Status
Not open for further replies.

00gt1

VapeMeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA
This is really strange.... So I have 4 EVOD tanks and all four of them can take protank coils. In fact, on the kangertech box, they are called Protank/EVOD/Unitank coils. I recently converted a friend to vaping and took her to a B&M to buy her a first mod. We got her an ego and an EVOD tank. I give her a pack of coils to start and a week later I get a message that they don't work. I think user error and go over to help her and sure enough, the stem on the coils is too big... rather the stem of the tank is too small to fit the EVOD coils. I double checked all four of mine and the fit fine, but her tank it does not. We went back to the B&M and they say that they have never heard of a PT/EVOD/UT coil and always sell separate coils for them. I'm confused... can someone clear this up for me?:confused: Should an EVOD tank for the PT/EVOD/UT coils from Kangertech (like my 4 do) or should they have their own proprietary coil (like hers)?

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I use mine in EVOD's, PT2, clone PT2, X10, RG400 & RG500. Some are long chimney, some are short chimney. I have had one every now and again that didn't reach the + of the battery, either wiggled up the + or pulled the + a little out the topper. Other than that I just clean/dryburn (rebuild as needed) and keep in a box, when I need a coil in any topper, grab one and pop it in, & put the old one in a to be cleaned box. I order everything to take the same coils, either the same bottom coils, or the same top coils, makes life easier for me. Guy at the B&M is :censored: and most likely sold you some kind of knock off EVOD's. JMHO

Vape On
Burnie
"vapor"

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
There are numerous clones and fasttech has a bunch of them along with the knockoff Protank/EVOD tanks it's just a matter of getting them from China. The vendor might be carrying cheaper fake coils or the tank might be fake it's hard to tell. I have knockoff EVOD's that fit genuine coils like a glove but again there are so many fakes out there.

9.4mm $4.60 X10 Protank Atomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.4
9.5mm $4.05 EVOD Electronic Cigarette Atomizer Heating Cores (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.0
10mm $4.09 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8
10mm Kanger $4.73 Authentic Protank Clearomizer Coil Heads (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Might be able to measure the gap difference and find the right one. Personally I would toss the tank and get a new one from a legit source. They can be had for $4-5 online there is also the H2 style which is even shorter however anything but genuine Kanger is likely to be made with 1mm low grade wick.

If you don't want to wrap new coils you could buy these premade coils (stick to tight wrap) and pop some wick them in pretty easy.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10007182/1591703

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread