Atomizer/Passthrough Compatibility issue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
I purchased a DSE801 generic atomizer from MyVaporStore and their DSE801 Passthrough.

They do not work together!

They sell them together, but do not work! The passthrough they sell will work fine if you use an original DSE801 Atomizer with the fat post.

But, they sell the RN4072 Atomizer(small post) DSE801 it is not compatible with any Passthrough I have(David Yang Passthrough and MyVaporStore Passthrough).

Needless to say, MyVaporStore DSE801 Atomizer(RN4072) is not compatible with the DSE801 Passthrough!

I just thought that people should be aware of this issue!

BTW, The DSE901 Ats and DSE901 Passthrough works just fine from MyVaporStore. I have not had any issues with compatiblility. All of the 901's seem to have the fat post on the Ats.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I purchased a DSE801 generic atomizer from MyVaporStore and their DSE801 Passthrough.

They do not work together!

They sell them together, but do not work! The passthrough they sell will work fine if you use an original DSE801 Atomizer with the fat post.

But, they sell the RN4072 Atomizer(small post) DSE801 it is not compatible with any Passthrough I have(David Yang Passthrough and MyVaporStore Passthrough).

Needless to say, MyVaporStore DSE801 Atomizer(RN4072) is not compatible with the DSE801 Passthrough!

I just thought that people should be aware of this issue!

BTW, The DSE901 Ats and DSE901 Passthrough works just fine from MyVaporStore. I have not had any issues with compatiblility. All of the 901's seem to have the fat post on the Ats.

Ocean, I think I answered this already, but maybe that was in a different post. The problem is the threading length is to long so that the center + contact can not be made between the atomizer and the usb passthough. This is an issue with quaility control. About one out of every 5 of my 801's or RN4072's will not work on a passthough due to this issue. So when you find one that does work, do not interchage it with batteries and only use it for the passthough and the batteries will countersink the + terminal in the center and create the problem all over again----Sun

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Ocean, I think I answered this already, but maybe that was in a different post. The problem is the threading length is to long so that the center + contact can not be made between the atomizer and the usb passthough. This is an issue with quaility control. About one out of every 5 of my 801's or RN4072's will not work on a passthough due to this issue. So when you find one that does work, do not interchage it with batteries and only use it for the passthough and the batteries will countersink the + terminal in the center and create the problem all over again----Sun

Hi Sun,

Thanks For Saving me the Typing Again!! :D

Keep Vapin!

FaderClick

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2009
Bay Area, California
Hmmm, I purchased the 801 silver starter kit, an extra 801 silver atomizer and silver USB passthrough from MyVaporStore and they all work fine with each other. All atomizers and batteries are marked with an "SLB" so they are the RN4072 type.

At first I had an issue with the atomizer included in the starter kit not creating any vapor with a freshly charged battery and USB passthrough. I emailed Info@myvaporstore.com regarding the faulty atomizer and I received a reply within 4 hours stating where to send the atomizer. I decided to give it one last try and now it works! WTF?!? At this point, I hope that it lasts or at least fails within the 14 day warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread