Automatic batteries on higher powered devices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporbird

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2011
Bronx
When I bought my first kit more than one person advised me to get at least one manual battery, and I do see some advantages with manual batteries. But, ai still ove my automatics, (I have a 510-T from Cignot and two 901's from Vapor 4 Life.) A lot of people made it sound like the auto draw was just a gimmick, something new users like, but something that one might grow out of as you learn more.

This hasn't been the case for me.

I've noticed as one moves up the scale of quality and price automatic batteries are more scare. I was pretty hard to even find an automatic ego battery (have not bought it yet, still looking at reviews)

could there be such a thing as an automatic "mod" or a VV automatic even? Maybe something that has a switch to change it from manual to automatic?

Is there a technical reason why this can't happen?

I know some tanks are incompatible with automatics... but I can't find a good breakdown of the reasons why.

Also are there any other automatic fas out there? What do you like best about it?

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
I don't know the answer to that, but very little seems impossible these days.

As you know, there's the problem that auto batteries are not sealed, and therefore e-juice can leak in from your carto or atty or whatever and ruin them.

It seems to me that there should be a solution to that. Like relocate the pressure switch or something, or otherwise protect the battery and switch from ejuice. If the pressure switch was not in the battery compartment, for instance, then the battery could be sealed. Half the problem solved. Then, how to protect the switch...?

Personally, I prefer manuals, but I know people who would prefer autos. I'm watching this thread.

Last edited:

JustaGuy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Beyond The Sea
Hi vaporbird,

As Fish said, there are a few auto fat batts.

I've used 808 autos and liked them, but personal preference led me to manuals. Been using Rivas, testing e-Power now. Manuals gives me a little more control of the vape. I can pre heat the PV a couple seconds for a stronger vape or more vapor and release the button before finishing draw to ensure all vapor exits atty, less condensation. With autos, the first part of your draw only activates batt.

I liked the feel of the autos, more like smoking. And you don't have to align the PV button all the time. I'm not saying one is better than the other. Ultimately, it's personal preference.

Btw, I went to PS 127 and Christopher Columbus High, took the 6 train a few times, but it was a long time ago. :)

Good luck finding more auto choices!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread