Atomic Cinnacide Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'd received an e-mail from a concerned customer and I'd also read a post on ECF, but because of the location of the thread, I could not respond. There seemed to be suddenly alarmed concerns over Atomic Cinnacide and what it was "doing" to their attys and carts. To me, most of the opinions seemed like very narrow view and quite single sided. Cast logic to the wind and credit one's first assumption, seemed to be the motif.

In any case, the e-mail I received is as follows (name removed):

The paint on my joye 510 red atty is peeling and chipping off...had it only about three weeks now. It's still heating up and vaping just fine, just looks bad now.
None of the others "colors" are doing that not the green, blue nor blacks....just the red.

Havnt abused it, or used it "that" much more then the others. Now it was washed out once in hot water, at the same time as my green, but the green isnt peeling.
Only real difference in use, is that I use the Red mostly for TV AC, sometimes TV Spiced Rum and a clove from another supplier. It's the "spicy" Atty.
And the second difference is a different supplier then the other colors where purchased from.

Now to be clear I'm not looking to hold anyone liable, get a refund or anything like that...just trying figure out why exactly this one atty is doing this. So if there is anything I can do to prevent such from happening again, I can do that. I thought about posting this on ECF and getting others input, but didnt want to spread bad press where it wasnt deserved not my intention at all.

I wrote the supplier who I purchased it from, who said that the red atty and battery(my Red battery is dying too, bought at the same time same supplier as the red atty, so just a bad supplier isnt totally out the question in my mind) are both authentic Joyes and that non-lab made e-juices aka I should only buy his stuff from china...destroy atty's so he wont cover them anymore.
He also said that US Cinnamon flavors peels atty paint. (I was not specific when I wrote him of which Cinn flav, nor that it was american)

Now AC is pretty potent stuff...main reason I love it like I do. Real Cinn oil alone is strong enough to give people a chemical burns. So suppose it's not so far fetch that it might peel paint.
But IF it does this, so many people use AC I'd assume that ya'll have received complaints about this before, if not had the same issue pop up yourself.
I'm wondering if that is the case, if I use black atty with AC instead if it would not do this, black has a different finish then the shiny metallic colors.

Again not looking for a refund, replacement ect...just looking for an exact cause to lead to a possible solution.

Thanks for your time.
XXXX

Being that this was an e-mail, I felt inclined to respond:

Well, XXXX, I have to think that is has to be something else. Wine red batteries, atomizers are my absolute favorite and I use them almost every day. Love the color. Secondly, my all day long vape IS ATOMIC CINNACIDE. I rarely vape anything else. I never overfill my carts, I never over prime my atomizers and I perform maintenance on them regularly

And you know what? I've never had a single red atomizer peeling on me at all. I can imagine if one is getting extremely cheap atomizers for maximum dollar, there is a possibility that it could have something to do with that. I know that I've had a cheap black atty and the paint started peeling, but I thought nothing of it and just chalked it up to "part of the deal". It could be possible that PG is responsible as well. Who knows. Personally I think there is probably several explanations for what could be happening.

But yeah, I've read the thread on ECF. I don't think an alarmist approach is going to solve anything. Nor is being alarmist going to make anybody's assumption valid.

All I ask is that you remember one thing. The e-cig mechanisms that are filtering into the US now, because there is such a HUGE market for it, is insanely cheap, very cheaply built and designed to do one thing, function for a while, then need replacement. So, I'd also very much appreciate that people have the clarity to consider the cheap mechanism that are flooding the market and not just point the finger at the liquid guy.

Try to remember, because of what is going on here in the US, the demand for these electronic cigarette products, China is building this stuff by the millions and as cheaply as possible. It's hard to get reliable and lasting equipment. My liquid could also be a contributing variable in shining the light on just how cheap the stuff you got may be.

But I don't think that raising a finger of judgment like I've seen on another thread and screaming "EVIL LIQUID" is exactly intelligent nor considering all of the variables at hand.

People, THINK!

Last edited:

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
I think that I'm missing something crucial. We're talking about the paint on the outside of a device, right? The side that shouldn't really have contact with any concentrated fluid. So we're... god I feel idiotic typing this... we're blaming juice on the inside of a device for causing the paint on the outside to peel?

Geoff, that's some seriously potent stuff you're selling. What do you mix in there, weapons grade uranium? Do we need a permit to own some?

And why didn't that whole "you bought juice from somebody else so I'm canceling your warranty" set off klaxons and giant flashing lights? Jeebus. That'd be like a car manufacturer voiding your warranty because you bought gas at a station they don't own. Why are we giving any consideration whatsoever to the claims made by a seller who is that brazenly shady?

Gah. I'm not wasting more ire on this. If I'm misunderstanding, fine, I should stop boggling and at the stupidity of others and giggle at myself. If I'm not misunderstanding... argh. Really? This is the latest hysteria?

ryguyli

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2009
Patchogue, NY
I've had no-name juice take permanent marker off of my desk. My theory then, which hasn't changed in light of this, is that nicotine is some pretty potent stuff. Just read the thread you mentioned, and haven't had anything happen to my hardware like what's being mentioned there. Been using 1 (ONE) atomizer for my AC for over 2 months now and it still vapes just as well as the day I took it out of its plastic wrap. Been using the same empty cartridge with that atty when I drip and I just poked it with a needle; it hasn't turned soft like the people in that thread are claiming happened to theirs.

I mentioned on that thread that they shouldn't jump to conclusions and maybe do some research or experiments, but for some strange reason I doubt the people making those claims are capable of such a thing :rolleyes:

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It's all about cheap attys man. You want to spend minimum dollar on your mechanics, you HAVE to be willing to deal with some drawbacks.

Cheap black attys are GREAT for peeling, had a few of those. Never with the red though. But yeah, I consider all of the variables before tossing a bone out there.

And I NEVER have the puritanical approach to the situation. I only pull out the torch and pitchfork approach after all other recourses have been unsuccessful.

The (few) folks here at TV have asked if I'd reply to that thread, other than the fact that I can't reply in the Liquid Review section, I simply had to tell them:

We're talking a minor few people who are trying to toss eggs at our door before considering ALL of the possibilities as to why they're having these issues. Of the THOUSANDS of bottles of this stuff we've sold, the HUNDREDS of comments we've received in praise of the liquid and recipe, we're sure there are some people who either don't like the liquid, or have experienced problems with it.

You have to weigh the odds. In this case, the many (satisfied customers) far outweighs the few (egg tossers), therefore, with so few problems with this liquid, there is nothing we need to fix, with something that for the largest part, is not broken.

I bow and take my leave behind the curtain.

Last edited:

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I hoenstly dont think people were tossing any eggs I think they were jsut wondering if cinamon (flavoring or oil or w/e) is one of those things that act differently on things than on people - like lemon juice can bleach things (hair, skin) but its fine to eat right? And if anyone knew for sure if cinamon was like that. I don't think anyone DID know, or at least no-one that posted knew. I may have missed reading some posts but I don't recall anyone saying 'ooh beware of AC'. Most people were saying 'yum AC and oh look..atty paint' :lol:
My sister cooks lots of curry which is great to eat but you can't get half the ingredients on your skin or it goes a funny color. It won't hurt though, its just..interesting lol.
People used to think she smoked cos her fingers were almost always orangey-yellow from cumin saffron and curry powders

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Based on personal experience, the AC hasn't been harmful to my 901, 801, 510 or 401 attys. In fact, that particular flavor seems to vape quite a long time before cleaning. Most if not all of my stuff comes from Heaven-Gifts.

I DID make the mistake of boiling my attys once though, and turned several black and red 901 attys into silver ones. :p

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Aside from Geoff's valid theory of cheap Chinese materials, there have been specific paint color recalls from automotive manufacturers over the years as well. IOW, all paint colors are NOT created equal. The pigments for color can originate from different sources and thus not have the same qualities (or lack thereof) from individual color to color.

The common denominator from the person that emailed Geoff was a red atomizer. Perhaps, if that person switched his AC to another colored atomizer certain facets of this mystery could be resolved.

It is also possible that a different type of primer coat is used on the red painted atomizers. One that doesn't adhere as well as, say, on the black attys. Black paint, obviously, will cover any color of primer easily. It's possible that red paint will not and thus a different (lighter) color primer is used and that primer doesn't 'stick' to the raw metal as efficiently.

(FWIW, my Dad was a painter. I was always astonished at the amount of stock he kept on hand for seemingly similar tasks. It was explained to me that coverage and adherence varied greatly amongst materials and color)

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
My carto solution is to put little circular stickers on the ends of the condoms to identify the flavor. That's fine for refilling since I'll only work with one flavor at a time, no chance of them getting mixed up when I've got the caps taken off multiple carts. I'm assuming that it's a nonissue when washing them, if the residual flavor and gunk are removed it doesn't matter what flavor was in them before.

Belle, you prolly know whether I'm being too optimistic. Do you track your AC cartos when you're washing them?

Gribeau

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2010
San Antontio, TX
Gribeau, I know I'm not Belle, but when I wash my cartos, the AC ones still always smell like AC. No matter how many times I boil them it seems, so they stay dedicated to AC.

You're not? Crap. Now I'm all confused. You look exactly like her! :lol:

Your opinion works for me, man. I just called on the B because I know she's been through this scenario.

I guess I'll have to plan to wash the AC carts separate from the tamer flavors. Not a huge problem in the grand scheme of things. Have you noticed the lingering taste issue with anything other than AC? Is it just pure AC that's problematic or does it persist even when mixed with other things?

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
It must be Tasty Vapor's month to catch hell. Anyone else notice that one supplier each month catches hell over every little thing?

I just got to try my very first Ac and I can't put it down! My hubby is even vaping it! He hasn't vaped in months. I'd even threatened to repo his Chuck,lol Placed my first order with you just last night and AC was in it.

Keep up the great work and let the bad stuff just slide off your back. You know you're doing something right or you wouldn't have the following that you have.

wisteelersfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Wisconsin
Gribeau, if I looked like Belle, I definitely wouldn't be an ironworker. As to the actual question, My menthols seem to linger too so I do those separate as well, not nearly as much as the AC though. And I've never tried mixing it with anything so I wouldn't know about that issue. I love AC just as it is, I think it would overpower anything I tried adding it too. Maybe one drop in some macchiato would work. I might try that later.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
If you have a flavor that would go well with a dash of sweet cinnamon, you can add it to a former AC atomizer. At first the AC flavor will dominate, then they'll merge, finally there will only be a hint of AC.

That's about all I'm using it for right now. For some reason, after adoring AC and vaping it a LOT for two months, my tastebuds decided to reject it last week. I finished most of the e-liquid (it was my wake-up and all morning vape).

If you are trying to get AC taste off the carts, try soap. They're just a hunk of plastic -- soap won't hurt them like it would atomizers. I toss the Fluval and put a bunch of them in a little Tupperware-type container. My scent-free, alcohol-free dish washing liquid didn't do it so I threw in some lemon scented. Cover it, shake well then rinse it many, many times until the smell from both the e-liquid and the soap are gone.

bigboom

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
"The only challenge I have had with AC is how to get the big grin off my face as I vape it all day/night/weeks/months."

That sums up my AC challenge. I've been vaping this stuff every day for 5 months and haven't had a single problem with clogged attys, shrunken carts, peeling paint, or foaming at the mouth. In my humble opinion, it's the best creation since Louisiana hot sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread