Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at the tank Atlantis GT Taifun sent to me by Aspire. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Before starting, let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. tank designed by Taifun, made by Aspire
    • 2. All new Atlantis SE coils will remind you of the original Atlantis
    • 3. Adjustable bottom air intake system (also by replacing the inner base of the air intake)
    • 4. Intense flavor with high vapor production

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-2.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Packaging:
    The new Atlantis GT clearomizer is contained in a white cardboard box with a sliding opening like a case. On the front there are; "Aspire" lettering and Aspire logo, color indication (black), picture and name of the Atlantis GT vaporizer and the promotional motto "A Modern Re-Invention". On the back you can read; a brief introduction to the Aspire brand, the packing list, warnings, all physical and support addresses of the manufacturer.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-3.jpg

Laterally on the package you can see; a stylized image of Atlantis GT, some main features in the form of icons, hologram, scratch&check, batch number.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-4.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Packing List:
    • 1* Atlantis GT Clearomizer with pre-installed 4.0ml Pyrex glass
    • 1* Spare 4.0ml PSU tube
    • 2* Internal Air-base (φ1.2 and φ1.5mm)
    • 1* Atlantis SE Coil 0.3Ω (30-40W) pre-installed; recommended pairing with φ1.2mm Air-Base (pre-installed)
    • 1* Spare Atlantis SE Coil 0.18Ω (45-60W); recommended combination with φ1.5mm Air-Base (spare)
    • 1* O-rings Pack
    • 1* User Manual

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-5.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Specifications:
    • Brand: Aspire
    • Dimensions: 25x50.3mm
    • Weight: 72g
    • Capacity: 4ml
    • Filling: Upper side
    • Drip Tip: 510 POM
    • Threads: 510
    • Metal protective cover
    • Inhalation: direct (RDL-DL)
    • Airflow: Adjustable from the bottom with 4 slots and two different types of internal Air-bases of φ1.2mm and φ1.5mm
    • Compatible with three different coils: Atlantis SE Coil 0.35Ω (20-30W), Atlantis SE coil 0.3Ω (30-40W) and Atlantis SE coil 0.18Ω (45-60W)
    • Recommended PG/VG rate: From 30/70 to 50/50 depending on the resistance used

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-6.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Available colours:
    • Black
    • Stainless Steel
    • Gunmetal
    • Blue

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-7.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; First Impressions:
    Aspire Atlantis GT is the new sub-ohm tank of the fifth generation Aspire Atlantis series, the latest luxury clearomizer created through the cooperation between Taifun and Aspire (designed by Taifun, made by Aspire). The external steel protection cage characterizes this product and identifies it with Taifun's futuristic "indestructible" design already used successfully in the first appearance of the excellent Taifun-Nautilus GT for MTL. In the image below you can evaluate the compact size of the Atlantis GT for RDL/DL in the visual comparison with the gigantic Odan Sub-ohm Tank clearomizer by Aspire for DL.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-8.jpg

The dimensions of Atlantis GT are compact and the weight is relevant for such a small vaporizer, in fact for this reason you can immediately perceive the excellent structural solidity of this product. You can therefore successfully use Atlantis GT on a medium-sized Mod, but also a large one, and the aesthetic result will always be gratifying. In the side-by-side images below you can see Atlantis GT installed on the small Aspire Finixx Mod, but the "perfect match" between aesthetics and performance (for my taste) can be achieved with the other 2 Aspire Mods which are equipped with shockproof protections to match perfectly to the Atlantis GT "indestructible" design. These Mods are Rhea X with 21700 battery and Rhea 200W with dual 18650 battery.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-9.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Childproof Refill:
    After my first impressions I began to take a deeper look at my Black Atlantis GT and discovered a very advanced filling system that integrates child locks. To insert up to 4ml of e-liquid it is necessary to slightly rotate the upper cap counterclockwise, then after a minimum rotation the cap lifts automatically and magically, revealing a good-sized side port for convenient refilling. Afterwards just turn the top cap slightly clockwise to effectively tighten it in its original position. This filling system is well thought out and is very robust in appearance, it also prevents the eliquid from ending up inside the chimney during topping up and prevents the involuntary opening of the top cap.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-10.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Exploded view:
    Before starting to use Atlantis GT, I completely disassembled it to get to know it better, to be able to better describe it, and to wash it before using it. The pieces that make up this Tank are firmly joined together with tenacious joints and sliding threads. In the package there are many spare o-rings, all of them are of very good quality and make Atlantis GT airtight and durable over time.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-11.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Drip Tip 510:
    The Drip Tip in POM has a tapered shape for the lips that I like very much, and even if it is not equipped with o-rings it is anchored very firmly to the top cap. I have inserted other 510 Drip Tips in the Cap equipped with 1 or 2 o-rings without problems, however I think that the original POM Drip Tip is the best choice also because its large φ7mm internal hole guarantees the correct evacuation of the vapor for vaping modes RDL/DL .

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-12.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Steel Armor:
    The protective metal cover is reliable and elegant, it can not only effectively protect the inner glass tube from damage, but also offers you the possibility to extract it by simply unscrewing it from the upper one-piece and from the AFC base inferior. So in case of breakage you can replace the pyrex glass tube with the PSU tube provided as a spare. By installing PSU-tube inside the armor you will probably also be able to go into battle and your Atlantis GT Taifun will be resistant to any impact!

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-13.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Air Flow System:
    This clearomizer uses a lower rotating ring to regulate the airflow, there are 4 slots in the ring; during the rotation of the ring, the 4 slots can completely close the air flow or they can open a hole or two holes on the 4 sides of the tank to distribute the incoming air flow towards the coil evenly.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-14.jpg

The AFC adjustment ring can be separated from the base and has some external ornamentation for better finger grip on it. In the image below, the ring hides some important innovations. You can see the 4 buttonholes that I marked with 4 white lines, you can also see the 3 green lines that I created and which indicate 3 small blind holes inside the ring (the 3 holes I marked with the letters A,B,C) . When the ring is installed, during its rotation the blind holes coincide with two ball bearings (visible in the adjacent photo). In position "A" the air flow is completely closed, in position "B" the air flow passes through 1 hole in each of the 4 slots (RDL), while in position "C" the air flow passes through 2 holes in each of the 4 slots (DL). During use this AFC adjustment system with its very fine mechanism offers the same sensation of a precision gear and with each click there is a loud click which is divine feedback to my ears!

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-15.jpg

In the image below; you can see the bottom of the base with the 510 thread and peek insulated gold plated pin. The perimeter of the base has two opposing notches that allow the 2 pointed wings of the ring (when installed) to move correctly during the air flow regulation phase.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-16.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Internal Air Intake Base:
    Taifun on behalf of Aspire designed the Atlantis GT to provide a highly personalized vaping experience, the airflow can be adjusted by the bottom AFC ring (as we have seen), and especially with the two internal flow intake bases that are replaceable. These Air-bases with their different vents allow you to further customize the airflow to best meet the most varied vaping needs. Below you can see the two Air intake base contained in the package; the one with the φ1.2mm holes is recommended in combination with the 0.3Ω (30-40W) Atlantis SE Coil, the one with the φ1.5mm holes is recommended in combination with the 0.18Ω (45-60W) Atlantis SE Coil ). There is a third Air-base with φ1.0mm holes which can be purchased separately and used (recommended by Aspire) with the 0.35Ω (20-30W) Atlantis SE Coil.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-17.jpg

You can replace the internal Air-Base at any time and even in the presence of e-liquid in the Tank. To do this, simply turn the Atlantis GT Taifun upside down and proceed as follows:
    • Unscrew the external base from the tank
    • Disconnect the internal Air Base and push the coil out, only replacing the coil
    • Or disconnect the internal Air Base and replace it with the new Air Base with the coil already inserted
    • Install the internal Air Base complete with coil, taking care to insert it with the protrusion inside the opening (as shown in the image below)
    • Retighten; and the replacement is done.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-18.jpg

► Aspire Atlantis GT Taifun; Vaping Test & Final Conclusions:

• Coil Atlantis SE 0.3Ω Range 30-40W:

This is the coil pre-installed together with the φ1,2mm Air-Base; for this test I used TOB Hypnos diluted 10% in a 50:50 VG/PG base with 3mg/ml of boost.
    Like all Mesh coils, activation and vaporization are immediate even below the recommended power range. After selecting 30W of power I started a long vape session with a single hole open in the 4 slots. The vapor is abundant but above all hot as I like it with a sustained hit in the throat, what surprised me is the incredible aromatic yield that this coil provides, immediately without strange flavors and without the need for running-in. The flavor is enveloping and Hypnos which is one of my favorite liquids here has literally bewitched me, I can't tear myself away. Then I remembered that I had to proceed with the test so I switched to 35 and 40W, the increase in power and heat of the steam forced me to open the two holes for each slot, in this way (increasing the air flow ) I lowered the heat for deeper but equally immersive RDL/DL extractions.

• Coil Atlantis SE 0.18Ω Range 45-60W:
    This is the spare coil supplied together with the φ1,5mm Air-Base; for this test I used TOB Tropical diluted 10% in a 70:30 VG/PG base with 2mg/ml of boost. Also in this case the Mesh coil has a very rapid activation and with 45W of power I started a pure vape immediately and without the taste of new cotton. With a single hole selected in the 4 slots the steam is quite hot with a strong hit in the throat at the limit of endurance, I had to open the two holes in the 4 slots and the performance improved instantly. With the right supply of air to the coil the clouds have become dense and abundant with an excellent flavor in line with the previous coil. With 50W of power I achieved the best personal gratification. By selecting powers above 50W the heat of the steam increases too much for my taste and the air flow (in my opinion) remains a bit too narrow based on the high power selected. If you like hot vapor and a really aggressive throat hit you can also select 60W of power and you won't be disappointed.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-19.jpg

The Atlantis Tank series is therefore renewed, and it does so with a surprising product for the technology applied in its construction, high quality workmanships and great performance come together in this legendary vapemate. The airflow is widely adjustable from the bottom with 3 different types of internal Air-bases to be replaced based on the coils used. Atlantis Taifun Tank By Aspire is certainly the ideal choice for RDL-DL vapers who are looking for a beautiful and not gigantic vaporizer with great simplicity of use combined with the maximum RDL aromatic performance currently obtainable with a tank equipped with pre-assembled coils.

• Thanks to Aspire for sending me Atlantis GT Taifun for review:

• Thank you for reading.

Aspire-Atlantis-GT-Taifun-20.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread