Avoid Greensmoke e-cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

uber

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
Minnesota
Ok. This is my story.

Bought the greensmoke e-cig less then a week ago, thinking its got a 30 day money back guarantee, and if I didn't like it or like a different model, I could send it back and get a refund.

Wow...

I just had a long discussion with a rep there, and turns out I am unable to get a refund as there is some small, dot like, paint chips on the battery from being in my pocket.

I first talked with GS yesterday and asked a simple question. "What will void my warranty?"

Response from GS rep: "nothing"

Knowing that this was wrong or just a sales trick (as I told them that i was a potential customer), I talked to them again today.

I started off asking if paint chips on the battery would void the warranty. Apparently, putting the device in my pocket is not covered by the warranty, and the unit must be placed in the $10 case (sold separately), or in the case that everything came in. They just happened to leave this part out of the refund policy. Since there is paint chips, they considered this device damaged. He then sent me the link to the Return policy which states:

"All other retail items, excluding cartridges can be refunded within 30 days of purchase subject to a 15% restocking fee. Misused or broken products will not be refunded."

I then got in a discussion with him how the product was not misused or broken, rather just has normal wear on the paint.

All in all, he asked for my account information and stated that he would need to talk to his superior. Since I do not trust this company anymore, I did not provide my information, and will be contacting his superiors directly later.

If you are planning on trying this 30 day BS, try another product. If this turns out differently after talking to the superiors, I will update.

I might just be venting, but thought others would like to know..

uber

ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2010
Minnesota
Why are you wanting to return it? Is there something else wrong with it? Do you simply not like it? What's the rest of the story?

Lol.. sorry didn't realized I left some things out.

The unit itself is working fine, and I do like it. However after doing a lil research, I found that is basically a relabeled marked-up E9. I haven't actually made up my mind if I was going to return it or not.

I recently ordered a Vapor King, and was gonna compare the two and see which one I like better. If the Vapor King is just as nice, I was gonna return the GS since it was $50+ more (just for the starter kit). Plus Vapor King has more flavors and cheaper carts.

I was just worried that the paint scratches would in fact void the warranty, and wanted clarification before I received the vapor king if it would void the warranty.

At this point I just want to return the GS due to the poor customer service and just see how the Vapor king works. If I had just done a lil more research before jumping the gun and buying the GS, I could have saved some $$$

Norby

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Emporia, Kansas
When I called to return mine, they didn't even ask why - they just gave me an address to send it to. What happened after that was weird.

I sent the package Priority Mail with Signature Confirmation. After a couple of days, tracking showed that delivery was attempted, and that notice was left. (no one was home?) After almost a week, no one had picked up the package from the post office. I called them and asked what's up, and they said they received it, and credited my card. But tracking still showed it as sitting in the post office.

Finally, USPS sent it back to me since it went unclaimed for so long. So I still have the unit, and use it as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread