Atomic Cinnacide Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
I hoenstly dont think people were tossing any eggs I think they were jsut wondering if cinamon (flavoring or oil or w/e) is one of those things that act differently on things than on people - like lemon juice can bleach things (hair, skin) but its fine to eat right? And if anyone knew for sure if cinamon was like that. I don't think anyone DID know, or at least no-one that posted knew. I may have missed reading some posts but I don't recall anyone saying 'ooh beware of AC'. Most people were saying 'yum AC and oh look..atty paint' :lol:

I agree completely. I think most people were just sharing their experience without any negative agenda whatsoever. I read the whole thread and didn't really get an attacking vibe overall. Sure, a very limited number of people expressed actual concern, but that concern was heavily countered by loyal TV customers. My only point is that people have a right to express their opinions or share their experiences without being characterized as attackers with hidden agendas. I am and will continue to be a loyal TV customer, but I would appreciate the liberty of expressing my opinion without being characterized as ignorant or as an "alarmist."

Funny thing is, I love AC and am not even concerned about it

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
The only challenge I have had with AC is how to get the big grin off my face as I vape it all day/night/weeks/months. :D

Well, heh heh, the grin on your face may be because vaping AC makes you horny. Here's what Wikipedia says: Cinnamon may also be an aphrodisiac.[33] :lol:

Wikipedia also says: One teaspoon of Cinnamon contains as many antioxidants as a full cup of pomegranate juice and 1/2 a cup of blueberries.

Nice to know.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, heh heh, the grin on your face may be because vaping AC makes you horny. Here's what Wikipedia says: Cinnamon may also be an aphrodisiac.[33] :lol:

Wikipedia also says: One teaspoon of Cinnamon contains as many antioxidants as a full cup of pomegranate juice and 1/2 a cup of blueberries.

Nice to know.

lol I should have expected this enlightenment from some one who lives close to where I grew up - Carlsbad.
Now where do I go with this information - DIY section?

Seabrook

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Oceanside, CA
lol I should have expected this enlightenment from some one who lives close to where I grew up - Carlsbad.
Now where do I go with this information - DIY section?

Heh heh, small world. I love Carlsbad. It's so villagey. I grew up in Santa Barbara, moved to San Diego, but just didn't care much for a city so huge. I actually fell in love with Carlsbad but ended up in Oceanside. Oh well, there' so much greenery here and still isn't overgrown.

Raechel

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2009
Louisville, KY
AC definitely gums up in my cartos faster, but then so does chinese made RY4. *shrugs* something i am more than willing to live with (with the AC, not the RY4) cause of the amazing taste. however, it's not having any apparent unusual chemical effect on the inside of carto, just leaves more residue.

It clogs mine too and I have a friend who it has clogged 4 of his as to 2 of mine since end of Dec. I keep my stuff clean than he and replace 1/4 inch filler more. None of my other flavors choke out my atty like AC does. I'd smoke it more if it was as easy on the attys as all the other flavors.

cptr13

ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
I'm surprised by this to be honest. AC seems to blister and peel the paint off of every one of my attys. I've been thinking about emailing my concerns about it. I'll vocalize it here and send to Geoff as well. I'll preface it though.
TV is by FAR my favorite supplier for both flavor and price. I have no agenda and have had nothing but great experiences with TV so far. At this point, I see no reason to order juice from any other suppliers. Atomic Cynacide is probably my favorite flavor.
I use a TW Tornado. The outside of my atty gets plenty of juice all over it because I drip. When I drip, there is always a little juice that drips down the outside of the atty.
When I'm in an AC mood, and use it for more than a day or so, the paint blisters and peels off. No other flavor, TV or otherwise, does it. I can state that confidently. I have some joye attys and a few attys from TW, which are horrible and I assume are not JoyE but I can't say for sure. Those attys aren't peeling, but I'm not sure how much AC use they've had as they didn't last long and I can't resurrect them. Long and short, there is definitely something about AC specifically that peels paint from every single atty I use and definitely no other juice seems to do this. This is nothing negative towards TV, but I would REALLY like to make sure it's not doing anything to my lungs.

I'm surprised there aren't more folks with this issue.

Soundwave

May 17, 2010
Ventura, CA
I have a atty peeling that is black authentic joye product from cignot... its been almost a month and I do boil them to clean all of them.

Here is my personal view on this atty peeling thing I have experienced for the first time and with AC... I don't care. I will shell out 50 dollars for supplies of more TV juice and cartomizers like I did yesterday with a smile on my face. The reason I don't care is because I hit home run with finding my favorite juice supplier, favorite juice, and favorite attys/cartos. Working in IT has made me somewhat conditioned to looking at things like this with the question of "Is it worth my time to fix it or replace it?". And in this case since I'm spending HALF the amount of money per month to vape a tasty candy from an honest Californian instead of smoking disgusting analogs from a bad corporation... I am living in paradise.

Thank you TastyVapor for the hand holding during my first and the second one I placed yesterday.

-Roy:D

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
I thought it was just me. AC doesn't just eat away at atty's. Here's one of my Chuck's that I vape using nothing but AC and a HV 801 atty. It's taking the clear coat and the paint off. It really doesn't bother me as long as it's contained to that cup area around the atty. I just hope it doesn't start eating away at the metal and cause the connector to cave in. I have 2 clogged attys after using AC too but I can clean them. I just ordered my second bottle of AC yesterday so this isn't going to stop me from using it. It's still the best flavor I've ever had.
Oh, and look what color the peeling paint is. :D

ACchuck.jpg

Last edited:

Mia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2009
California
Fight Colds and Flu
Cinnamon may also benefit those suffering from a cold or minor flu. Rose writes that cinnamon essential oil has anti-viral and antibacterial properties. Because of these characteristics Julie Lawless writes in her book, "The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils," that cinnamon essential oil comes in handy when you want to help treat the cold or flu. Rose writes that cinnamon works especially well on helping clear the lungs. Adding a few drops cinnamon oil to steaming water and inhaling the vapor circulates the oil through your respiratory system.

Read more: What Are The Benefits Of Cinnamon Essential Oil? | LIVESTRONG.COM

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
RYglui, to you and folks out there...VG takes off permanent magic marker...takes some rubbing but it works.........just did a couple weeks ago on my daughter's new car when my grandson spread permanent red marker on her door panels inside.....that is all we had as we were at my cabin.......so we tried it and it worked.

ecavedude

Feb 20, 2010
USA
First... I hope EVERYONE has a GREAT, HAPPY and, HEALTHY 2011! I'm at week 43 this Sunday without an analog! Last time I tried I broke at the 8 hour mark :)

Anyway, sorry to bring back an old topic but...I purchase Cinnamon Red-hots from PA. The flavor is great and at times you have to be careful not to drag too deeply :) . Down from 36 mg ~ 2ml a day if that. But, I was on a watermelon kick and all was fine. I then saw cinnamon..ahhh...but then I noticed the paint on an atomizer peeling if I got any cinn. e liquid outside the atty. I have been carefully wiping it off and checking the inside of the atty. I then started using cherry...no peeling....then a thought, Cinnacherry! And it tastes great. My next batch I lowered the nic and raised the cinn. BAMM peeling! I have been watching it and it starts to bubble the paint at some point until you have the paint removed. This happened to a few atties. I can't complain about e-cigs though :) . I have a simple method and finally ordered a 2nd EGO kit as a spare ( have no need too, the first ones from month ago still work GREAT ! I only blow out the attys until they need a cleaning. I then soak them for a few hours in 91% rubbing alcohol. I will lift the atty with tweezers every once in awhile and drain it until it pretty much a clean, steady flow. I let it dry overnight, blow it out, prime it , and they have been like new! I have so many now it's not a prob waiting overnight! I'm at the BIG tackle box level...not near some I see :).

I did start to exercise by riding a stationary bike. I basically go uphill for 20 minutes/5miles each AM. I always burp BIGTIME (sorry) and I get a burn in my upper stomach area. I put off an EKG but, I finally had one an it came back great. I haven't tried to correlate cinn. and the burn but ya never know ! I'm sure it has nothing to do with it and the easy answer (unless you LOVE cinn.) is to use other flavors. My Dr. has been ecstatic since he found out the length of time I had been analog free!. I am bringing in some info for him next visit.

I just want to make sure cinn. isn't harmful as a flavor. I know nothing is guaranteed ...but peeled pain makes one think...

Best to all!

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
It's funny, I get peeling on my eGo mega XL cylinder attys but only the Titanium ones, and I have every color except pink. I think there is something in nic juice that reacts with certain paints or I could have just got a bad batch of titanium attys. Oh and I don't have AC YET so it wasn't Geoff's juice that did it....LOL!

Last edited:

zjq

Jun 5, 2010
FL
Happened to 3 (4 counting the one I've used since yesterday) of my atomizers 1 is totally stripped, only happens with AC, not Kretek or Geoff's Blend. I don't really care about the paint but what I do care about (my email was never answered) is why after 1-2 days of use do my atomizers become useless? They become clogged with whatever is in AC, I boiled one that was shot for laughs and when I took it out there was this gummy stuff coming out of the 2 holes on either side of the atomizer, nothing I did to it made it function again...

I opened a new atomizer yesterday morning, its now 30 hours later and the atomizer is totally clogged and when I take a hit it is like trying to drink a frozen milkshake through a straw.

Guess I'll get different flavors which sucks because I love AC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread