Status
Not open for further replies.

AlmightyGod

My friends call me A.G.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2010
Vaping Heaven
Thats really interesting... I didn't think "steeping" could change that much about a juice, I thought color, sure I have seen that but I have never experienced the real flavor change so many people talk about. I thought most of it was due to palette and atomizer acclimation. I wonder what it is that changes so much... the only thing I know for certain is that liquidized nicotine does oxidize and turns darker as it does that, thats probably where the color change comes from, but I wonder what the ingredients are that change as well?

I'm somewhat baffled as well. I thought the Nic level might be affected too, but it almost seems stronger than when I got it. Since I introduce as little fresh air into the bottle as possible, I'm attributing the color change to a multitude of chemical reactions happening in there.

For example...Blueberry smells a bit perfume like when I first get a new bottle, but not a perfume taste. If I seal it tight & just shake on occasion, the perfume smell goes away & the flavor deepens. Given there is a 1/2 ml of air in the top of the bottle, so I'm sure some oxidation occurs, there is a definite addition to the flavor density.
I agree that some juice might not get much benefit from steeping, because it tastes like crap regardless.
IMO, anyone who doesn't believe that steeping doesn't do at least something to the mixture, needs to take a chemistry class.
Wine is made using a chemical reaction. The bottles are turned every so often. I don't think Nic juice is any different in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread