• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

The Truth Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckDragon

ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2009
San Jose, CA
Hi to all my fellow Christians. I wanted to share this information with all who are interested. As a new Christian, I am on a mission to learn as much about Christianity as I possibly can. Our church had offered a video series put on by Focus on the Family called the Truth Project. It is a twelve week course on the world view and the world through the eyes of God. Here is an excerpt of what it is:

What is Focus on the Family's
The Truth Project®?

In a recent study, the Barna Research Group revealed a stunning statistic that continues to reverberate throughout the evangelical world. Only 9 percent of professing Christians have a biblical worldview.1
Because of this, today's believers live very similarly to non-believers. A personal sense of significance is rarely experienced, we spend our money and time on things that fail to satisfy and we begin to wonder what life's ultimate purpose really is. We are, in short, losing our bearings as a people and a nation.
To counter this slide within the body of Christ, we are launching one of the most ambitious and powerful projects in the history of our ministry—Focus on the Family's The Truth Project.
The Truth Project is a DVD-based small group curriculum comprised of 12 one-hour lessons taught by Dr. Del Tackett. This home study is the starting point for looking at life from a biblical perspective. Each lesson discusses in great detail the relevance and importance of living the Christian worldview in daily life.
We believe this one project represents the possibility for exponential change within the body of Christ, as we expect that thousands will be transformed by this curriculum. As it has been throughout history, God continues to call ordinary people to make an eternal difference in our world.

I would like to encourage anyone interested to visit their website:

The Truth Project

May God bless all of you.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hi Chuck and welcome to the family :)

Focus on the Family has some wonderful teaching materials. I know how hungry I was for knowledge when I was a new Christian. Here are some suggestions.

Very early on, I got a book called "An Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace. It taught me a lot, not only about being a wife, but about being a Christian. I don't think I could have grown as I did without Mrs. Peace's help. There is a companion book for men called "An Exemplary Husband" I cannot recommend these books strongly enough.

If you PM me your e-mail address, I can send you a couple of lectures in MP3 format. They are about the role of the husband in a Christian home. I just happened across them on a radio program called Building Blocks for Families. Let me tell you that they appeared on the radio at just the right time for me to catch them. And this happened during a period of crisis where I was in the depths of depression. - cursing the fact that I was ever born. Even though the lecture was for men, it told me what I needed to hear and within fifteen minutes, my depression was gone.

If you write to Jack and Rexella Van Impe, they will send you a little book called "First Steps in a New Direction" It is packed full of good information for a new Christian.

And of course, read everything by C.S. Lewis that you can get your hands on. You can get the audiobook of Mere Christianity here: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis MP3 - Apologetics 315

Thanks for joining us and I look forward to reading your posts.

Be well,
~A

my2heartboys

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Kansas, USA
Good stuff that Truth Project. You will come out of it never thinking of the world....or of state, county, national, or international news the same way again. Been through it once myself, and if I could, I would go through it again. The only thing that prevents me from doing so is the current 15 credit hours that I am taking now.

Anne

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Good stuff that Truth Project. You will come out of it never thinking of the world....or of state, county, national, or international news the same way again. Been through it once myself, and if I could, I would go through it again. The only thing that prevents me from doing so is the current 15 credit hours that I am taking now.

Anne

Welcome Anne! I don't think I've spoken to you before, or have I? ANYWAY, ahem, I am glad to meet you and hope you will stay with us!

Can you give a synopsis of the Truth Project?:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread