Aspire Nautilus ohm question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Mansfield, Texas, United States
I bought some replacement heads for my nautilus and am seeing a lot (to me .02-.04) on the ohm rating from each head. Is this normal? Also do all atty makers market same terminology? Like when Kanger or Aspire says it's a 1.8ohm coil is that from the combined two coils or each coil at 1.8 to equal 3.6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I bought some replacement heads for my Nautilus and am seeing a lot (to me .02-.04) on the ohm rating from each head. Is this normal? Also do all atty makers market same terminology? Like when Kanger or Aspire says it's a 1.8ohm coil is that from the combined two coils or each coil at 1.8 to equal 3.6?

+/-0.2Ω is a normal tolerance. 0.4Ω shouldn't be happening--that's just a defective coil. How accurate is your multimeter?

Yeah, they all use the same terminology.

A dual coil 1.8Ω atty consists of two 3.6Ω coils configured in parallel.

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Ok so the coil options on the Nautilus are 1.6 or 1.8. Out of the 4 I bought that are stamped 1.6 I have one at 1.4 one at 1.5 one at 1.9. The ones stamped 1.8 are all 2 to 2.1 ohms. I have tested them on three different meters with tiny variances so I don't think what I am seeing is the meter.

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Have you tested them after the tank is loaded with juice or just screwed into the base? Are they all replacement or are some of those you tested the ones that came with the tank?

I will check another one when I finish this tank this evening.

Tom Fuller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2014
Update: sitting here on a vape break at work and pulled out some high end testing gear got the same results but found the atty is assembled with an orings holding the leads from the coils in place. I am guessing here with twisting the head into the air regulator the wires are getting variable resistance depending on contact. The leads on this coil is a flat or ribbon style wire so a tilt would change surface contact. I did install a new head using a dab of e-juice as a lube and the ohm head is reading only a .1 increase when installed vs not in the tank.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Update v1.1 tested the coil I removed and it was at 3.6 the assumption I am making is the lead from one of the coils had become dislodged.

I agree. If the resistance doubles, one of the coils not working.

As for your other coils, I think 0.2-0.3Ω difference from the stated resistance is OK... Maybe their QC is not very good. Or maybe you got fake coils--plenty of those around. Have you verified that you coils are genuine? Find the security code on the box and check it on Aspire website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread