period. Truth be told, I nearly threw it away because I have absolutely no interest in keeping it in my possession.

Throat hit: I have no recollection of a throat hit due to the fact I was gagging.

--

One amazing all-praise review... and the second one. Enjoy!

Last edited:

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Haha, I am with you, the BWB 555 doesn't do it for me either. It's the only eliquid I have ever tried that gave me a headache. It didn't taste the way you described, it just didn't do it for me in the least.

Rock on with the applewood though, a truly mellow vape that really satisfies later in the day when you are just relaxing.

:) :)

Kram7

Oct 5, 2010
NY
I always keep some BwB 555 around to change things up and clear my pallet. When the other BwB flavors seem to lose there magic from over vaping I reach for my 555. Ill vape it for about a day, enjoy it then go back to my other BwB flavors and the magic is back.

555 defiantly has a place in my rotation. Sometime you just feel like a little 555.

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
I always keep some BwB 555 around to change things up and clear my pallet. When the other BwB flavors seem to lose there magic from over vaping I reach for my 555. Ill vape it for about a day, enjoy it then go back to my other BwB flavors and the magic is back.

555 defiantly has a place in my rotation. Sometime you just feel like a little 555.

yea i like the 555 too. but i get no nut from it.

I tried the 555 in a prefilled carto - (I was 2 days new into vapine I didn't knwo any better about prefilled) when I put my lips onto the end of the carto I was reluctant to inhale cause the dry drag was nearly enough to gag me. It did have the same flavor that twoo described. However I did it anyways, and oh boy wished I hadn't it has been by far the worst vaping experience I have had to date. I bought two of them and threw them both away. I read the bad, good and the ugly on anything I am research, I take into consideration for the most part, but usally decide to give it try. I know a lot people say they like this, but man I will not try it again.

Twoo

Nov 18, 2010
Maryland
I tried the 555 in a prefilled carto - (I was 2 days new into vapine I didn't knwo any better about prefilled) when I put my lips onto the end of the carto I was reluctant to inhale cause the dry drag was nearly enough to gag me. It did have the same flavor that twoo described. However I did it anyways, and oh boy wished I hadn't it has been by far the worst vaping experience I have had to date. I bought two of them and threw them both away. I read the bad, good and the ugly on anything I am research, I take into consideration for the most part, but usally decide to give it try. I know a lot people say they like this, but man I will not try it again.

Interesting that you had a similar experience as I did with 555. Oh well.

On another note- I split my mix in to 2 bottles added 5 drops of sweetener in to one of the Applewoods to switch it up a bit and see how it works. Going to let both steep for a week and then try em' again =)

evnan111

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Florida
I've tried alot of different companies. BWB is just on a different level over the others. People that like FSusa I think to myself that it's probably because they have never tried BWB. It's just on a different level of sophistication in flavor, layers of flavor, and the 70/30 mix is perfect. AND it has never killed one of my atties...They have lasted longer actually. I've noticed..

I just tried BWB Virginia that I bought a month ago and tonight it tastes very flavorful and good. Because I'm 0mg nicotine now. (Flavor and throat hit are even more important to me.)

My strong flavor favorite is BWB RY4. Most like an analog to me is Hunter's Blend. Layers of flavor and the vapor breaks just like a cigarette. Expresso and Peach. Today was Hunters Blend. Tonight is Virginia, and then back to my RY4 for a nightcap.. Would always try more mild flavors working up to stronger.

I tried FSusa hoping I would love one of them of course. And didn't. Everybodies taste buds are different. If you didn't like 555 then you go to another one, and then come back to the 555. It may turn into what the Virgina did for me tonight.

Have probably bought 10 or so flavors from BWB and can honestly say not one did I not like. Just some I liked more than others. Everybodies taste buds are different. But the quality of BWB is definitely there above the others.

It will be interesting to see the improvements in liquids down the road with more USA companies coming to the forefront. And more sophisticated tasteful eliquids like BWB.

Last edited:
Interesting that you had a similar experience as I did with 555. Oh well.

On another note- I split my mix in to 2 bottles added 5 drops of sweetener in to one of the Applewoods to switch it up a bit and see how it works. Going to let both steep for a week and then try em' again =)

I don't think I mentioned and I certainly want it to be clear that it was not BWB 555 .... That is creative Twoo Let us know in week how it came out

TrippH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2010
Little rock
I have bought bwb's applewood, 555, watermelon, peach, honey flue, ry4, and maxboro. I didn't like the maxboro and don told me that was his base without flavorings. I don't get that because it's kinda sweet and has a flavor I don't get from the other juices. Oh well, he does make em, lol...

My favorite are a toss up between the 555 and the ry4 with applewood right on their tails. To each their own I guess. It is a uniqe 555 though and took me a few drags to get it. I don't understand the big deal about fsusa either when there's backwoods brew. Again, to each their own.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    You didn't find 555 to be a tobacco vape? That's odd, it is the second most like an analogue juice I have. I enjoyed it right out of the box. Be sure to try it again! I really love it!

I will definatly try it again. BWB is my major supplier but out of the mailer 555 had no tobacco flavor at all or even one I liked. I vape on 2 eGo's and a 510 but have a Buzz on order and maybe that will make a difference.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread