automatic eGo batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

oso

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone!
I'm new on vaping. Just purchased my first e-cig a few weeks ago (KR808D-1) with the automatic batteries. The battery life's only about 2-4 hours so I'm wanting to upgrade.

I've heard so many great reviews about the new Janty eGo and have decided to purchase one. I'm just debating on whether to go with the manual or automatic batteries. I saw one review by Stubear that said they require a lot of suction.

Have any of you used the automatic eGo batts and what have been your take on it? I'd like to experiment with direct dripping and was also wondering if this might be a problem (isn't there a hole in automatic batts that the fluid could seep in?)

Again, all comments are welcome!

Happy vaping!

Jimi Mack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Long Island
The eGo is available as a Auto and Manual. With an Auto you do take the risk of destroying the battery if you drip because of the hole in autos. I saw Stu's review as well and I prefer to stay with a manual for the fact the Auto will activate by sound waves. Which means when in your pocket and you are in a loud place say a bar or club or even if the window is open in your car the unit can be turned on. But to each their own...

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Here's another vote for the manual batteries. Being a 510 user already I was aware of flooded atty's. On the regular 510 you could see the juice leak out of the battery connector. I've flooded my eGo once and figured I'd just vape through it (as I've always done with my 510). I had no idea just HOW bad it was flooded until I took off the cone and a TON of juice had leaked through. If I had a auto battery, I'm sure it would have been toast.

Worst case scenario.. Buy the manual and if you find you don't like having to push the button, you could sell it in the classifieds pretty quick and get the auto.

oso

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Thanks for responses everyone!

Update:

About five days I decided to just go with the automatic eGo set. Janty was out of manual sets at the time and I was growing impatient. I figure I can eventually buy a manual battery down the road to experiment with the direct dripping technique. Plus, I like to keep my ecig in my pants pocket and I'm sort of concerned about the button being accidentally pushed. I heard that this has been a problem for some users.

This site is such a wonderful place to share ideas. Thanks again for all the feedback!

I should be receiving it sometime today so I'll post everyone my first impressions. Anyone else who has the Auto eGo is welcome to give their two cents as well.

Happy Vaping!

oso

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Raleigh, NC
My eGo has finally arrived!

As you can imagine, I'm incredibly stoked. Funny, the atomizer came with a completely empty cartridge attached to it. I vaped it a couple of times and was wondering why it tasted like nothing.

Popped on a prefilled cart and am really happy with the amount of vapor and throat hit! Has a little bit of a plasticky taste to it though. Any of you have this happen? I'm wondering if I just need to "break it in" or something.

oso

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Raleigh, NC
Oso,

The taste you are referring to is more likely the primer that comes on every atty. Just blow though the battery end of the atty and then put a few drops of juice on the atty it's self. This should help, remember it can take a few days for an atty to fully break in.

Right on...

Thanks Jimi Mack. I've been using it for most of the day now and no longer have that burnt taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread