Australian customs to seize nicotine imports from 1st July

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Australia has plenty of things eager to make you die young. I DO not see the sense in adding to them, and from the looks of that fine, half of Australia's economy might be from smoking perhaps.

I mean this is a place that lets you GAMBLE in PUBS.

I guess tobacco only only makes sense, then.

Anna

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Doffy, does Australia charge for perscriptions?

And what is it about individuals having a perscription for vaping liquids when ariving in Australia, as that raises more questions than answers.

But it'll be perfectly acceptable to use Nicotine for agricultural purposes though.

Makes no sense whatsoever really.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
Damn Im screwed Im going to go back to smoking despite what the authorities have said. This is bs

Edit: They're also banning the actual ecigs in australia too as well as imported nicotine. Only way u will be able to get an ecig and nicotine when this happens is with a doctors prescription which they most likely won't provide since they want you to quit nicotine and smoking. It’s already hard to vape in Australia, from next month it’ll be almost impossible

As far as I know we don't have any australian made ecigs for suppliers to get ecigs here wont happen we'll eventually run out

Also people in australian jails extract nicotine from nicotine patches and use tea tree leaves in order to smoke since smoking is banned in jails here. Is it possible to do that with vaping to get the nicotine safely?

If you guys think you might be safe from ecig ban in your countries well if they say its a success here then other countries will most likely follow like a bandwagon

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
Doctor prescription. Is that easy to get and does it allow import?
Doctors are advocates of health and most would not know much about vaping so they would probably say no. Also I doubt they would be able to get you a bottle of nicotine it'll most likely be nicotine cartridges or something. Only way in my opinion they would prescribe nicotine is if you have severe mental health issues like anxiety and panic attacks if you're already a vaper.

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
Doctor prescription. Is that easy to get and does it allow import?
It was made more difficult. It isn't a normal script like a pbs medication. The Dr has to apply for a special exemption, and also handle the import by courier. So docs are even less likely than before to do it

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
vrOJkJy.png

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
We have until January 1st to get vaping fully legalised in Australia.
I wish you guys much success with full legalization, but if I lived in Australia and didn't already have a lifetime's worth of nic in my freezer, I'd make sure I did by January 1st, just in case.

Look at it thus way, even if legalization succeeds, knowing your government, they'll apply some outrageous tax in the process.

Here in the USA, there are currently bills in Congress that would tax nicotine at a rate ostensibly equivalent to that of cigarettes, which works out to $2780 USD per liter of 100 mg base, and your cig taxes are much higher than ours.

ozm8ey

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2014
melboune,australia
your cig taxes are much higher than ours.
In my opinion they take advantage knowing nicotine is a highly addictive drug. Knowing that they just increase the price of it every year saying its to get people to quit smoking but truth they know most will continue to smoke because its a drug. For a lot of people there is underlining issues that cause them to smoke not just the addiction like anxiety, boredom, etc. The shops probably only make $2 per pack they sell the rest is probably tax. $50 a pack it is now on average. At that price people would have to be committing crimes to pay for their habit. Illegal drugs are proof that just because a drug is expensive doesn't mean they're going to quit, they will just have to find a way to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread