atmizoo by atmizone - General Discussion for current and upcoming Projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
I would like to be the first (on this thread at least) to request an official Atmizoo rebuildable atomizer/genesis device that matches the diameter of the Roller/Dingo. I would also like to request that it be available in all of the finishes that you offer on the battery mods.

Second that motion! Their website shows a carto tank, the Bayou, in development, but I've never had a really good vape off a carto.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
The bottom of my roller gets hot?? Do I have a short somewhere?

If it's only the cap that feels hot (the battery is not hot to touch), it might be due to an oxidized and/or collapsed spring. Dirty/oxidized surfaces and inadequate contact force (collapsed spring) will translate into resistance and heat.

Brass, un-plated springs need to be cleaned periodically, especially if you are vaping with a low-ohm resistance.

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
i still don't know why my roller seems not fire "fiercely" lol.. i already cleaned all the switch part.. all the contact.. but i dont know, it seems my evic is much better at firing.. am i missing something at the switch..

The Roller is not VV/VW, so a comparison is not really meaningful. With a VV device, the desired voltage is applied directly on the load, and still, the actual (rms) voltage might be far from the set-point.

A mech device outputs the open circuit battery voltage minus some voltage that is lost on the internal battery resistance and the mod / atomizer. This depends on the current / atomizer resistance.

For example, a 1.5 Ohm resistance will usually result in a voltage drop in the range of 0.2-0.3 V. This is perfectly normal with mechs.

Note that VV/VW PVs *still* waste some power on their mechanical and electronic components, usually more than mechanical devices. This is not perceived, though, since the voltage/wattage on the atomizer resistance is kept constant.

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
i still don't know why my roller seems not fire "fiercely" lol.. i already cleaned all the switch part.. all the contact.. but i dont know, it seems my evic is much better at firing.. am i missing something at the switch..

You're probably using far too high of ohms for a mechanical mod if you're able to use it on an evic.

MechaHerc

Feb 14, 2013
Malaysia
The Roller is not VV/VW, so a comparison is not really meaningful. With a VV device, the desired voltage is applied directly on the load, and still, the actual (rms) voltage might be far from the set-point.

A mech device outputs the open circuit battery voltage minus some voltage that is lost on the internal battery resistance and the mod / atomizer. This depends on the current / atomizer resistance.

For example, a 1.5 Ohm resistance will usually result in a voltage drop in the range of 0.2-0.3 V. This is perfectly normal with mechs.

Note that VV/VW PVs *still* waste some power on their mechanical and electronic components, usually more than mechanical devices. This is not perceived, though, since the voltage/wattage on the atomizer resistance is kept constant.

thanks mate i will try to check the drop voltage and show it here later.. btw i have a question about the switch (need to clear something in m head) :laugh::

t9v.png

Part A - I have O-Ring below of this part (at the brass ring there).. I've seen before without O-Ring.. so which one is the latest?
Part B - This tiny rod when insert into the Part C hole, izzit too loose, or fits or too fit?
Part D - I think my switch dont have this part..

thanks in advance..

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
thanks mate i will try to check the drop voltage and show it here later.. btw i have a question about the switch (need to clear something in m head) :laugh::

t9v.png

Part A - I have O-Ring below of this part (at the brass ring there).. I've seen before without O-Ring.. so which one is the latest?
Part B - This tiny rod when insert into the Part C hole, izzit too loose, or fits or too fit?
Part D - I think my switch dont have this part..

thanks in advance..

Part A - All Internal Switch Assemblies shipped with RO/DI50+ units have an o-ring mounted under the reinforcement ring.
Part B - It is supposed to have a loose fit, so loose that it may just fall out when the Axle (Part C) is tilted.
Part D - This is a liquid-sealing grommet which is sandwiched between the connector and the top hex contact. It is there to prevent leaked juice from entering the switch!

Last edited:

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
So, when Bugged is out, one can simply remove the spring in the Roller and put Bugged on the bottom?

Since it's so close, I will wait for Bugged to be in production before I place my order :)

Yes, when used with the Roller, the Bug can be used as a spring replacement. The standard version of the Bug, scheduled for released in a few days, does not fit in the standard 18350 Dingo, but it does fit when using the T2 extension in 18500 mode (with the spring removed)!

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Hi theops,

Do you know when the polished Rollers will be in stock again? Moreover, where can people who don’t use Facebook go to check for stock updates?

Also, do you have any future plans to sell the Switch Contacts (Contact Rod + 2 Hex Contact Pins) in a Rhodium plated version?

Thanks for your time.

Polished parts are produced a bit more intermittently and have been out of stock for quite a while. However, like SS-P Dingos, we will do our best so that once they arrive they'll be more than enough to meet the demand.

We have practically eliminated stock updates / announcements for the last few months, since stock is updated almost constantly. SS-P Rollers and Custom Rollers/Dingos are the only ones that have been out of stock / limited for a long time, so as soon as they arrive we'll post announcements on FB, Twitter and also this thread!

theops

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2012
Athens, GR
www.atmizoo.com
Thinking about picking up a T3 tube to use Dingo in 18650 mode. 18650 is my favorite! The bottom cap is adjustable so there will be no battery rattle? Yes? Please say yes. I cannot stand rattle.

Hi Smelly,

There is a bit of extra space in 18650 mode with 2 x T3 tubes. A single T3 is for 18350 batteries, so 2 x T3 gives an equivalent net length of 70mm plus a bit more.

The extra tube space can be used to house safety modules like the Bug, but if you want to eliminate rattle you can use the bottom cap disk adjustment anyway to bring the cap closer to the battery.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
Hi Smelly,

There is a bit of extra space in 18650 mode with 2 x T3 tubes. A single T3 is for 18350 batteries, so 2 x T3 gives an equivalent net length of 70mm plus a bit more.

The extra tube space can be used to house safety modules like the Bug, but if you want to eliminate rattle you can use the bottom cap disk adjustment anyway to bring the cap closer to the battery.

Thanks for explaining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread