Aspire Atlantis GT - Review by Javichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Hi there folks,hope y'all having a good weekend.

Time for another review,today i will be reviewing the Atlantis GT (designed by Taifun) that was sent to me by Aspire for the purposes of this review.

As part of my MO i will get us started with some pics that with a quick glance will let you know the type of device i will be reviewing today.

Colors:

COLORS.JPG

Components:

COMPONENTS.JPG

coils:

COILS.JPG

Side fill:

SIDE FILL.JPG

Components:

COMPONENTS.JPG

Replaceable air intake base:

REPLACEABLE AIR INTAKE BASES.JPG

Replacing the air intake base:

REPLACE AIR INTAKE BASE.JPG

Unboxing and first impressions:

Slide the box from its sleeve and all is neatly tucked away,everything you need to start using the tank is right there:

1x Aspire Atlantis GT Sub Ohm Tank.
Atlantis SE coil 0.3Ω (30-40W) (Pre-installed)
Atlantis SE coil 0.18Ω (45-60W)
1x Spare intake base.
1x Spare Glass Tube.
1x O-Rings Pack.
1x User Manual.

Kudos and the highest of fives to Aspire for including a second coil,never know sometimes a coil is a dud and if they just give you one you up the creek without a paddle.

Taking the tank out of the box it reminds me of another tank but because i am a spanish fly that vapes i won't mention the name *wink wink*
Small tank diameter wise but weighs a hefty 74g,really well built just judging by its weight and looking at it.

Vaping time:

Ok so let us get started.
This tank comes with two intake bases that will further hone that ''sweet spot'' you looking for in your vape,included in the package you have 2 of them,3rd will be available separately later on.
The 2 intakes bases included are the φ1.2 and φ1.5mm,i tried both but i stuck with the φ1.5mm,it better suited my vaping needs.

Important that if you try both air intake base that you look at them thoroughly,preinstalled air intake base HAS the o-rings but the one in the baggie doesn't.
So you need to look closely at the preinstalled air intake base,remember where the o-rings go then put them on the spare air intake base.
This isn't mentioned in the instruction manual and its important information to have.

For the TDP version of this tank just a quick FYI,there is a small rubber band in the tank which you will have to remove if you want to go from 2ml capacity to 4ml,here is a pic of said rubber band:

rubber.jpg

Its marked with the red arrow,just grab a small flat screwdriver or any other sharp tool and pry it out.

Ok so the tank was given a thorough wash,dried out and ready to be used,used the preinstalled coil properly primed,put it all together and gave it 15 minutes so it would soak up the sweet nectar of the gods.

This tank has a side filling system,just rotate the top ring and it will ascend revealing the hole where to introduce the tip of your bottle of e-liquid,close it rotating in the opposite direction and all done.
Sometimes there was a drop or two of e-liquid when closing it but just pass your thumb over it and easy peasy no need to grab a paper towel to wipe it off,residue is minuscule.

Preinstalled coil is the Atlantis SE coil 0.3Ω (30-40W),with these type of coils i like to start low,huff and puff 2 or 3 times,wait then increment the wattage a bit and this over and over until i reach the desired and must sought off ''sweet spot''

With this coil i reached Nirvana at 28 watts with half of the airflow close,talking about airflow i loved the clicks you hear each time you spin the airflow ring.

This coil i used and abused until it wasn't usable no more,used it as my daily because it was soooo good.

One the Atlantis SE coil 0.3Ω (30-40W) was dead it was time to move to the Atlantis SE coil 0.18Ω (45-60W),even thou this coil also delivered the same excellent vaping experience but it was a bit too hot for me.

For this review i used my usual 70/30 at 6mg nic,Shiva aroma but this time with a hint of Vanilla added.
Gotta say both coils brought out all the flavors and then some,really impressed with these coils but again my favorite one was the 0.30ohms,that one just seemed to be designed expressly for my vaping needs.

Pros:

-Designed by Taifun,enough said.
-Metal outer sleeve means you won't break your glass ever again plus it looks cool.
-More customization than your regular Sub-Ohm tank,not just airflow but the air intake bases further lets you hone that vaping sweet spot we all crave
-Aesthetically wise it looks pretty cool,small'ish it kinda looks like a single coil RTA to be honest.

Cons:

Can't really name any cons with this tank on performance or build quality.
Feels high end but doesn't cost as much as a high end tank.
On a more personal note and this is just me,2 things to point out:

-Drip tip is a pain to take out,gotta wiggle and wiggle it out,because of the shape and its slippery nature it does take some effort in taking in out.
I am just one of those OCD people who likes to remove the drip tip 2 or 3 times a day and with a paper towel and wipe out the orifice where the drip tip goes,that is just my thing.

-Second ''personal'' con,the side filling system?
Not a fan to be honest but again this is just a personal preference,i just prefer the regular twist the top off,jab the tip of the bottle,refill and screw the top back in.
This is not really a con just a mere observation of the way i like things.

Would i recommend this tank:

Build quality? check
Looks good? check
Coils deliver? heck yeah,double check

So yeah if you looking for a good Sub-Ohm tank made to last and with really good and flavorful coils look no further,this one is made for you.

Thanks to my friends at Aspire for sending me this product so i could review it and thanks to everyone who took the time to read this review.
Link to the official website of Aspire and the Atlantis GT:

Thanks to Aspire for sending me this product and thanks to everyone that took the time to read my review.

Have a nice day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread