Awful at math

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucentShadow

ECF Veteran
Dec 28, 2011
Michigan, USA
Good answers. Here's how I think of the calculations:

The nicotine concentration should be expressed as 18mg/ml, but the industry (and community) generally use the poor shorthand of just mg. That means 18 milligrams per milliliter of liquid. A good way to figure mixes is to calculate the total mg content of the mix, and divide it by the total ml of the mix, giving mg/ml.

2 * 10ml * 18mg/ml + 2 * 10ml * 0mg/ml
360mg + 0mg = 360mg of nic, total (in 40 ml of liquid, total)

360mg / 40ml = 9mg/ml

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
Just because some one goes through 10ml aday does not mean that It is all metabolized. Some people have great efficient devices that burn through the liquid and make big clouds. Some (like me) have smaller devices and I am more like a tea sipper. I do 2 or 3 ml aday and I chain vape! (many small little poofs) Do what you need. If you start getting nauseous its time to slow down. The thing about it is that if you are getting sick feeling, it tends to go away fast.(at least for me, 15 mins) Good luck

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have never felt sick or dizzy... except for these allergies here in Georgia

That's what is important Gina. There is no solid nicotine intake correlation between smoking and vaping. There are a lot of variables too, so we may only ever be able to say that if you inhale a certain way and vape at 'X' power on 'Y' device you'll get between 'B' and 'C' amount of nic in your blood.

Until that gets figured out, all we have to go on is not getting nic-sick and still getting enough to keep us from smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread